0.34%
    37-39
    0%
    Above 39
    1.02%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by singerpianist)
    That was the exact BMI I was when I was hospitalised. :/ Are you ok? :hugs:

Mine is usually between 17- 18.2. Right now it's 18. I need to start going to the gym again. I'm certain all of my weight is made up of fat. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20.8 right now but xmas is coming :o:

ReputationRep:
    Assuming I've not put on weight in the last three months (I guess I'll find out sometime over the weekend cos I fly home on Friday) my BMI is 18.7 Basically as long as I'm not above 20, and not below 17.5 I look alright.

ReputationRep:
    28......................that is alright isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    BMI isn't all that useful since it doesn't take much into account but as of right now it is 20.19. and I am unfit.

ReputationRep:
    21 :/

ReputationRep:
    WTF people complaining bout being 18? EAT SOMETHING. Im unhappy with 21 as thats too skinny! lol

ReputationRep:
    no idea, i remember in 6th form we were doing our bmis and i was 'underweight' :rolleyes:

what bull****

ReputationRep:
    BMI is a pointless calculation really.

Mine is 24. So I'm not overweight, but I am kind of unfit.

ReputationRep:
    I see, about 1/5 of people leave primary school obese, and yet we have only <4% with a BMI of >30? And 1% of those magically have >39?

And, 22.4 not bad. But I still need to lose 3-5 kg

ReputationRep:
    25.46 wtf?! must be cause i'm pretty athletic and have quite a bit more muscle than most girls.

ReputationRep:
    Around 19.5. Strikingly average in the places I live in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    That was the exact BMI I was when I was hospitalised. :/ Are you ok? :hugs:

Mine is usually between 17- 18.2. Right now it's 18. I need to start going to the gym again. I'm certain all of my weight is made up of fat. :sad:
    Thanks for your concern diamonddust...I've just started recovering from anorexia, but am doing okay so far. Am guessing that must be your reason for having been hospitalised too? Hope you're doing okay now x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onge)
    WTF people complaining bout being 18? EAT SOMETHING. Im unhappy with 21 as thats too skinny! lol
    If you're referring to me, I didn't mean that a BMI of 18 was 'bad' or anything (I was worried about people thinking that, it's not a judgement on anyone else), it's just I'm in recovery (of sorts) from anorexia and I tend to think my body doesn't adhere to the rules of biology and an underweight BMI on myself translates to me being grotesquely overweight and the only way I'll look vaguely normal is at a sub 15 BMI. I'm just judging my BMI now against the (unhealthy) BMI I was before. :rolleyes:

There is absolutely no logic to anorexia and I'd be the first to say a BMI of 18 and 21 was underweight on anyone other than me. People seem to think people with AN seem to judge everyone else but no, I don't think anyone else is 'fat' or disgusting. I don't even think being 'fat' makes anyone disgusting. But for some reason, I think all those things about myself. 'Eat something' is something I'm hearing all too much. People don't really understand this isn't actually 'about' what I eat (I wish I knew what it is about), I DO eat. I must be eating enough because my weight's stable. It's just that my BMI/weight/body image issues have been left behind now I am eating and I can't deal with all the emotional effects of my issues at the moment which makes the body image issues worse. I really don't want to imply anyone should feel ashamed about their BMI, I *know* I'm not 100% at the moment. All my judgements on weight are purely internal. Believe me, I'd be telling someone who was my BMI or slightly higher/lower to 'eat something' too! It's just not that clear cut sometimes and this sort of thread does attract people with anorexia/COE/bullimia/EDNOS. It's a sort of morbid fascination, personally.

(Original post by singerpianist)
    Thanks for your concern diamonddust...I've just started recovering from anorexia, but am doing okay so far. Am guessing that must be your reason for having been hospitalised too? Hope you're doing okay now x
    I'm glad you're doing ok, are you getting support from doctors and therapists or are you going it alone? Either way, good luck! I hate anorexia. And yeah, unfortunately. I'm in recovery too but I'm hitting a Christmas/Winter rough patch, but I'm absolutely determined to never end up back in hospital! I'm trying to remind myself my urge to restrict is probably biologically based but logic isn't helping. It's really hard and I'm not helping myself, I should probably avoid threads like this! You can send me a PM if you ever want someone who 'gets' it to talk to. xx :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    I'm glad you're doing ok, are you getting support from doctors and therapists or are you going it alone? Either way, good luck! I hate anorexia. And yeah, unfortunately. I'm in recovery too but I'm hitting a Christmas/Winter rough patch, but I'm absolutely determined to never end up back in hospital! I'm trying to remind myself my urge to restrict is probably biologically based but logic isn't helping. It's really hard and I'm not helping myself, I should probably avoid threads like this! You can send me a PM if you ever want someone who 'gets' it to talk to. xx :hugs:
    I have professional support - have been seeing a dietician and clinical psychologist since March, though have only started recovering in the past 2 months really. Am glad you're in recovery too, though sorry to hear you're going through a rough patch - it's all part of the rollercoaster of recovery, and I can definitely understand why Christmas can be an added stress. Stay strong - you can get through it...it seems as though you have already done so well to be out of hospital and everything. How long have you been in recovery? (if you don't mind me asking). I know - I should avoid threads like this too, but like you said above, it must just be part of the 'obsession' side of it Despite wanting to get better and all that, there's still that part of me that likes the fact that I've got one of the lowest BMI's here - you're right, there's no logic to anorexia

Thank you - and feel free to PM me as well, if you want a chat too Take care xx

ReputationRep:
    37, but I'm a big fella so no great surprise to me to be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loonyplatypus)
    24.17. I'd say that's pretty accurate for me, judging by appearance :dontknow:
    Mines 24.4. I'd agree that it seems to work for me too. It seems to be guys sho it's doesn't work so well for - probably due to more muscle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summergirl.x)
    Urhm... this must be wrong.. it's saying my BMI is 27.3. It's more likely to be 17.3... I'm 5ft2 and just under 7 stone...
    If you're 7stone then your bmi is 17.94...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onge)
    Yes, because anyone under 18 just doesn't eat anything.

You could not be more wrong, you probably don't know how hard it is to put on weight with a super fast metabolism and other problems.

ReputationRep:
    Mine's around 20. Not weighed myself for a long time though, so just guessing my weight.

It used to be 30 though....

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.