Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Words cannot describe my love for KFC. I'm not even exaggerating, I would eat it day in day out if I wouldn't get so fat I can't fit through the door any more. I just really love KFC. The chips I'm not such a fan of unless they get served hot (never eat them cold, it's gross) and I don't like drumsticks much but everything else can just get in me right now as far as I'm concerned.

ReputationRep:
    The chicken is pretty good, although its all very overpriced. I can get nicer hot fried chicken from the Tescos round the corner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theths)
    No, obviously nobody is delusional enough to think that KFC is actually a good source of nutrients, you don't need to blame it on a huge corporate conspiracy theory.

Still tastes awesome + i'd go so far as to say the guilt adds a little extra something
    ' huge corporate conspiracy theory.' ? lol

MSG is listed on their website ingredients list along with a few other horrible things, its no conspiracy

MSG is what tastes good, you take that way with all the other crap in it and all you've got it a horrible little morsel that tastes like soft wood.

Deep fry/batter your own chicken and see how good it is

ReputationRep:
    erm no **** sherlock. lol. KFc is my mistress. I love it. we all love it.

ReputationRep:
    I put on sooo much weight when i discovered my love for KFC lol as soon as i stopped having my usual 2 a week i lost some of it without trying :O
    there chips are very average.. nothing in comparison to McDee's but popcorn chicken and there wraps are just uhhh <3 too goood

ReputationRep:
    This thread encouraged me to go to KFC this afternoon. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xlouisedoll)
    I haven't ventured into my local KFC since someone found some part of a mouse in their food!

I was never keen before that though to be honest.
    Oh that's nothing, it was on Watchdog (I think) a few years ago someone found a lizard in their chips from Burger King :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggmanD)
    ' huge corporate conspiracy theory.' ? lol

MSG is listed on their website ingredients list along with a few other horrible things, its no conspiracy

MSG is what tastes good, you take that way with all the other crap in it and all you've got it a horrible little morsel that tastes like soft wood.

Deep fry/batter your own chicken and see how good it is
    just the whole idea that they're trying to trick us into thinking we're actually being fed something nutritious (which i'm sure we can all figure we're not)

i had a look at the list, i'm not a scientist so i can't comment too closely, but the vast majority seem to be flavourings with names such as "garlic" etc?
    as for the few i don't recognise, they look scary, but then again, so does "sodium chloride"
    obviously i'm not trying to say KFC is good, but i would want to investigate more before i decided exactly how bad it actually was

i have on occasion made my own chicken
    all i can say is
    mm, sweet, sweet MSG
    so much of the thrill comes from it being "fast"

ReputationRep:
    They don't do veggie options

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    This thread encouraged me to go to KFC this afternoon. :cool:
    What did you order?

ReputationRep:
    I've been there twice and disliked it both times, expensive and bland.

ReputationRep:
    Their spicy wings are off the hook. However the sanitary is absolutely atrocious and careless. I went to the loo in KFC once, and saw a big pile of poo that was not flushed. Not very appetizing, right?!

ReputationRep:
    KFC's chicken is quite nice.

ReputationRep:
    Chicken and burgers are good!

ReputationRep:
    Love love love their wings! Their chicken pieces are good too. Not a fan of the chips tbh, I much prefer McDonalds/Burger King chips and also KFC don't sell coke or fanta! Thumbs down for pepsi and tango but mehhh overall KFC is a winner.

ReputationRep:
    Mmm yes. I love the popcorn chicken and the mini-fillet, the chips could be better to be honest. A 5-10 minutes walk to KFC from my house and there's also a McDonalds nearby..

ReputationRep:
    Boneless Banquet - can' beat it!

ReputationRep:
    Depends whether i have to do anything the next day that doesn't involve me being bent over in excruciating pain 3 feet from a toilet.

ReputationRep:
    No, not really but then I'm not a huge fan of chicken and I think the portions are quite small for what you pay. Oh, and the KFC where I live always looks really dirty.

It's gotta be a McDonalds if I'm going to have fast food :p:

ReputationRep:
    no kfc is like no penis.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.