Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ladies, do you like it when a man kisses your hand when he meets you...? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ewwwww, no no no no NO.
    I like my personal space. I'm still not used to all these Southerners wanting to hug me every time we say goodbye. Fair enough if you're going away for 6 months, but if I'm going to see you at school tommorrow, I'll do without, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    Hilarious!
    Who's that guy? He looks like a bully, no offence. :p:
    Haha, I love him. Who is that guy? It's David Tennant! He's a famous British actor. Played the Doctor as well.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be creeped out:erm:

ReputationRep:
    I would love it...its extremely charming

ReputationRep:
    Yes I quite like it

ReputationRep:
    If you are handsome and charming then go for it!

If not, it could come off creepy, sorry to say.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=1517755 GIFSoup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hidden_desire)
    LOL depends who it is! Random stranger approaching me and kissing me on the hand... that would be, well, er strange? :lol:
    I agree. but I would add that it also depends on the situation. If I date somebody to go dancing salsa or something like that I would think it is charming. But if I want to meet somebody to learn for university with, It would be strange.

I had to smile while I was reading that there are still any last gentlemen left doing this.

This is so last century, nowadays you should be going for the nipple.

ReputationRep:
      No I don't. A simple 'hello' will suffice. This isn't 1864.

ReputationRep:
      If it's a complete stranger, it'll most likely be seen as being creepy and awkward. But I suppose, if you're extremely good looking and charming, you may be able to pull it off.

If it's someone I genuinely know, then I suppose it's fine.

ReputationRep:
      Imma say no. CREEP.
      • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by rlw31)
      You had a semi stalker? Do tell!
      It's a rather longwinded story but basically some **** from another college thought I'd be his girlfriend. Or possibly that I was his girlfriend. I still haven't quite worked it out. This went on for a term until a rather angry Facebook exchange. Lucky for him: anymore harrassment from him and he was going to feel the official wrath of my college's Tutor for Women.

This despite him being a pretty right-wing Tory who doesn't like immigrants :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
      no i wouldnt like it, i have my own personal space!!

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.