The Student Room Group

Is this girl too thin? Found on thinspo blog.

Scroll to see replies

You can tell she has a nice bit of healthy belly on her and that she has a naturally small frame. Leave her alone, she's fine as she is.
She would get ruined
Reply 62
No, she looks like she has a tiny build, as in you can't see bones poking out of her. She seems quite small so it suits her really. Those hotpants look fantastic.
Reply 63
Looks great to me.
Reply 64
Original post by Xx.MissEG.xX
Let's be honest, they do not. She looks like a child, not a woman.

Maybe she does. BUT what's to say that THAT isn't at all attractive-and I'm not really talking about anything peadoy sinister.

Think about Eva Longoria, school girl outfits, petite girls in general. It seems to be a bit of a fetish thing going on.
Original post by caroline147
It's slightly worrying that so many guys would class her figure as 'hot'; her figure is that of a young girl, not a fully-developed woman. She doesn't appear to have much of a waist/boobs, and her legs are tiny. I'm not sure she's too thin, exactly, but surely she looks too adolescent to be 'hot'?!

obviously she does look hot, judging by the votes (to a lot of people, at least).
whether its worrying or not.. its not in my opinion
Original post by WhySoLimey
obviously she does look hot, judging by the votes (to a lot of people, at least).
whether its worrying or not.. its not in my opinion

I find it a bit worrying, as it suggests that:
a) guys' opinions are out of step with girls' opinions (judging by the poll)
b) guys' perception of 'hotness' no longer correlates with traditional/evolutionary beneficial ideas of attractiveness.
c) as a girl with an hourglass figure, when compared to a girl who's so thin and boyish, will I be considered less 'hot'?

Obviously she is considered hot, yes, but that is not without implications.

She doesn't look too thin at all! Or too fat! Looks perfectly healthy to me, but then again I'm probably a similar size, so I'm biased :smile:
Original post by caroline147
I find it a bit worrying, as it suggests that:
a) guys' opinions are out of step with girls' opinions (judging by the poll)
b) guys' perception of 'hotness' no longer correlates with traditional/evolutionary beneficial ideas of attractiveness.
c) as a girl with an hourglass figure, when compared to a girl who's so thin and boyish, will I be considered less 'hot'?

Obviously she is considered hot, yes, but that is not without implications.

I don't think you should be worried about being considered less 'hot', nor should the results of the poll be necessarily too worrying. The number of people who have voted is relatively a very small amount, and so can't be representational of the female or male population....also, the title of the post 'is this girl too thin - thinspo' etc, will ultimately attract a certain type of person...meaning those guys who prefer more hourglass figures might not be so interested (or 'turned on') at the mention of a picture of a thin girl, than I guy who prefers more petite females. And similarly, females who are happy with their figures wouldn't be as likely to comment/vote than those who have a desire to be thinner or have a strong opinion on weight.

I do think you've made valid points (and interesting ones too!!), though I don't think this poll is conclusive enough to cause any worry! :smile: (however that's just my opinion of course! :P)
Reply 69
If she's just naturally very small framed and doesn't weigh a lot, then naw she's o.k, if however (and it seems likely considering her pics on a pro ana sight) she's gotten like that through dangerous eating/exercise habits then that's really not healthy or something to promote. If i saw her in the street though i wouldn't think OMG ANOREXIC!!Prolly just think she was naturally quite petite and boyish figured.
Original post by Billydodger
So I'm defo no stranger to thinspo/ana sites. Am a gir btw (ignore username, its to hide identity). Anyhow, I got thinking about some of the pictures and as to whether soem of the girls are literally too thin to be attractive or are actually just right. Heres the girl.

I would personally looooove to be like this.

I don't find the girls appearance particularly attractive; the face, make-up, skin tone and hair colour etc, though I find her body type rather appealing.

In fact, my last two girlfriends had the same slim body type, and were quite tall for women (5'8" each, at about 8 stone). Being models, of course, the composition of their bodies was really aesthetically pleasing. On all women, it may not be the case.

I wouldn't find a girl with such a body unattractive, in short.
Too thin - look at the proportion of her head to her body, it looks too big.
Original post by Bella Occhi
Too thin - look at the proportion of her head to her body, it looks too big.

Sigh...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspective_(graphical)
i wouldn't say she is TOO thin but she could do with a little bit of meat if you know what i mean :smile:
Reply 74
She looks alright, skinny but not to the point where it's extreme or unattractive. If she lost more weight though, then that would be too skinny imo. I think she'd look better with a little more meat on her and I wouldn't like her body but some people are just built that way.
Reply 75
She has the body of a thirteen-year-old. I'll pass, thanks.
Reply 76
No I don't think she's too thin. She doesn't have an attractive body shape however, there is no waist, no 'marked' shoulders, just straight down like a cylinder. And obviously her style is very teenager, so I wouldn't judge her as a "woman".
I always think people are too thin when their thighs look all weird and don't touch at all, or aren't even close to touching. It just gives me the creeps.
Anyway, the girl in the OP is skinny but she's also really young, so she looks okay. Her thighs freak me out a little, but there are definitely worse out there.
(edited 13 years ago)
she is an ok size not really too thin but she is thin and maybe could do with a little bit of weight put on however there nothing wrong with her weight by the looks of it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending