Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lanaD)
    Yeah mines for psychology too, hope not! although I did kinda expect it.. maybe they will think twice now to avoid being mean. haha. what's the forum?
    just got the rejection letter from bristol themselves now! it is extremely unprofessional, the forum is psychology applicants 2012

ReputationRep:
    letter as in email? Cos I got an email from them and thought I had now been rejected but I spoke to a guy and he said he got the same so he called them and they said that's just an automated email that everyone got in response to the error by UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    Your in! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on your offer. What university was it from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lanaD)
    letter as in email? Cos I got an email from them and thought I had now been rejected but I spoke to a guy and he said he got the same so he called them and they said that's just an automated email that everyone got in response to the error by UCAS.
    email, hmm but if you go on the bristol application portal it says rejected. So im pretty sure i am rejeceted! nvmmm! (it hasnt changed on ucas, but most of the time you get an email rejection from the uni, then it eventually changes )

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends has a uni offer, she's had it for a while but UCAS haven't updated her profile.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if it was a mistake but, more Newcastle University changing their mind but, last year when I applied, I got sent a rejection then a week later, they sent me a conditional...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hollz♥)
    email, hmm but if you go on the bristol application portal it says rejected. So im pretty sure i am rejeceted! nvmmm! (it hasnt changed on ucas, but most of the time you get an email rejection from the uni, then it eventually changes )
    That's strange though cos me and my friend both got the false rejection and then after that email so he rang them up and asked if he was rejected and she said no its just a automated email sent to everyone after the error they made. Plus haven't got anything on my UCAS (they removed the first mistake) Btw what is the Bristol application portal?? whats the page??

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about UCAS making mistakes, but I've heard universities making them. SGUL rejected my friend and then called them up in July after exams with an offer... and they lived happily ever after :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lanaD)
    That's strange though cos me and my friend both got the false rejection and then after that email so he rang them up and asked if he was rejected and she said no its just a automated email sent to everyone after the error they made. Plus haven't got anything on my UCAS (they removed the first mistake) Btw what is the Bristol application portal?? whats the page??
    Bristol have just emailed saying its another error, hmm, all this and I will probably still end up getting rejected! It should have come with the first email they ever sent you

ReputationRep:
    I've never known it to happen what can happen is that the emails can get delayed, but I don't think it happens where they mistakenly give you an offer and then turn it into a rejection. It'd be awfully unfair if they did

If you really are worried phone the university up. But you might look a bit silly so I'd just trust Track

Well done by the way

ReputationRep:
    Remember, it's a lot easier to get in to uni this year than it was last year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeester)
    Remember, it's a lot easier to get in to uni this year than it was last year!
    that's complete speculation!

ReputationRep:
    I've never known UCAS to make a mistake, so I'm guessing it's a rare occasion. You've got an offer, congratulations and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quinford)
    This is very interesting:confused:. I have just received a rejection from UCL for English, without having had an interview and I am really a bit upset (not full of myself, honest). It's just that I'm predicted, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get, higher than required grades and my teacher was gobsmacked when I told him (he went to UCL) and they gave no specific reason, which makes me paranoid, that whatever grades I get, there's something really bad about my application (I'm scared of asking for feedback- self-esteem's a bit fragile right now). Anyway, interview at Warwick soon, so onwards and upwards.
    I got rejected from English at UCL (without an interview) last year having already achieved A*AAA at A level with the A* in Eng. Lit.

To be honest I was a bit shocked at first because I had already exceeded the entry requirements and my tutors had all said my personal statement was very good. I think you just have to bear in mind that it is incredibly competitive and UCL can afford to reject you on the basis of any small weakness in your application (I think ultimately it was my poor GCSEs that let me down). I've since realised that English probably wasn't the right course for me and applied for something else entirely this year, but best of luck to you with Warwick and your other choices. :yes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Not UCASs fault, but a friend of mine was sent a rejection from Oxford and then they emailed her saying, essentially, 'oops, sorry, our bad. You're still getting an offer.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hollz♥)
    that's complete speculation!
    What do you mean speculation? There are 20% less applications this year...

ReputationRep:
    Give me a url to this 'fact'.

ReputationRep:
    It's nothing like 20%. More like 6%.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-16409944

But this is hardly relevant to the topic of the thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    It's nothing like 20%. More like 6%.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-16409944

But this is hardly relevant to the topic of the thread
    Okay! My bad, but I would add that for 19-21 year old's it's down 13%.http://www.ucas.com/about_us/media_e...plicantfigures

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.