Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Changing bed sheets?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    Every day, and I only wear each set of clothing once.
    So new sheet, pillowcase, duvet cover every day??? It's definiitely a good thing you don't live in halls...

P.S. Why? Even the most 'OCD' people on here do it once a week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    So new sheet, pillowcase, duvet cover every day??? It's definiitely a good thing you don't live in halls...

P.S. Why? Even the most 'OCD' people on here do it once a week!
    Yep, every day it's an whole new set of bed clothes. And a new mattress, duvet and pillows every year.

Because I'm very OCD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    I wear my clothes until they look dirty or smell though and a lot of people think that's pretty gross.
    Do people say your clothes look dirty/ you smell or is it only when you tell them that you do it they say it's gross? If they can't tell then it should make no difference to them :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Merk that Sike of a Mike)
    Yuk...

Girls these days, seriously! :awesome:
    I know, I'm sorry. Should I clean up the kitchen too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loonyplatypus)
    I know, I'm sorry. Should I clean up the kitchen too?
    You mean to say that you haven't already??
    Wow this gets even worse...

and btw where's my sandwich? i texted you an hour ago already!

ReputationRep:
    every couple of weeks, once a month absolute longest. In the summer usually more.

As for clothes, usually every two days unless I have split something on them or it's been hot. Underwear every day ofc, although I was on an American forum a while ago where people thought it was weird that I changed my bra every day, most of them wore their bras for 3-7 days O_o
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Hylean)
    I will wear the same trousers for a week
    I've not washed my jeans in a fair few months. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Once a week usually, more if my fella has been round

ReputationRep:
    Try to do it every two weeks, been about 5 this time, but been so busy not got chance, changing it this weekend though, I have a double bed so change which side I sleep on every few days so it's still clean enough to do it every two weeks. Stripping it this weekend and leaving it to air for 2 weeks over christmas.

ReputationRep:
    I usually do it once a month, sometimes leave it for longer... but I change my pillow case once a week. I don't really sweat in bed so it doesn't really get smelly, also I shower before I go to bed, but I would expect people who shower in the mornings to change their sheets more often...

ReputationRep:
    About every 2 weeks when I remember. My mum always washed them once a week at home, but I'm lazy at uni. I'm always in my bed though, and I always get crumbs in the covers which annoys me so I'll wash it more often then.

ReputationRep:
    Every month at university. At home it's a bit longer.... but only because I tend to fall asleep on the sofa or in the stable with ma' horse, haha XDD

ReputationRep:
    I must do mine every week. And i do it every sunday.
    I can't sleep in it if i know i didn't change it.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Hylean)
    As for the clothes thing, who washes clothes after only one wear? Thats ridiculous and bad for them, to be honest. I will wear the same trousers for a week and the same tops for usually half a week. They never smell and only get washed more often if they get dirt on them.
    yeh, same

Only exception is my daughter's school jumper. Every day she comes home with dinner stains down it. At the moment it's the only school jumper she's got (I've ordered 2 more but it's taking weeks for the delivery, which is ridiculous) so I wash her jumper every day. That poor jumper - it's only 2 months old but it's been washed so often it's really faded and bobbly and looks as though she's had it for years!

I totally agree that washing clothes after only one wear is really bad for clothes!

As for the original question OP - I don't really have a set day/week to wash bedding. Just every so often, maybe once a fortnight as a rough but it could be more, I decide to wash bedding. It just hits me every now and then "right this bedding could do with a wash" and I wash it.
    Except for my eldest son, at the moment, we're trying to night-train him out of nappies (he doesn't wear them during the day), so I'm having to wash his sheets every day at the moment because he keeps wetting the bed.

ReputationRep:
    I threw up in mine about 2 months ago and it's still there, oops! To be fair though it's in a position where I can just curve around it.

ReputationRep:
    You only wear clothes a maximum of two times before you wash them?

I change my underwear every day but as far as I'm concerned if it doesn't smell and it's not dirty then everything other than pants is fair game.

Edit: And as for bedclothes, it's whenever we can be bothered. I like to have clean bedclothes but the duvet cover tends to eat all the other items in the washerdryer so they don't dry properly and then both my boyfriend and myself are retarded when it comes to putting the duvet cover back on again. It's too much hassle. Probably monthly, sometimes longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    Do people say your clothes look dirty/ you smell or is it only when you tell them that you do it they say it's gross? If they can't tell then it should make no difference to them :P
    exactly! people are usually quite shocked when I tell them and it's like, it can't be that gross if they haven't ever noticed.

ReputationRep:
    About once a month :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcaneAnna)
    Well...I'm at uni, and live in a house with 4 lads.
    I still manage to do mine every week - even though we have limited drying space and only once washing machine.

Lucky for me but the lads I'm with are all pretty clean - even the worst offender does his every 2 or 3 weeks.

I think it might be a little ocd streak in me, but its just one of those things I can't deal with. Eww.

According tot he guardian - if you change your sheets only once every three months - 10% of your pillowcase weight is bacteria, mites and dead skin.
    Oh I wish I lived with the lads you live with by the sounds of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    I left mine for over 6 months before :teehee: I don't know, I washed them & didn't notice any difference so meh :indiff: It doesn't really bother me to be honest.
    :puke:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.