Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best real time strategy game? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shiny Happy Person)
    Absolutely agree with that.
    That was a great game!

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but will it work on a windows 7 64 bit laptop?
    I heard different things about compatability.
    Almost certainly. Half the time people say games are incompatible when all you need to do is change the compatibility settings etc. It isn't even that old, I play older games on mine (also win7 64)

OP my personal favourite is Dawn of War (the first one ) purely because it's epic and I was awesome at it back in the day Haven't tried the second in the series yet, I probably will at some point though

SC2 is ok, never played SC1 so I can't comment on that!

Rome: Total War is the classic from the series without a doubt, but my favourite TW by far is Shogun: Total War (first of all of them) so I am looking forward to Shogun 2 for sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tface)
    Almost certainly. Half the time people say games are incompatible when all you need to do is change the compatibility settings etc. It isn't even that old, I play older games on mine (also win7 64)
    Could you link me to some instructions, or possibly put up a simple guide?

Shogun 2!! I didnt really enjoy 1 loads, but 2 just looks awesome!

ReputationRep:
    World in Conflict (WiC) is definitely the most amazing online strategy game I've had the honour to bite into.
    The brilliance of the game can be traced all the way back to the initial idea. The whole concept of a third world war, happening in an alternative 1980, is a brilliant idea.
    The combat system seems, to me at least, very realistic, and yet extremely entertaining and challenging, compared to other strategy games.
    Teamwork is not only helpful, but necessary in order to win against a good clan, or organized team.
    The clan system doesn't work, in my opinion... clans seem to just add as many people as possible, but maybe I just never tried playing along with my clans at all.

My new laptop can't support it, and I miss it to BITS.

So... World in Conflict is a DEFO. in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Sad to see no ones mentioned Homeworld. Relic's first RTS I believe and probs one of my most favourite RTS games. First full 3d RTS game and by that i mean, the first RTS to add the Z-plane into gameplay. Compelling story with music to fit it and innovative resource collection system. Plus who doesn't like massive fleets of spaceships fighting each other.. Plus it was just graphically beautiful for its time.

ReputationRep:
    Age of Mythology is pretty awesome. I used to spend hours upon hours on that... :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.