Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

People who smoke + have tattoos/piercings are most promiscuous Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ithoughtofthis)
    You can swim better than I ...
    Yeah but I called heads and heads always wins ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Helix (cartilage) piercing

I ABSOLUTELY love it! Apart from cannot sleep on left hand side now *grrr*

Going to get a few more on cartilage too (hopefully soon so they all heal around the same time!)
    Nice
    Good luck getting to sleep though! This is why I'll never get my ears re-pierced :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe us people with Tats,piercings, and smoke are cooler than the rest of you lulz.

Nah but WTF is with stereotyping these days I have a piercing and I hate clubs cos of the people your forced to be next to I personally want to stab and usually someone has BO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwsomePossum)
    Maybe us people with Tats,piercings, and smoke are cooler than the rest of you lulz.

Nah but WTF is with stereotyping these days I have a piercing and I hate clubs cos of the people your forced to be next to I personally want to stab and usually someone has BO
    Ha! This really made me laugh. But yeah, tattoos, piercings, smoking ftw..nuff said.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mm_Minty)
    Nice
    Good luck getting to sleep though! This is why I'll never get my ears re-pierced :rofl:
    It's fine cos I can sleep on my right hand side, but then quite often I woke up on my left hand side in paiiiiiin!

ReputationRep:
    The only person I know who has both a tattoo and also smokes is the very opposite of this.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't make the fact that smoking+tatoos = FUGLY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hachi)
    Except get tattooed underage?
    I know, I'm rivalling Miss Hilton at the moment with my badassness!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cynthi007)
    Oh my God, what did your parents say? In Germany nobody would ever pierce or tattoo a teenager without parental permission.
    LOL Totally different here, most of my friends have got piercings abd tattos and they're underage or they got them done when they were.

And my parents were fine, why wouldn't they be? It doesn't really affect them or really harm me (other than the needle lol!)? :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by renlok)
    Sorry no relevant to the thread also may be person but what is a Pansexual?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansexuality

I'm glad someone is interested in me lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sternumator)
    I just had to come in to back up OP because I cannot believe the stupidity of this comment. OP is just putting forward an idea that there may be a correlation between tattoos, smoking and promiscuity. Yes he is generalising but that is fine. It is a resonable comment that americans are on average fatter than from other parts of the world, that there are more ginger people in scotland than the rest of the world, that more haggis is eaten in scotland than England. There is nothing wrong with making generalised comments
    You have altered the sentences I wrote though.
    The title of the thread is 'people who smoke + have tattoos/piercings are most promiscuous'

which is no less of a stupid comment than the ones I made.

The choices one makes about their health and their appearance doesnt really correlate to their sex lives. I have been deeply involved with punk rock since my preteens, which is full of people fitting the stereotype of 'promiscuous tattooed smoker', yet I have only had sex a handful of occasions, and am generally not bothered about scoring with the opposite sex in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGardener)
    You have altered the sentences I wrote though.
    The title of the thread is 'people who smoke + have tattoos/piercings are most promiscuous'

which is no less of a stupid comment than the ones I made.

The choices one makes about their health and their appearance doesnt really correlate to their sex lives. I have been deeply involved with punk rock since my preteens, which is full of people fitting the stereotype of 'promiscuous tattooed smoker', yet I have only had sex a handful of occasions, and am generally not bothered about scoring with the opposite sex in the slightest.
    I altered the sentences you wrote to the equvilent sentence to this thread, so you can see how a generalised comment is not stupid.

The title is less stupid because it is a general comment. 'people who smoke + have tattoos/piercings are most promiscuous' =/= everybody who smokes and has tattoos are always promiscuous, he is just saying there may be a link. I don't no how much of a link there is but if we looked at some statistical evidence I think there could be some correlation there.

ReputationRep:
    i have 9 piercings........... jee thanks how nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sternumator)
    I altered the sentences you wrote to the equvilent sentence to this thread, so you can see how a generalised comment is not stupid.

The title is less stupid because it is a general comment. 'people who smoke + have tattoos/piercings are most promiscuous' =/= everybody who smokes and has tattoos are always promiscuous, he is just saying there may be a link. I don't no how much of a link there is but if we looked at some statistical evidence I think there could be some correlation there.
    The title of the thread is implying that pierced, tattooed smokers are the most promiscuous, er, group in society. the clue is in the word 'MOST'. not 'more,' MOST.

for argument's sake, let's assume that tattooed, pierced smokers constitute a minority of the population. I think it would be safe to assume that there are less people fitting the above criteria than, for want of a better word, 'normal' people. What about people that seem to devote themselves to becoming more appealing to the opposite sex? People that go to the gym, wear expensive perfume and designer labels and have fashionable haircuts, that aren't in long-term relationships. Your typical clubber. They might choose to have a few tattoos/piercings, they might smoke. These things are not uncommon in society. Who's to say that this type of person is any less promiscuous than the aforementioned? Given that there seems to be an endless supply of this type of person in every town centre on a friday night, and that I'm not seeing heavily tattooed/pierced people getting off with each other every time I'm in a club, I put it to you that THIS type of person could well be 'MOST' promiscuous.

ReputationRep:
    OP how ignorant can you get, is there any point of this thread, if you're actually being serious...

Firstly some people wear piercings for religious reasons, take Asians who have nose rings for e.g. and African tribes who extend their ear lobes, even Aztecs used to get extended ear lobes and piercings.

Secondly, I think piercings and tattoos are quite significantly depending on different sub-cultures but can pretty much be for any type of person. E.g. grungy/ punk/ gothic/ some indie people but also mods/ somewhat chavvy/ streetwise/ urban people. Despite what music people listen to and what clothes they wear, it is pretty much signifying a similar thing especially in youth, exploring oneself.

Rnb, hiphop, grime etc music like heavy metal, punk, electronica etc can still be portraying a similar feeling of sex, drugs, rock and roll or having a good ****ing time and trying to be different from the crowd. So to conclude piercings and tattoos are a way of expressing oneself, you won't know what the person is like unless you actually KNOW them ffs. Talk about judging people by the ****ing cover...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Oh my goodness, I got a new piercing on Saturday, I got with a guy on Tuesday, the two MUST be linked :rolleyes:
    Hmm based on your experience I better get a prince albert...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wtfCharlie)
    LOL Totally different here, most of my friends have got piercings abd tattos and they're underage or they got them done when they were.

And my parents were fine, why wouldn't they be? It doesn't really affect them or really harm me (other than the needle lol!)? :L
    ok. interesting to know. thanks for telling me.

but you are right. it is not their cup of tea and you have to live with the consequences. maybe an "I love Al" sailormen tattoos or god knows what....

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.