Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls - what tactics do you use to get a guy to notice you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I launch myself at his groin.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I don't. Perhaps this is why I'm so **** at attracting people.

ReputationRep:
    Eye contact, smile and look away

Works like a charm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcaneAnna)
    Shyness? Nahh, definitley not.
    I don't really put any effort into 'getting guys'.
    Plus most of the time they seem to approach me.

I think I'm just sick of men in general.
    Relationships are a hassle and I feel like any guy I meet turns out to be a **** - so maybe I'm just happy not bothering.
    It sounds pretty clear that you're attracting the wrong type of bloke. If you alter your tactics, you'll meet nice guys. They usually won't approach you. This is where the 'tactics' come in.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet_Heart)
    I walk past and make brief eye contact. No, seriously. More often than not the guy grabs me and pulls me back haha.
    I do this too, but also as I make eye contact I'll give them the faintest of smiles before looking away. That generally (actually, always) gets the message across

ReputationRep:
    No, you don't have to buy her a drink, but just for the record, if a man offers then my opinion of him immediately sky-rockets (generosity + gentlemanly). It's also good way to gauge how interested the girl is - only a real b*tch will let you buy her a drink and then turn you down. And thirdly I can't imagine that any nice girl would let a guy get away with buying her a drink if she wasn't going to return the favour. I won't accept a drink unless I know that I can buy a round in too. But no, I understand that we don't all have the fund, and no one will expect you to, so maybe just general chatting and then work your way up to asking her to dance instead?

Really? I doubt it. She probably just wanted the attention and then got scared when you acted on it. But then I guess it depends on the situation because I'm thinking of clubbing, which is a bit of a grab and mate situation. In that case I'm sort of sceptical who will smile at a guy she doesn't know and mean nothing by it. If not then you win some, you lose some, nothing lost, nothing gained

Haha, you make me out to be some sort of maneater? Well...I have my fair share haha... :P

(Original post by alexs2602)
    I have a question; what if she's just a smiley person? I know a girl who seems to be like that. It'd make more sense if I mentioned I liked her

It's different if you know the girl. I was just talking about strangers passing in a club/bar. However, does you look into your eyes when she smiles? And does she watch your mouth when you speak? (I know that that's difficult to tell, but body language etc etc). If you are speaking to her on a regular basis then you are right, her simply smiling (especially being a smiley person) really doesn't mean anything other than that she is happy and likes flirting haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    He understood me, so did you, so your correction was pointless.
    I guess grammar in general is pointless then. Don't be a ****ing ****. Used your year two spelling skills.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reelo)
    I do this too, but also as I make eye contact I'll give them the faintest of smiles before looking away. That generally (actually, always) gets the message across
    Snap haha

Walk past, eye contact, shy smile. Bingo. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don John)
    It sounds pretty clear that you're attracting the wrong type of bloke. If you alter your tactics, you'll meet nice guys. They usually won't approach you. This is where the 'tactics' come in.
    Maybe, maybe.

But I really am not that fussed atm. Sex a la carte is fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbyladosc)
    in this order:
    cleavage
    legs
    bum
    eyes:sexface:
    Hey that goes from the top to the bottom

ReputationRep:
    Snap haha

Walk past, eye contact, shy smile. Bingo. :P
    And then you never see them again.........

ReputationRep:
    Not the best idea to ask girls on TSR :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Eye contact and smiling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    And then you never see them again.........
    Well we'll see. I've only seen that tactic fail on a number of occasions, and even then I admit that I was aiming way above me haha, so it's hardly surprising.

In any case, I can practically guarantee pulling a guy in the club based on that alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reelo)
    It's really that simple? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyowl)
    Get my tits out.
    You know how to get the rep

ReputationRep:
    "I REALLY LIKE YOU AND I AM WEARING NO KNICKERS" works :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mm_Minty)
    It's really that simple? :curious:
    To be fair I only ever use this when I really like the guy. It's worked for me thus far, but I think that I maybe got lucky because the guy (who later became my boyfriend) was one of the sweetest, most bashful people I have ever met, so maybe it worked on him for that reason?

Anyway, its just to get his attention, right? After that, you start talking and really getting to know one another and it'll all fall into place

ReputationRep:
    x
    I'll have to pay more attention to those details in january. I'm not really a drinker/clubber atm but that's what uni will be for

Just teasing

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.