Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, what do you want to see? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    I want a game that has a decent frigging storyline. :yep:
    Mainly this, and slightly more structure to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    I want a sensible levelling system where you get stronger the more you level up instead of weaker.

ReputationRep:
    Change the leveling system so that monsters don't level up with you :rant:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    Change the leveling system so that monsters don't level up with you :rant:.
    This plus make the strong monsters really really strong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    I want a game that has a decent frigging storyline. :yep:
    The story seems to be the same. The guy who we will eventually be (that legendary dragonborn nord guy) will be akin to the Nerevarine.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be incredibly disappointed if they don't keep the tradition of brilliant music going. TES has probably one of the greatest track records in the industry when it comes to vidya franchises and their soundtracks;

You could while away an afternoon just listening to the music.

ReputationRep:
    - Moving boats I'm pretty sure is something that everybody would like, I'm sick of seeing discarded boats which are just there for show.
    - Proper climbing or at least a less annoying mechanism for scaling mountains would be nice, since there will most likely be lots in Skyrim. I'm sick of jumping up a hill I can't climb.
    - Different spell classifications, they better spice it up a bit.
    - A lot of references to literature and movies, I thought this was an element that went amiss in Oblivion.
    - An actually new engine, I have a feeling that the announcement will be bogus and the engine will have just increased in capabilities. No, I want a NEW engine.
    - A skooma dealing guild, that would be so cool.
    - Better Fighters' Guild / Mage's Guild quests, "kill this guy" "walk here". They were very boring.
    - There not being a universal voice for races. It sounds like a good idea but it gets boring after a while. Maybe they could give all main characters different voices whether or not they are the same race.
    - Slightly better conversation than Oblivion. "Mudcrabs are nasty creatures." "Goodbye."
    - Make it an 18 and go crazy on the gore, it'll just get reclassified by ESRB anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hicky)
    - An actually new engine, I have a feeling that the announcement will be bogus and the engine will have just increased in capabilities. No, I want a NEW engine.
    It's pretty unlikely they'd throw out absolutely all the code they have and start from nothing. Why does it matter to you if it's all completely new code, or whether they've improved the existing code and fixed the problems with it?

ReputationRep:
    Leveling system like fallout. Also don't make common enemies like rats more powerful but increase the likelihood of coming across more powerful monsters.

ReputationRep:
    3 things:

A) Sean Bean
    B) Cities that are actually cities, not towns
    C) The Morag Tong as well as the Dark Brotherhood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    It's pretty unlikely they'd throw out absolutely all the code they have and start from nothing. Why does it matter to you if it's all completely new code, or whether they've improved the existing code and fixed the problems with it?
    They have announced an all new engine for Skyrim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aJohnsonsun)
    They have announced an all new engine for Skyrim.
    And how do they define "all new"? They will not have started totally from scratch, it would make no sense. The entire concept of a game engine is extremely fuzzy as it is. I'm sure they have changed a significant amount, but I can assure you there will be some code taken from the old one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hicky)
    - Make it an 18 and go crazy on the gore, it'll just get reclassified by ESRB anyway.
    This. The old argument that the higher the rating the worse it sells is rubbish, just look at the success of GTAA, Doom 3, Quake 4, Fallout 3, et cetera. And they should bring back the bewbs while they're at it.

ReputationRep:
    imo: increase scale on some parts.
    As awesome as i thought Oblivion was generally, I remember distinctly (it's been a couple of years) someone crying 'Soldiers of Cyrodiil!!' followed by an epic speech on how the world depends on that battle... to about 4 soldiers. Was rather pathetic.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Petty: I want to take photos in the game! Also, I'd love to be able to annotate the maps, because I kept finding things I wanted to come back to and that single effing map marker is no good.

ReputationRep:
    Also, longer side quests like in Morrowind as the Morrowind side quests were as long as the main storyline.
    Bring back guild requirements. It is a little ridiculous that you can join the mages guild yet do 90% of the quests with your sword and shield.
    Open cities..........I hate damn loading times which break immersion.

ReputationRep:
    I would love more places to explore, eg in Oblivion you have Caves and Forts, but in Skyrim Bandits/Mages/ other groups could create their bases in places like abandoned villages or different caves, not just going through wooden doors too similar layouts every time.

I for one like the Oblivion levelling system, once you get your head around it. It does get tedious, but it's still easy to build a really good character.

I wouldn't mind online play either, similar to Fable. eg you join someone else in Skyrim and wander about, no splitscreen.

Keep the voice actors! And I wouldn't mind seeing a few humurous glitches here and there, but I guess that's inevitable with Bethesda.

Oh, and Companions like in Fallout could prove interesting.

ReputationRep:
    better loot, in oblivion all you found in caves was gold, morrowind you found rare items and weapons making exploration more interesting.

less aggressive wild life too. it gets quite annoying in oblivion when you get jumped by a bear every 30 seconds when you're exploring. i don't recall attacks being so frequent in morrowind, although those flying things were hardcore

it would be good to have Goldbrand back again too, which is likely as it was forged by ancient dragons of the north. could be a quest to get it, as it was given to a knight sworn to protect the dragons. more of the rare items that were in all the other games but removed from oblivion would be good too.

ReputationRep:
    a non **** game

of course this will only be possible with mods

ReputationRep:
    I almost cried when I heard it's coming out. I have huge expectations :yep: I am so happy I really cannot wait!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.