Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Square Enix new- Final Fantasy vs XIII, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy Agito XIII Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Facticity)
    Fair enough, I learnt japanese a long time ago, it is time consuming and quite hard. So this isn't a particular concern for me personally. But I can see what you mean. Depending on the type of game could you not still get, like naruto games . I have a few friends who have japan only naruto games but it doesn't spoil it. Would this be an option?
    I don't tend to play franchised games like that, unless they're fighting games and then I don't play for the story.

No point playing an RPG when you can't understand it, really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Such amazing games. It's a pity they're so hard to get in Europe and America.
    So true, my first one was Tales of Symphonia and I was blown away! After that I got the sequel and it was a real let down. I played te demo of Tales of Vesperia on the 360 but that's about it, I know of other episodes but they're really hard to get pretty much impossible.

Get a PS3, its region free so enjoy games from japan which take forever or never come out here.
    Is only in Japanese though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    So true, my first one was Tales of Symphonia and I was blown away! After that I got the sequel and it was a real let down. I played te demo of Tales of Vesperia on the 360 but that's about it, I know of other episodes but they're really hard to get pretty much impossible.
    Symphonia was my first too. Sooo good. I've got Phantasia on the GBA, the 360 one and a few on the PSP too, but so many are stuck in Japan that it's not even funny. I get tired of being really excited over them and then being unable to play them cause they never even get released in America, let alone Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reelo)
    I'm looking forward to them all, really! But at the moment, as I've just finished KH: Birth by Sleep I'm dying to know about KH3!
    I didn't realise there was a extra bit at the end until just recently...>_>

ReputationRep:
    Symphonia was my first too. Sooo good. I've got Phantasia on the GBA, the 360 one and a few on the PSP too, but so many are stuck in Japan that it's not even funny. I get tired of being really excited over them and then being unable to play them cause they never even get released in America, let alone Europe.
    The worse thing is after you they released it in europe, the version looks like a dumbed down version of the Japanese, even the american one is better and that's really messed up because the closest you get of the original is the youtube videos of it.

Phantasia eh? Isn't that one of the early version of the tales series? Which ones do you have in the PSP?

BTW have you tried the sequel of symphonia? What did you think of it? It was kind of crap for me lol

ReputationRep:
    The worse thing is after you they released it in europe, the version looks like a dumbed down version of the Japanese, even the american one is better and that's really messed up because the closest you get of the original is the youtube videos of it.

Phantasia eh? Isn't that one of the early version of the tales series? Which ones do you have in the PSP?

BTW have you tried the sequel of symphonia? What did you think of it? It was kind of crap for me lol
    Phantasia is the original one. First in the series, really good game, though. Loved it.

Haven't played Symphonia's sequel, but it's waiting for me at home. Need to import my Wii here before I can play it.

I've got Tales of Eternia, Tales of Radiant Mythology, both of which are on the PSP, and Tales of Vesperia on the 360. There've been a couple released in America that I don't have, but they're for legion locked consoles and I dislike chipping, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Phantasia is the original one. First in the series, really good game, though. Loved it.

Haven't played Symphonia's sequel, but it's waiting for me at home. Need to import my Wii here before I can play it.

I've got Tales of Eternia, Tales of Radiant Mythology, both of which are on the PSP, and Tales of Vesperia on the 360. There've been a couple released in America that I don't have, but they're for legion locked consoles and I dislike chipping, etc.
    Cool I wont spoil the surprise for you about the sequel lol

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else noticed that the main character of versus seems like a hybrid of Sora (his fighting style) and Cloud (looks/personality)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Is only in Japanese though?
    I am not sure. It depends on the game and the scale of production and popularity. I am sure a google search may give you an idea

What did you think of FFXIII battle system? I thought it had immense potential and it did allow for some quick hectic battles with good pace and a nice difficulty curve. Overall I thought it turned out quite well for a new type.
      I personally really liked the XIII battle system once it opened up a bit. The early stages were a bit button-mashy, but the tactics required in the late game and several of the hunts were excellent, and the visuals / pacing of combat were easily the best in FF so far. The only small change I'd have made, and one that would make all the difference IMO, would have been allowing character switches within the paradigm system... e.g. if you could switch from Rav(Lightning) - Rav (Fang) - Syn (Hope) with control of Lightning, to Com (Lightning) - Com (Fang) - Med (Hope) but controlling Fang... then it would have been perfect! Army of One a few times followed with Highwind... fun .

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.