Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Told girl i like her and got this response... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjita21)
    "I really like you, but I like you as a friend. You are an awesome guy: incredibly smart and really funny, but for me just a perfect buddy "

Clearly, she does not feel the same way (which is fine!). I'm just wondering if anyone has been in a similar position and any advice. Is being friends possible?

Steve
    Consider yourself lucky! I haven't spoken to the last girl I told I liked her in about a year now.

ReputationRep:
    happens to me all the time mate, you seem to be dealing with it very well
    if you want to be friends with her then be friends with her but if you dont that's not necessarily a bad thing either

ReputationRep:
    You will get over her in time, at least she still likes you.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it's possible. My mate told me he likes our friend but when I said she has a boyfriend he was OK about it. We still hang out together.

The most standard response ever.

ReputationRep:
      "I really like you, but I like you as a friend. You are an awesome guy: incredibly smart and really funny, but for me just a perfect buddy "

Clearly, she does not feel the same way (which is fine!). I'm just wondering if anyone has been in a similar position and any advice. Is being friends possible?

Steve
      Who needs girls when you can have A*s??

ReputationRep:
      Of course it's possible.
      Though in my experience it's best not to talk much for a little while, give yourself time to get over it, and then get back to being friends.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Final Fantasy)
      It's typical. Read my sig.
      Great sig quote FF.

Many women like the unknown aspects of meeting someone unknown that they think might be their knight in shining armor. The unknown can allow their romantic feelings to build. It’s almost like a project to them.

Most young ladies are more concerned about what their friends think at the early stages of a relationship.

If her relationship is with an outsider, then her friends can only know what she’s willing to tell them. He of course will have no input as to what her friends think of the relationship and should a breakup occur her status as a member of the group will not be tarnished.

If it doesn’t work out then she can tell her friends that he was an ******* and they will all sympathize with her. On the other hand if the relationship is with a member of her social group and she’s calling him an ******* she will most likely lose credibility with at least some of those in her circle of friends.

It’s ironic in that if the relationship gets serious (think marriage), then that person must be her best friend.

Her ex best friends can then cry on TSR about how their very best friend with which they were so very close to abandoned them for some idiot.

Many great opportunities for great relationships are missed due to being friends.

ReputationRep:

Steve
      If you are matured enough, yes it is possible to be friends with her... Although I have not had such situations, I reckon if a girl told me that, I would just laugh at her, and afterward act neutral around her.....my definition of "neutral" means sometimes I might say hello to her or sometimes just totally ignore her or watever (depending on my mood)...I will just treat her as a regular person, I guess, and move on...

ReputationRep:
      God, threads like this piss me off.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.