Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

*Nicki Minaj Appreciation Thread* Watch

ReputationRep:
    Roman's Revenge is NOT over!

Roman is about to meet Lil Wayne. Weezy is squaring off with Nicki Minaj’s alter-ego on the remix to “Roman’s Revenge.”

The Harajuku Barbie’s mentor has recorded a remix to the Swizz Beatz-produced song, Rap-Up.com can confirm. The new version will be released to iTunes next week. Eminem was featured on the original track, which is included on Nicki’s platinum-certified debut Pink Friday.

The Young Money raptress was hopeful about getting Wayne on a remix following his release from Rikers Island last November. “I think that he’s definitely going to be doing a remix, as he was in jail when I recorded Pink Friday,” she told DJ Skee. “He’s not on Pink Friday, so I will definitely want to get his little butt in the studio to do a remix right away.”

Nicki may deliver a performance of “Roman’s Revenge,” with or without Weezy, when she hits “SNL” on January 29.

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/01/15/lil...h-nicki-minaj/
    Ooh I'm quite excited. I wonder if this means there will be new Roman verses because Nicki recently left a couple cryptic tweets:
    NICKIMINAJ Nicki Minaj
    Studio.Cranberries.Almonds
    11 Jan

NICKIMINAJ Nicki Minaj
    Its a secret
    11 Jan

It would be completely nuts if it was Shady, Roman & Lil Wayne (lol I dunno if he has any alter-egos lingering about. Lil tuna fish??). Or would they remove Shady.. I like her & Wayne when they go hard on songs like 'Go Hard', 'I Get Crazy' and 'Sweet Dreams'!
    It's coming this week

Speaking of Roman's...here he is with the Jewish Eminem...

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, but I just can't bring myself to like Roman's Revenge. Well, the beginning's kinda funny with the roars, but after that the song just gets annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I'm sorry, but I just can't bring myself to like Roman's Revenge. Well, the beginning's kinda funny with the roars, but after that the song just gets annoying
    Fair enough lol, there are so many Pink Friday songs that split opinion. I think the most unanimously loved track (does that make sense?) is probably Moment 4 Life!

Guess what the remix is already out LOL! I'm uploading it to YouTube right now.
    I love it

So she re-does the "rah rah's a little bit"
    ---
    A little bit short I wanted another verse from Wayne but he goes nuts!

ReputationRep:
    Not meaning to purposely piss anyone off here, it's just my opinion, but I can't stand her. She's mediocre, overhyped and it makes me cringe to have her referred to as a rapper, let alone a half-decent one. Basically, she's hip-hop's Lady Gaga, right down to the ridculous wardrobe and her attention-seeking behaviour. I think she calls her fans Barbies, or some stupid ****?

Hip-hop feels so commercial these days, it's all about selling records and not much else. I feel like even Em has sold out a bit.

I mean come on, rah rah like a dungeon dragon? The hell is that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlexBlue)
    Not meaning to purposely piss anyone off here, it's just my opinion, but I can't stand her. She's mediocre, overhyped and it makes me cringe to have her referred to as a rapper, let alone a half-decent one. Basically, she's hip-hop's Lady Gaga, right down to the ridculous wardrobe and her attention-seeking behaviour. I think she calls her fans Barbies, or some stupid ****?

Hip-hop feels so commercial these days, it's all about selling records and not much else. I feel like even Em has sold out a bit.

I mean come on, rah rah like a dungeon dragon? The hell is that?
    ^^The "rah rah.." is from a Tribe Called Quest - Scenario.

Oh well *shrug* not everyone is meant to like her I guess, and she won't appeal to everyone.

x

ReputationRep:
    WHhhaaaat? Do my eyes decieve me or does she really move that fast?

Some of my favourite & funny lines:

"I represent all the girls that stood up, use to drink water with a little bit of sugar"
    "And I'm telling President Carter he picked a winner, *****es like Nelly & Kelly got a dilemna/These birds all fly south in the winter f-ck I look like chompin' on a chicken dinner"
    "Mammi your flow's sick my flow's retarded/cuz you can take something and you won't be sick but um, I can't help my retarded sh-t, cuz my flow's stupid wheelchair bound take the short bus all year round. That b-tch pop out with a helmet on the head a bottle of new meds a good pair of keds"
    "Damn, I'mma have to send her to her maker!"
    "I'll leave clips in your head like a beautician"
    "I'mma be the Queen no matter how they shuffle"
    "F&ck I look like heaux, I look like yes and you look like no"
    "Which b-tch you know made a million off a mixtape?"
    "I'm 'bout my money mama, and tell Michelle I got my eye on Barack Obama"
    "Now I'm the master that's what's popping, aaaaaww lawdy pick a bail of cotton!"
    "Your game over b!tch. Gatorade. Wet Towel"
    The whole of Beef Stew & Womp Womp
    "I'm stunting on these hoes like Marilyn Monroe"
    "sh-t ain't sweet unless it's the presidential"
    "How the only chips you got is Bonton's potato chips...?"
    "But that's words of hip-hop, I'll pop the b-tch top, like a Corona -- call it coroner!"
    "If I had a d1ck I would pull it out and p1ss on em....If you could turn back time, Cher. You used to be here (hair) now you're gone neerrr (Nair)"
    And the urban legend that is: "Step your cookies up!"

She's just a comedic and Meryl Streep with it sometimes. Like her verses on "I Ain't Thru" & "Up Out My Face". At first, I didn't like her verse on I Ain't Thru at verse but it's just so funny to me -- who says that?
    And when she does her skits she is hilarious, "B!tch hit the dryer - you washed!"

Even though it's not my favourite from the album, here is a nicely made fan video for Dear Old Nicki.
    I wonder what she're really trying to say with Dear Old Nicki. I think for a very personal song she could have used a less poppish beat, or have chopped out that techno part at the end which I think didn't reflect what she was talking about. For a personal song my favourite of hers is Autoboigraphy. I feel so much from it I cry sometimes when I listen to it. I wouldn't even have minded if she lifted that and put it on the album maybe even updated it with a verse about the 'new Nicki' she is now.
    I feel like I like both styles: new Nicki and old Nicki but it would be good to have a fusion. It feels a bit odd saying 'Old Nicki' because she's evolved from each project she's done. Her rapping is more conventional in her mixtapes but I can't lie and say that the new Nicki didn't catch my eye in the first place. I like both her mixtapes and her album and it really shows the variety she can bring.
    In the song it sounds like she was being a bit sarcastic but then I wonder is she really trying to bring back that 'Old Nicki' sound for whatever upcoming projects she'll do and it really is a struggle to go back to that? I feel like the difference probably made the album difficult to make because of the different groups of people to please.

I feel like if she was gonna do a personal song she should have got deeper with it on the album.
    Here is Autobiography if you haven't heard it.

ReputationRep:
    she's actually performing in watford and i can't go cos i have exams SO devastated! love pink firday, love her!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vshah1)
    she's actually performing in watford and i can't go cos i have exams SO devastated! love pink firday, love her!
    Really? Where did you hear that? She tweeted that she wouldn't be doing any performances just press and parties. Be careful because there have been a lot of rumours about fake shows that never happen, like there's a rumour she'll be on Drake's Paris show on Friday which wouldn't give her much time her.

She's in England now and she said she'd post up her plans on twitter. When are your exams? I have one tomorow afternoon. I think she'll do some kind of meet and greet, I hope we both get to see her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Have any of you lot heard this freaking sick tune by Christina Aguilera featuring Nicki Minaj? I really love it! :woo:

Love that song! (Think that whole album is underrated tbh but that's for another thread...)

Apparently she's gonna be at Runway tomorrow night...

ReputationRep:
    You guys were right! London clubs tomorrow.

@NICKIMINAJ
    Nicki Minaj
    Ok London! 2moro nite I'm @ OCEANA (18 & up) then RUNWAY (21 & up). Yep! All in the same nite. fri&sat itinerary cmng soon! Cheers! ;-)
    Wow, I hope she takes some chilaxing time too. I hope she does something on Fri & Sat in the daytime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smeh)
    Love that song! (Think that whole album is underrated tbh but that's for another thread...)

