Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many people here have never had a girlfriend or boyfriend? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loonyplatypus)
    I know, my quote list is going insane! xD

Rose or Martha?
    Haha!

Hmm...well I like both but Rose is just soo sweet though I am a bit biased since I usually don't take sides but my friend loves Rose and the 10th doctor together so she sorta convinced me

u?

ReputationRep:
    loony, you forgot Amy? I know she's knew but she's already less annoying that the last 2.
    Not to mention her looks :drool:

ReputationRep:
    I had a boyfriend when I was 6, if that counts :dontknow:. Then my next one was when I was 16, though that didn't get anywhere serious. I'm guessing I'll probably have to wait till I'm 26 for my next one :emo:

I dunno, I would like a boyfriend, but I just never seem to get anyone's interest for some reason :sigh:. I've always been a bit of a loner anyway, so maybe it's supposed to be that way? Meh.

ReputationRep:
    Apart from if you count ones that you had when you were like 5 then no I haven't. I suppose it's partly a confidence thing and also I don't really meet new people much so I haven't really seen anyone (well apart from one person when I was about 13/14) that I liked. Just turned 18 but I don't really mind. It'll happen when it happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loonyplatypus)
    I just meant that Star Wars barely counts as nerdy any more because so many people are into it :p:

And it does in order to become a Facebook relationship status change, and everyone knows that's what's most important
    And all you've done there is reinforce my view of you as part of a new movement of hipster nerds.

They are crucial to the development of any relationship, mutual or no. But Facebook accounts can be hacked and relationship statuses changed.

ReputationRep:
    I would have but I'm a troll and live under a bridge

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

I don't put myself out there.

Me

ReputationRep:
    I've never met a girl I genuinely like where the situation wasn't complicated. I do lack a little bit of confidence, granted, and perhaps I would've pushed harder in certain situations. But I've spent the last 3 or 4 years I've gone for girl after girl who I've found out later have boyfriends or have a back story. Oh yeah and then I spurn the ones that like me...

ReputationRep:
    I can't limit it to one reason. I don't have much confidence, guys never approach me and I'm way too scared to approach them, at the moment my studies are a main priority and I don't have much of a social life right now. Sometimes I feel quite invisible around guys when there are loads of good looking girls in my college... but again, maybe that's a confidence thing. I'm not too bothered at the moment but it would be good to meet a nice guy, even just as a friend.

ReputationRep:
    I havent, im 16 btw, so not quite Uni yet, no reason to panic!

Yeah, it's true. I just don't see the point of being with someone you don't see a future with :dontknow:[/QUOTE]
    Totally agree, Im not gonna go out with a guy just cause he asked me out, not that anyone else does that or anything.

Im not ugly or massively overweight or anything, I just don't tend to like the guys who like me

Ive had offers but I only go out with guys if I liked them before they asked me out and Im the top of their list. Its my personal rule for dating.

I know, picky you may say but Im a happy singleton at the moment and Ive had my fair share of holiday romances

Im happy being single but not to say I don't have my eyes on a guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MizzCupcakes)
    Haha!

Hmm...well I like both but Rose is just soo sweet though I am a bit biased since I usually don't take sides but my friend loves Rose and the 10th doctor together so she sorta convinced me

u?
    Ah, I am a Rose fan I always cry at the bit in Doomsday when they're on either side of the wall! :cry2:

What do you think of Matt Smith?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam 09)
    loony, you forgot Amy? I know she's knew but she's already less annoying that the last 2.
    Not to mention her looks :drool:
    Meh. I honestly don't understand why guys seem to love her so much. I mean, she's pretty but she's not amazing! And she annoys me a bit. I hated that bit when she came on to the Doctor and tried to seduce him

ReputationRep:
    never had a girlfriend. A combination of confidence, looks and genuinely just can't be arsed with one.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16 and I haven't. Well, unless you count stupid things when you were like 10. Nothing serious. I don't think I can't, but most people don't really take any serious interest in others until they're around 13 years old... and I just haven't happened to have found any available person I really fancy that much since then. I'm not shy or an introvert, I just don't tend to talk to new people, and most of the people I do know are my friends, or just not people I find attractive.

I've actually got with plenty more girls than I've had relationships with, but I'm the master of messing things up or generally making them awkward, goddammit I reckon I'll have had one before I'm 18 though, never discovered the magic of parties until a few months ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bj_945)
    And all you've done there is reinforce my view of you as part of a new movement of hipster nerds.

They are crucial to the development of any relationship, mutual or no. But Facebook accounts can be hacked and relationship statuses changed :nod:
    Okay, I'm a hipster nerd xD

Hmmm... computer hacking. That's kinda hot :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 and I've not.

I go to an all girls school so I don't really know any boys my age and I don't really know how to meet them. The ones I do know, I don't know very well and I don't really have the confidence to get to know them better (along with the fact that I don't really like them that much).

hello...http://forum.i3d.net/attachments/off...ake-bamboo.jpg

ReputationRep:
      am single, because i haven't really 'fallen' for anyone yet and haven't met anyone on the same wavelength as me either (or maybe i am asexual or something) :sad:

ReputationRep:
      "Is it just that you have a lack of confidence or is it that you can't be bothered and prefer to be single"

Bit of both. It's stupid because I do want a girlfriend but I get into these "can't be bothered" moods. These moods are influenced by fear of rejection but I know that if I don't take that risk, I'll never get any "yes" answers either. I also have no girl aquaintances (I used to be even shyer/lazier than I am now) so any potential GF's are going to be strangers. TBH I don't think I'm ready for a "serious" relationship anyway, I think I'd become clingy so a teenage fling would do me for now.

I've had no offers either (looks from girls on the bus interpreted as lustful looks by myself don't count, I presume) so either I'm uglier than I think or I attract shy girls.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.