Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many songs do you have on iTunes? Watch

ReputationRep:
    8855, 26 days, 59.9GB.

Never really choose a specific song to listen to do, first thing I do when I get back from lectures is shuffle the entire library.
    As the collection grows, the shuffle varies. That's how I like it.

ReputationRep:
    3546 (21.41gb)

ReputationRep:
    4log(3/4x)+exp(2y)+1000
    took me a long time to CATCH EM ALL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kreuzuerk)
    Wow that's hilarious. How do you think of such funny replies?

ReputationRep:
    16500 then I ran out of room so theres a ton of stuff I love but don't have, like most of deicide's discography, loads of tangerine dream, klaus schulze, edenbridge, atargatis etc.

ReputationRep:
    1456 songs, 7.53GB.

ReputationRep:
    2221, 14.92gb.

ReputationRep:
    5390 plus 25 movies.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    2,177. Why do people feel the need to brag about how much music they own?! 'I have 15,000, couldn't possibly live with less, LOLZ' Jackass'

ReputationRep:
    This is a lot of illegally downloaded music. :3

ReputationRep:
    About 500.
    I dislike having too many artists to scroll through, and I mainly listen to podcasts on my ipod- the music section is saved for my faves

ReputationRep:
    2096 songs, needs a clean up :yep:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    399 songs, 1.2 days, 2.73GB

ReputationRep:
    9,488 songs (~63GB)

And it's not like I don't listen to them - the lowest play count is 5.

Works out that I've spent about 7 months listening to music since I got it. :music:

ReputationRep:
    I have approx. 17000 songs, but only 3000 in iTunes - I rarely like an entire album so once it becomes obvious which ones I like I cull the rest, but all my music is saved on an external HD just in case my computer ever dies or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyBeautiful)
    Hmm, I guess my aim to just be able to write a succinct post without need to overtly explain failed.

My point is this:
    The masses of songs we have is arbitrary in that if we have these masses so that we have 'choice what we want to listen to', then where do we stop with our freedom of choice? Building a collection of say, 3000 songs that you won't ever have time to listen to, or even want to listen to to even bother in the first place, is the same as 6000, is the same as 100,000: it still ends up not being listened to, even though you have 'the freedom to'. I don't see the point of hoarding songs if they are just passing fancies. Surely you spend/waste the same amount of time downloading a song as deleting one

It's obviously a personal thing: I have music that never tires with me, and I think that's a good thing. And personally (since you seem to have taken my post quite so), if you get bored with your music to such a level that you have thousands of songs on hand to listen to, all presumably equal in your estimation, then you need to find some real music to listen to. As someone said, quality not quantity.

My argument has nothing to do with being able to add and expand your musical tastes, rather, questions your musical tastes in the first place. Though it would be nice if I liked as much music as you seem to. I would never have to listen to one song more than once: how freeing that would be
    I have just under 3000 songs on mine. my lastfm says that I have listened to over 7000 songs since the end of last June and this doesn't include the past 3 months I have been at uni when my lastfm has not been scrobbling songs. It is possible to have both quality and quantity. I would get bored of having the same 500 songs in my library because I listen to music alot, when I'm studying, walking to lectures, or in my room just listening to lectures, I like having the feeling of having a song that I haven't listened to for maybe a year or 2 pop up on my shuffle. It is possible to have both quality and quantity

ReputationRep:
    2975 songs. 7.8 days. 14.53 GB

ReputationRep:
    About 4,500. I'm not pressed for memory on my ipod.

ReputationRep:
    654. But about 70 of them are my Christmassy songs And I do have a bunch on there that I don't really listen to, the only thing stopping me deleting them is the fact that I actually bought them But at least they're there if I feel like listening to them again I s'pose.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.