Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    *to my youngest brother, aged 5*

'You know my mug in the kitchen? The one that says 'Worlds greatest Sister'? There are actually only three in existence. They're awarded just once every 100 years.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jb9191)
    I got caught in town with a girl by my girlfriend. So I had to pretend all day that the girl I was with was my cousin from another part of the city. I even had to add her under family on Facebook quickly before my girlfriend noticed.

Really I was just cheating on my girlfriend with this girl I'd met whilst out. It went on for about 8 months before someone finally told her that we're not related and I had been cheating all along. I hate snitches.
    Serves you right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    Serves you right.
    Why though? I was making them both happy as they were both happy to spend time with me.

ReputationRep:
    Why though? I was making them both happy as they were both happy to spend time with me.
    You lie. And a lie is a lie and liars are guilty.

ReputationRep:
    You lie. And a lie is a lie and liars are guilty.
    Not really.

Am I really lying or just avoiding telling the truth ? :cool:

Ever thought of that.

Oh well, it was 8 months of fun while it lasted, plus I treated them both with respect so therefore I think they both were better off that way.

I was happy with two women, they were happy when they were with me, neither went without, I always used condoms so its all cool.

ReputationRep:
    You look...nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lechaton-x)
    You look...nice.
    I won't say how you look.

ReputationRep:
    Not really.

Am I really lying or just avoiding telling the truth ? :cool:

Ever thought of that.

Oh well, it was 8 months of fun while it lasted, plus I treated them both with respect so therefore I think they both were better off that way.

I was happy with two women, they were happy when they were with me, neither went without, I always used condoms so its all cool.
    You just wanted some fun, you hedonistic user.:mad: You played with her like a PS3. You were acting with them and they loved that actor (who wasn't really you). You used them like objects. You need a **** in your mouth to shatter that pride.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I won't say how you look.
    Cute.

ReputationRep:
    I told my boyfriend I was half black.

ReputationRep:
    I told my mum I was staying at my best mates for the long weekend and she told her mum she was at mine. We got the Megabus down to London on the Friday night and came back on Tuesday night.

ReputationRep:
    My friend and I convinced the compulsive liar of the school that we were telepathic a few years ago. It was hilarious and we managed to keep it going for a few months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lechaton-x)
    Cute.
    I would be happy if you showed some evidence of it. I live in London if you want to meet me.

ReputationRep:
    Telling my sister that Santa was a Timelord and that his sleigh was actually a TARDIS and that was how he managed to get around the world so fast. And he used his mini sonic christmas tree to open doors instead of going down the chimney.

I also convinced her that people really did have daemons, like in the Golden Compass/Northern Lights? But they were invisible in our world and they had the same voice as us, and that when there's a voice in our head telling us things, it's really our daemon. They can't risk talking to you out loud because then people might try and trap them like they did in the book. :lol:

And the worst lie I ever told?

Spoiler:
    Show
    That I had a time-turner and actually led a double life, so I re-did every day at Hogwarts, and Draco Malfoy and Harry Potters sons were my best friends. :lol: Yes, my sig is a lie...course, I wasn't very convincing when I told my friends this, since I was laughing the whole time.

Lying is very useful sometimes. Like "Of course I'm not mad at you for being a two-faced b****!" or "Damn, I'm gutted that I missed last night!" and my personal favourite "That was my last piece of chewing gum."

ReputationRep:
    "I shot a man in Reno... Just to watch him die."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NaturalDisaster)
    Telling my sister that Santa was a Timelord and that his sleigh was actually a TARDIS and that was how he managed to get around the world so fast. And he used his mini sonic christmas tree to open doors instead of going down the chimney.

I also convinced her that people really did have daemons, like in the Golden Compass/Northern Lights? But they were invisible in our world and they had the same voice as us, and that when there's a voice in our head telling us things, it's really our daemon. They can't risk talking to you out loud because then people might try and trap them like they did in the book. :lol:

And the worst lie I ever told?

Spoiler:
    Show
    That I had a time-turner and actually led a double life, so I re-did every day at Hogwarts, and Draco Malfoy and Harry Potters sons were my best friends. :lol: Yes, my sig is a lie...course, I wasn't very convincing when I told my friends this, since I was laughing the whole time.

Lying is very useful sometimes. Like "Of course I'm not mad at you for being a two-faced b****!" or "Damn, I'm gutted that I missed last night!" and my personal favourite "That was my last piece of chewing gum."
    I actually love all of these I tried to convince a friend that the Doctor was real and that we couldn't remember any of the big events because the Torchwood lot has secretly retconed all of us!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSmithsIndeed)
    As in, were you successful in telling the lie and what were you covering up?

:holmes:

Personally, I tell white lies on a regular basis, I've tried to stop...but I really can't...
    'right Holden?

ReputationRep:
    I see dead people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geritak)
    That I'm really bad at lying... :p:
    This is the BEST lie to ever tell.
    You can get away with pretty much everything cos everyone thinks if you were lying they would be able to tell.
    You have to make it believable and convincing first. With little things like:

OMG did you eat my pizza? --> "NO!" laugh nervously
    EW! did you just fart? --->"NO!" laugh nervously.

Try hiding someone's phone and give in within a minute of them asking where it is ...and just start laughin really loud and go "I'm sorry I can't do it" and hand it back.

People will end up thinking that if you can't keep a straight face with small lies...to lie about other bigger stuff like cheating, stealing, scheming and conning would be impossible and they wouldn't even consider you being a suspect.
    MWHAHAHAHA.
    That and all your small lies will be instantly bullet proof. Useful to use on 1) unwanted people: "OH sorry. I wasn't at home.", 2)Selfishness "I'm sorry, I don't have any money/food/drink" 3)Lecturers "Oh no yeh, I'm almost done with my research project." 4)Friendship "Nah don't worry. I don't fancy your bf. So not my type"

I've told many big lies but unfortunately I can't post anonymously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shootforstars)
    I actually love all of these I tried to convince a friend that the Doctor was real and that we couldn't remember any of the big events because the Torchwood lot has secretly retconed all of us!
    *bows* thank you. My best lies are usually the ones about the lies I've told, although the ones I just put up are actually true, but I don't think my sister believes them anymore. Those were the best lies I actually told. but I enjoy lying about convincing people things. :lol:

Like I could say that I convinced my friend that I was actually from the future but one of the weeping angels got me and transported me to the year 2000. I said that I was actually from the year 3000 and no, we don't all live underwater, Busted lied. They visited the year 21000 but that didn't have the same ring as 3000. :L

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.