Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So I went to a strip club yesterday... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)
    Never been into one but I wouldn't rule it out - at the end of the day I personally think girls look much better that barely-dressed than most men (unless they are Tyson Beckford...nomnomnom!) and i'm comfortably straight enough to know i'd not get turned on by it.

As for my boyfriend going...I trust him enough. That + Strict rules on no touching/jerking off etc = nothing for me to worry about.
    Self-deception is a wonderful thing. Don't you think? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I wouldn't say tons of money. The work they do is degrading, Also it makes me think about the circumstances that led them there. Plus some of the dancers are thick as pig ****.
    I would explain myself in more detail but, I'm trying to write an essay
    Thats such a massive generalisation! I'm sure there are girls that do it to fund their crack habit and keep their 15 kids in nappies but the majority of them are there because its a well paid job that they are good at. I know several people that work in strip clubs to earn a bit of extra money while they're at uni, and they are happy, confident and highly intelligent women. There is (in theory) no physical contact - strip clubs sell the idea of sex and if a women works there out of choice then pitying her is insulting. People need to move on from the idea that every woman that works in that industry is a soul-less crack-whore... have you never watched Secret Diary of a Call Girl?!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    Self-deception is a wonderful thing. Don't you think? :rolleyes:
    Eh? You've lost me there.

If you're on about me visiting strip clubs myself...I don't see there being a rule that no straight girls can go to strip clubs and have a good time. I have a lot of male friends and if thats what they want to do when we go out as a group i'm happy to tag along. I am 100% sure I am straight, but comfortable in that sort of environment because I don't have anything to worry about.

As for my boyfriend...it wouldn't bother me if he wanted to go. If he wanted to go all the time then i'd maybe wonder but I doubt that very much. As I said I trust him and I know I make him happy

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'd be able to keep a straight face if a guy was thrusting his crotch in my face.
    Hence, I've never been to a strip club :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    You wouldn't want a relationship with one as they have serious man issues.

SOme are down-to-earth but in reality their view of most men is screwed and no matter what they say it does affect them.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.