ReputationRep:
    'My cat/dog ate my car'.

Or, the slightly more realistic

'My cat/dog ate my bus pass'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerr Avon)
    Why are YOU late?
    I have actually used this before haha!
    My maths teacher was late, and we were waiting outside the class, so i just went to the loo, (which is actually a trek away).
    On my way back, i could see down the corridor, the teacher had gone in, so like 10 seconds later i went in, and i got the whole "why are you late to my lesson, you're 10 minutes late" and i just went, well actually why are YOU late..... *awkward silence* :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwza)
    how about using all of these?

You woke up a little bit late so decided to get the train instead of walk to school. On the journey, the train passed through an ash cloud. In the disorientation due to the ash, a crazed dog ran along the tracks and started to eat the train. Panic set and the passengers started having multiple heart attacks including the driver which caused the train to fly off the tracks and roll straight into a moth sanctuary which happened to be where you recently put your beloved pet moth....Gary. You crawled out of the wreckage and started to plan a funeral for gary however it had to be cancelled because of the snow so you started to make your way to school. Then you found out that your fat nan had got stuck in the doorway of your kitchen so you had to race back home and help her out. Then you finally made your way back to school. You got there and realised it was national truancy day so everything was fine and you didnt need to come up with an excuse.

After your half way through this your teacher would have lost all interest and wouldnt care that your late
    Love it.

ReputationRep:
    My dog ate my watch

You were coming by car / bus but got held up in London because of a spontaneous student protest that just happened to come about when you were on your way to school

ReputationRep:
    i had to ring up and say cows had broken into my garden and i couldnt open the gate to get out until id herded them back once... even got photos as proof!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fandabidoze!)
    Bear in mind my school is the type to check with the bus company if you claim your bus broke down (when it really didn't) so your ideas need to be good.
    In that case your bus didn't stop for you, it drove straight past.

ReputationRep:
    Fighting crime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lechaton-x)
    AAAAHAHAHA. Sorry, that is hilarious! Thank god you had your phone on you, otherwise you would have had a long day ahead of you
    She was trapped in a 2 by 2 foot glass box.... So tell me, is she an elf or a fairy?

ReputationRep:
    You couldn't find a key so you couldn't leave the house because you couldn't lock the front door.

The bus went straight past because it was full, and the next one didn't turn up.

You got to the bus stop and the bus came, but then you realised you'd left your money/pass at home so you couldn't get on.

The bus driver was new and got lost and you ended up in completely the wrong part of town and you had to get off and walk and it took ages.

The dog was ill and you were scared to leave it until someone else had come home to look after it.

Your brother/sister/one of your parents accidentally took your keys/wallet/homework to work/college/school and you had to follow them to get it back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    She was trapped in a 2 by 2 foot glass box.... So tell me, is she an elf or a fairy?
    I think she means like 2 steps by 2 steps, not by height But I think she'd be a fairy because she sounds cuteeee

ReputationRep:
    I fell on my way to school?

Forgot my USB at home, had to go all the way back home and get it.

Puked in the morning

The shower broke, not prepared to come to school before having a shower..

I'm Arab :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i always use the car didn't start and then if its to late you say i had no money to get and bus so whoever came and picked me up in there lunch hour. Or if its after lunch say you went hame because you felt ill.

ReputationRep:
    Just say you thought you was on a gap year and the teacher will be dumbfounded.

ReputationRep:
    Although the snow actually did make me a bit late twice in the last couple of weeks if I just miss my bus(me leaving 5 mins too late) and I'm say 10-20 minutes late I'll just walk into the lecture and say "Better late than never I always say.", then sit down.

ReputationRep:
    Geniune ones I have had to use for being late for work -

There was an accident on the back road into town so I had to turn round and come through the town centre, and I got stuck at the railway lights.

There was a vintage car rally and I got stuck behind it on the back roads with nowhere to overtake.

There was a car on fire blocking the road and I had to wait for the fire engine.

And most recently now I live in a city and walk to work -

I saw a woman fall over on the ice and land on her face, it looked like she might have hit her head badly and injured her jaw, so I called her an ambulance and sat with her... but then she got up and ran away cos she was Polish and didn't want to go to hospital, so I had to call 999 again and cancel the ambulance.

Ironically it was only the last one that got me a warning, goes to show Tescos care more about punctuality than Morrisons haha.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.