Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do the super fit girls like House/Dance music while the ugly girls like Rock? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Way to generalise people:rolleyes:

Never actually heard of the second band tbh..

Most dance/trance are played in clubs/ beach parties.. where most girls wear a lot less clothing.... im sure if those girls in the second vid wore bikini suits you'd think they're hot... also they all kind of look emo in 2nd vid

You've not been to a gig or a concert before? Indie look ftw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    you think you like rock music :fyi:

you just haven't discovered actual music.
    :fyi: I know that I like rock

ReputationRep:
    It's true there are more super fit birds into dance than into rock and metal. But when you find a super fit girl who likes rock and metal, then you win, young man, you win

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meghaan)
    :fyi: I know that I like rock
    you think you know. but looking at that delectable profile picture i'd say indie would suit you more than rock/metal

ReputationRep:
    look at this a house dj (dj belucci):
    If she's hot then I'm pleased to be a metalhead...

You're all missing the point anyway... rock/metal guys = :coma: (not with long hair though). Metrosexual down at Ministry... :camp:

ReputationRep:
    Same goes for guys too I guess. You always see the ugly societal rejects (greebos) go to rock concerts, or 'gigs' (a few hot people too, but generally pretty ugly), but in big House/other Dance parties nearly everyone is super hot with the ugliest people there being moderately above average. Why is this?

Case in point:

vs

Explain.

Wow, from the logic you use to the evidence your very sophisticated and well articulated argument relies on, you've blown me away. Your reasoning skills appear to be second to none and I think scientists, philosophers and sociology lecturers could learn a lot from you based on this post. Do you read the sun?

ReputationRep:
    is it working?
    Well as i don't think reggae music is the best thing evaaaar and don't find it remotely "cool" to tell everyone who will listen i enjoy a joint then yes, i think it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    I dunno why but this makes me shudder
    What on earth is wrong with Muse ?

ReputationRep:
    lol u see my post on that hitler getting into heaven thread?

u b mad :awesome:
    Yes, i'm ****ing livid Naziboy. U mirin? Now do a goose step.

ReputationRep:
    you think you know. but looking at that delectable profile picture i'd say indie would suit you more than rock/metal
    I've gotta be honest- I don't really like indie

ReputationRep:
    You obviously never been to an indie-rock concert

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFlyingDutchman)
    What on earth is wrong with Muse ?
    They're ****ing gay. And every sad emo **** i know loves them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Wow, from the logic you use to the evidence your very sophisticated and well articulated argument relies on, you've blown me away. Your reasoning skills appear to be second to none and I think scientists, philosophers and sociology lecturers could learn a lot from you based on this post. Do you read the sun?
    no i read the daily star.

problems?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meghaan)
    I've gotta be honest- I don't really like indie
    give me examples of what you like - i'm intrigued :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mirin?)
    Yes, i'm ****ing livid Naziboy. U mirin? Now do a goose step.
    y u mad tho?

(Original post by Hot.Chocolate)
      ditto.:cool:
      The irony.

ReputationRep:
      give me examples of what you like - i'm intrigued :holmes:
      Not heavy rock or anything but like lostprophets, bullet for my valentine etccc

This contradicts this:

rock/metal is all the same music. anything loud and annoying with a guitar falls into the same category.
        Indie is alternative rock. I hate the use of Indie to describe it because it isn't indie.

ReputationRep:
        Wow, this is actually a relatively discussion-worthy topic.

First of all, that video of 'rock' was a video of 'metal'. Now I don't want to stereotype too much here, but I'd think the majority of girls you find at the dance/house concerts are generally he mainstream socialites/relatively popular. As a result they want to make an effort to look good and fit in with the mainstream ideal of beauty (go to the gym, wear more make-up, dress slightly skimpy etc...) I'm sure if you put every girl at all of those concerts in the same outfits, make up etc... they'd all be on par.

But you obviously haven't got a very diverse view of 'rock'....have you seen the girls that go to indie rock festivals? (this may sound slighlty narcissistic coming from a girl who everyone stereotypes as 'indie' ).

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by TheFlyingDutchman)
        I used to think that.

Then I sort of met her (Nothing major just shook her hand) and she is so petite !! I'm only 5''10 and I'm a skinny guy but still she is too small.
        Hayley Williams is only a couple of inches under average??

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
      Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.