Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomas McDowall)
    So i had my telephone interview finally yesterday morning for the Corporate Markets summer internship. All seemed to go very well, felt good about it all. Glad to have finally had my interview after being emailed in November saying an interview would be scheduled in December, then eventually booking one in early january then them failing to ring me, then rescheduling for last week of Jan, then my interviewer was off ill so had to be rebooked for 10 days later. Finally I had my interview, and have been emailed saying:

"At this time we are close to filling our target of offers for the 2011 intake for the Lloyds Banking Group Corporate Markets and Finance Intern programmes.
    We have received a large number of applications for a limited number of available internships for Summer 2011. We have already filled the assessment centres that were required to achieve our recruitment targets.

Consequently we are unable to progress your application further. We regret any disappointment and inconvenience this may cause you.

If our target increases we may look to contact existing applicants, such as yourself. If this is required, we will contact applicants with priority going to those whose applications had been started the earliest and had progressed the furthest in the recruitment process."

Has anyone had the same? Feel slightly robbed, as surely there would have been places back in early January when I originally booked gutted.
    That sucks, I had a GM intern phone interview 2 weeks ago and still heard nothing from them...so i guess at least they said it straight. I doubt they would even email me...

and yeah it does feel rubbish, it isnt even because you were poor... =/ bad times man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gagey19)
    Hi can anyone help me? I have an assessment centre for HR in Solihull on Thursday and applied to have a hotel room for the night before. However I have heard nothing back as yet. Does anyone know how long they usually take to get back to you before offering a hotel room?? Many Thanks
    Hi

I was in the same position, i've got one for business technology on friday. I phoned the centre in Solihull on 0121 696 5000 and they were able to pass me on to someone that helped and i got my booking through within 5 min.

hope this helps and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Had my AC yesterday for an internship in general management and was given my offer today.

In the spirit of sharing (this site has been very useful), let me know if you have any questions.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys i posted awhile ago asking this question, wondering if anyone could give me an answer

how have you guys prepared for question in the competency section "whats going on with lloyds right now, who are there main competitors, how lloyds compares to its competitors and what is corporate markets" having some problems with these questions any help is appreciated

cheers

ReputationRep:
    Best advice for you would be to do some research on the company, its competitors and any upcoming government regulatory changes that might affect Lloyds. We could rattle off a long list of things to say but it would be a lot more convincing if you actually knew some background facts et. Look, for example, to the fact that Lloyds is having to sell off approx. 700 branches...

Read the FT too as, aside from providing a great overview of news and current affairs both inside and outside of the financial sector, there have been a good few articles about LBG. Might be interesting to note that the new chief executive started last week too.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.