Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbeanmochi)
    You put into words exactly how I'm feeling! By the way, my interview was on the 8th, too. Well, good luck!
    Thank you! Good luck as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qua)
    I would love to do that, but my college asked us in a letter not to send any emails, as the admissions office will be too busy. They definitely like to torture us.
    which college is this?

ReputationRep:
    Random question, but do they definitely send us letters? Most of my friends who applied to Oxford got it through email, but I honestly can't think of anything worse than idly checking my email only to find I got rejected! I applied to Selwyn - given my luck it'll be the only one to email!

ReputationRep:
    Wow.. So unfair!
    I had to wait until January.. Sad times..
    Anyway, good luck to those still waiting, and congrats to those who got offers (oh, and good luck meeting them!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink giggle)
    Ah, that sucks for you.
    Christ's had written on their website that if our letter will be significantly delayed than we are allowed to email admissions. So I'm taking that as an invitation for me to email seeing as my letter will be quite delayed.
    Haha, me tooo
    But saying that, I do have a genuine reason - All my university letters from the UK, so far, have taken 3-8 weeks to reach where I live (int he Middle East).

The quickest bit of post I got was a letter that was sent on the 30th of November and got here on the 26th of December.
    -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpatb)
    Haha, me tooo
    But saying that, I do have a genuine reason - All my university letters from the UK, so far, have taken 3-8 weeks to reach where I live (int he Middle East).

The quickest bit of post I got was a letter that was sent on the 30th of November and got here on the 26th of December.
    -_-
    ohh, that sucks. i haven't gotten any uni letters, only emails...
    well, best of luck with your application! let's hope it's good news in a few days!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink giggle)
    ohh, that sucks. i haven't gotten any uni letters, only emails...
    well, best of luck with your application! let's hope it's good news in a few days!
    Really?!
    Despite ticking the "I don't want any post, I only want stuff via email" box on my UCAS form, I'm still receiving post -_-
    It's lovely to get offer letters, but I just wish that the postal system here was more efficient.

Same to you! I see we've both applied to Christ's! Good luck to you too I hope that I'll be seeing you there in 10 months

ReputationRep:
    With just 5 days to go until we're supposed to receive letters from Cambridge, I was wondering if anybody who has already had a response in previous years from Cambridge - be it yes, no or pooled - would be kind enough to indulge me and describe the envelopes/letters?
    Thick or thin might be obvious, but were they big and brown, stuffed full of forms, or thin white foolscap envelopes?

Slightly sad, I realise, but still, I'd be interested to know

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    I do wonder if the dreaded thin letter is true. All my offer letters from other universities have been thin too though. I've got friends that were rejected from Oxford that mentioned the dreaded thin letter.

ReputationRep:
    Why would a rejection letter be thin, and an offer letter any thicker?? Unless they don't want to waste money on rejectees by using thick quality paper

ReputationRep:
    my offer letter from oxford was the thinnest tiniest envelope ever i know it's not the same but still x

ReputationRep:
    Offer letter from Clare College, Cambridge was 4 pages thick and stapled if I remember correctly (folded).

I would imagine a rejection would be a single sheet.

ReputationRep:
    my offer letter was one page of A4 folded in to 3 parts; about as small as it gets!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.am.lost)
    Offer letter from Clare College, Cambridge was 4 pages thick and stapled if I remember correctly (folded).

I would imagine a rejection would be a single sheet.
    I applied to Clare for PhysNatSci. I wish they'd hurry up with the damned single sheet. Waiting is really distracting.

ReputationRep:
    Do rejection and offer letters get sent at the same time, or are rejections 2nd class?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaturnineDragonfly)
    I applied to Clare for PhysNatSci. I wish they'd hurry up with the damned single sheet. Waiting is really distracting.
    hehe good luck, I hope I'll be seeing you around next year

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure every undergraduate hears at the same time, posted first class on the 5th to hopefully arrive on the 6th, regardless of whether they've been accepted or rejected.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuantumOverlord)
    Do rejection and offer letters get sent at the same time, or are rejections 2nd class?
    I think that they are all by first class post (but it might depend on the college as well!)

ReputationRep:
    Mine was three pages of A4, stapled and folded in thirds. I got an email as well, though.

Edit: Wtf?! Why has this been negged? I mean, it didn't actually have any effect, but someone seems to have a massive chip on their shoulder...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whiteo)
    I'm pretty sure every undergraduate hears at the same time, posted first class on the 5th to hopefully arrive on the 6th, regardless of whether they've been accepted or rejected.
    How much of Cambridge's annual overheads consists of posting and packaging, in January d'you reckon ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.