Apparently she's gonna be at Runway tomorrow night...
    I don't actually have the album myself, just never got round to getting it lol, but I've heard a few of the songs on YouTube. Like, Monday Morning, I really love that one . Hmmm, maybe I should get it some time then :beard:

ReputationRep:
    nicki minaj will be at studio valbonne tonight london w1!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black_vine)
    Really? Where did you hear that? She tweeted that she wouldn't be doing any performances just press and parties. Be careful because there have been a lot of rumours about fake shows that never happen, like there's a rumour she'll be on Drake's Paris show on Friday which wouldn't give her much time her.

She's in England now and she said she'd post up her plans on twitter. When are your exams? I have one tomorow afternoon. I think she'll do some kind of meet and greet, I hope we both get to see her.

I saw it on the Oceana website but they weren't sure if she was performing or just hosting, still would have been great to see her though! I've got exams for the next two weeks, good luck with your's if you still have any. Someone told me she's planning on staying here for quite some time, if not I'll just have to fly to America and see all of Young Money cos it would be so worth it! haha

ReputationRep:
    I'm really excited for Kanye's videos from this album and I loved his Runaway film so I quite liked this one. Nicki gives the song and video LIFE despite the death in it. But the more I watch it the more finicky I get with it. It just looks like a montage though.
    I hope they polish it up a bit more so the official video can be a more popcorn-grabbing moment. Nicki's part was the most interesting she actually had a ROLE to play torturing this other voodoo being of herself which was quite clever as she raps with different characters. The boys parts were just like..so what? Well Kanye's was okay like a house owner. But it needed a bit more purpose.

I like it for what it is now though.
    I want to love it.

Nicki's dimples are way cute in the video anyway. Here's her body double.

Is that really Nicki Minaj? Her face looks different!

ReputationRep:
    I appreciate her back off :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpriteOrSevenUp)
    Is that really Nicki Minaj? Her face looks different!
    No, it's her body double for the Monster video.

(Original post by vshah1)
    I saw it on the Oceana website but they weren't sure if she was performing or just hosting, still would have been great to see her though! I've got exams for the next two weeks, good luck with your's if you still have any. Someone told me she's planning on staying here for quite some time, if not I'll just have to fly to America and see all of Young Money cos it would be so worth it! haha
    Aww that's a shame. I'm done with exams for the winter thankfully but it's all so short notice too so I can be running up and down the country. It seems she's only doing public showings at night. She will be on Tim Westwood on Saturday @ 9pm so I'll listen it for sire.
    I only thought it was a short visit but if she's here for the long haul that's pretty cool. She's going to France as well though. Shesaid she'd do a "world tour" and hopefully that would include us.

Good luck in your exams!
    x

ReputationRep:
    No, it's her body double for the Monster video.

Aww that's a shame. I'm done with exams for the winter thankfully but it's all so short notice too so I can be running up and down the country. It seems she's only doing public showings at night. She will be on Tim Westwood on Saturday @ 9pm so I'll listen it for sire.
    I only thought it was a short visit but if she's here for the long haul that's pretty cool. She's going to France as well though. Shesaid she'd do a "world tour" and hopefully that would include us.

Good luck in your exams!
    x
    Sorry I just re-read your previous post, I'm so silly LOL. Thanks though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpriteOrSevenUp)
    Sorry I just re-read your previous post, I'm so silly LOL. Thanks though
    Hee hee no worries.

Some pictures of Nicki in London.

Arriving @ Heathrow:
    (I feel like I've seen that girl, behind her, before)

Coming out of her hotel:

Nicki @ Oceana:

LOL Not feeling the second set of pictures, or rather she looks great from the forehead down. I think her hair looks best when it's down whatever colour, preferably one-tone. My favourite look is the Oceana outfit, perfect mix between kooky and casual. I would love to be able to pull off that dress!

Here is the Moment 4 Life preview if anyone missed it:

She said it would be out 'in a few days' but that was a few days ago...

ReputationRep:
    How many wigs does she has?

That can't be weave...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ussumane)
    How many wigs does she has?

That can't be weave...
    No, they're wigs lol.
    Her own hair is pretty too.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.