Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it possible to reivse 6-10 hours a day? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    not possible!!
    depends if you can't breaks to within those hours...
    i doubt anyone manages 6hrs of proper revision unless its a last minute thing..

ReputationRep:
    Yeh but it's not worth it, because in that 10 hours you'll only be able to compute maybe 2-3 hours of it. The fact that you havn't revised yet might be an idication that you'd probably will be unable to revise for 10 hours a day straight. It's like never running a long distance, then trying the london marathon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manutd27)
    Hi

Got mocks coming up!!

Haven't revised yet!

Is it possible to reivse 6-10 hours a day? If so how?

I have 7 subjects to revise for.

What I was thinking of doing was if I did

From 9-2 do 40 minutes of work an hour = 240 minutes
    From 3-6 do 30 minutes of work an hour = 120 minutes
    From 7-9 do 20 minutes of work an hour = 60 minutes

Which equates to 420 mintutes = 7 hours. Will that work and is the reasnable?

Please help!

Thanks guys!
    Absolutely possible. I used to revise around 6 hours a day during my A Levels and it worked well. Just locked my room and put a 'Do not disturb' sign on the door and just revised in peace. I did 30min, followed by listening to music for 5min, 30min, followed by 15 minutes break. did this twice to make a set. This set I redid 3 times a day: before lunch, after lunch, and once before sleeping.

ReputationRep:
    It's definitely doable. Different people find different ways. I prefer the do it till it's done way but your method is fine if you stick to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amohamed146)
    it was a little excessive but i had to do it! competition for the course i want is just too high to take any chances! what u get?!?!
    at a-level? 3 A's lol. or gcse? 6 A*'s 3 A's. i'm a last minute girl but i always pull through!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuhlowey)
    at a-level? 3 A's lol. or gcse? 6 A*'s 3 A's. i'm a last minute girl but i always pull through!
    yeah well done! diff ppl have diff styles, i just didnt want to risk it, coz dentistry is what i reaaaallly want to do!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be contreversail and say REVISE!

I have been revising since day 1 of year 11 because I want straight A*s. Usually 2-3 hours a day, 4 days a week, with two timed english essays on weekends.

Had my mocks recently, and got 5A*s and 5As. Ofcourse people told me that was great, but I want to turn those As into A*s. I go to a state school - so people thought I was some kind of genius >_>

The thing that got me down was that NONE of my teachers went through exam technique with us (we only did one timed essay in english :/), so I was left to practise structure to awnsers and setting myself a good pace time-wise.

I failed to finish intime for English lang, business and RE (this exam was literally a minute per mark). Another danger is that you may become too complacent with subjects you're good at. For example, I am absolutely great at maths, so didn't bother to revise it. To my despair, I didn't know enough of the material to answer some of the questions in the paper which I could have know had I bothered to look at my book and got an A*

TLDR; revise, practise exam technique, and good luck

ReputationRep:
    I got two B's in my ISA's at GCSE so far, and i want to study medicine!!! I only have one last chance to try and get A* what should I do?? It contribute's towards 25% of overall Core science Gcse!!!! Heeeelp

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I do that as a minimum (4-6 hours) and I've done a few sixteen-hour days.

ReputationRep:
    A day?! I don't think I did that much revision in total.

ReputationRep:
    The point being, why would you want to do that much revision?

Unless you haven't listened in class or have a ridiculously poor memory, revising 6+ hours a day won't help you.

ReputationRep:
    I've never understood people who revise like this.. Especially becuase it's only mocks, calm down.
    Just spend maybe 30 minutes on one subject, and then when you get bored of that, have a break and start to revise another.
    If you revise how you're suggesting, you'll get bored and not focus and not a lot will sink in.

ReputationRep:
    ofc it is!
    for my real A2 june exams i used to revise ages, like 14 hours a day and one day i did 22 hours!!!!
    Hii
    remember me??
    How is your application going?

ReputationRep:
    lol you wont remember it all! then you'll forget everything... I revised like 3 hours a day and everyone takes the mick out of me lol

ReputationRep:
    umm i dont think you should over load
    try doing 30 minutes and then a break

ReputationRep:
    ofc it is!
    for my real A2 june exams i used to revise ages, like 14 hours a day and one day i did 22 hours!!!!
    And yet, you only got AAA.

If I hadn't had a migraine during one of my exams, I'd have got AAA ... and I can tell you, I didn't do anything like that amount of revision a day.

ReputationRep:
    hahahahaha you nerd, just wing it and go out drinking/smoking/take drugs/shag, with your mates

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.