Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does it ever annoy you when a person texts you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeStinks)
    Yup there's this one guy who always starts the text with ..

'Yo how cumz you don't text manz no more?!!?!'

To which I reply

'Didn't want to'

Then I'll get the same text the next month with out fail.
    Manz needs a bit of luvin from the sounds of it, no joke ting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenGAZE)
    I love getting texts (and sending them).

Phone calls however...not so good. I think i have a mini panic attack every time someone calls me, i really don't know why but i get very anxious talking on phones.
    Sameeee! Do you feel the same way making calls to? Last week i was supposed to call this place to get some info. I spent all morning mentally preparing myself in order to make the call. When I did,they put me on hold. I was only able to last 10secs before hanging up. I still havent call them back yet. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Yes sometimes it does, especially if I'm busy.But there again the only person that ever texts me is my brother, no one else bothers.

ReputationRep:
    No one texts me. Forever alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellakrystina)
    No one texts me. Forever alone.
    That's....cheerful. Not feeling the festive spirit. Eat a chocolate orange, drink a hot cocco and smile

ReputationRep:
    Yes - it makes me so physically sick that I have to throw the phone on the floor, and completely destroy the internal circuitry by stamping the **** out of it.

ReputationRep:
    Yarr, but then I ignore them and they dont text back

ReputationRep:
    there is a guy who doesnt have a life and everyday of the week he either sends me a pointless text or "whaddup?" .... we're not exactly friends so i find his texts pretty annoying. I mostly dont reply but he's still persistent in his texts no idea why, some people are just weird. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I get irritated when certain people text me, without fail the same guy texts "ello mate u ok" atleast 4 times a week =/ It's just boring, either say something interesting or don't text me.

ReputationRep:
    It annoys me unless I fancy the person who is texting me. Then it's awwwwright :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelissaJayne)
    That's....cheerful. Not feeling the festive spirit. Eat a chocolate orange, drink a hot cocco and smile
    It literally is just my mum who texts me . I saw a white chocolate orange yesterday and I was so tempted to get it! I've got my work Christmas meal tonight with a white chocolate yule log for dessert :drool:

ReputationRep:
    not really :L the amazing thing about the humble text is the fact that you dont have to reply straight away ... so if you dont want to reply or text ... you just ignore it or put your phone on silent?

also ... if there people you dont like why would they have your number?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellakrystina)
    It literally is just my mum who texts me . I saw a white chocolate orange yesterday and I was so tempted to get it! I've got my work Christmas meal tonight with a white chocolate yule log for dessert :drool:
    Ah, least you can count on mum for the odd message! Wow..white, that's snowy. I'd of had to have got one! Even if just for decoration Have fun at your work christmas meal, dessert sounds lush. See if you can get one of your work pals numbers and get texting another human being over xmas

ReputationRep:
    Anyone agree with the 'it takes two to tango' philosophy in relation to text messages..?

I mean when a lot of people text me, it annoys me - I give them the one line response, yet when I text someone I actually want to text.. i really hope they don't feel the same ;P

ReputationRep:
    When I get a text it's always a surprise, kinda like a box of chocolates just thinking of getting a text gives me a warm feeling inside...........or maybe that's due to the hot chocolate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelissaJayne)
    Ah, least you can count on mum for the odd message! Wow..white, that's snowy. I'd of had to have got one! Even if just for decoration Have fun at your work christmas meal, dessert sounds lush. See if you can get one of your work pals numbers and get texting another human being over xmas
    Ah I see work people enough - I don't want to text them too! I've just come back from the Christmas meal and the starter was the best bit, unfortunately. The only other person I text is my boyfriend and as he's back from uni over Christmas, hopefully that will distract me from that lack of texts I receive D:.

ReputationRep:
    No, it makes me feel loved. :fluffy:

It's annoying when they text you and wake you up.

ReputationRep:
    I only get annoyed when i need an urgent answer but other people text you except that person you need the answer from

ReputationRep:
    Not really, unless they're bugging me obviously.
    What I do hate, is when someone is constantly texting on their phone whilst talking to you, that is just plain rude!

ReputationRep:
    LOL all the time. I didn't realise there were gonna be so many creepy guys at uni...:eek:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.