Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bargain Present!Soap and Glory at Boots Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mujeriego)
    Thanks. I have a massive Lush hamper at home but the S&G website has seduced me. The packaging is certainly better than Lush's crappy black pots!
    Lol it seems to me that S&G is more commercial skincare while Lush have a general toiletries range if you understand what I mean, like S&G have scrubs and butters and moisturising mists while Lush is shower gel/soap bar and scrubs with 'relaxation' others like jellies/bombs. Also it seems like S&G sell on being things that are active - like lip gloss that pumps your lips while Lush is about smelling nice? Not that one doesnt do the other but they are selling on those bases.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    Lol it seems to me that S&G is more commercial skincare while Lush have a general toiletries range if you understand what I mean, like S&G have scrubs and butters and moisturising mists while Lush is shower gel/soap bar and scrubs with 'relaxation' others like jellies/bombs. Also it seems like S&G sell on being things that are active - like lip gloss that pumps your lips while Lush is about smelling nice? Not that one doesnt do the other but they are selling on those bases.
    Things that smell nice? Have you smelt their Brimstone scrub? :lolwut:

It is a really good if harsh exfoliator though. Have you tried S&G personally? I tried Cupcake, Love Lettuce, the lip scrub and some lemony oil bar from Lush and all of them have worked nicely for me. I just don't like rushing through the face packs because they go off quickly but that's about it really. What do you mean by "active"?

Sorry for the incessant questions but I have so many impulse purchases it's unreal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mujeriego)
    Things that smell nice? Have you smelt their Brimstone scrub? :lolwut:

It is a really good if harsh exfoliator though. Have you tried S&G personally? I tried Cupcake, Love Lettuce, the lip scrub and some lemony oil bar from Lush and all of them have worked nicely for me. I just don't like rushing through the face packs because they go off quickly but that's about it really. What do you mean by "active"?

Sorry for the incessant questions but I have so many impulse purchases it's unreal.
    Not yet, mine arrived yesterday so will use S&G soon, Im just going off so many good reviews on Boots, MSE and magazines. I mean they sell things on what they do like 'Flake Away' - 'Want to put the bumps on your body to bed? Use Soap & Glory Flake Away® a spa-strength dry skin body polish'.

And from the link i gave you and Lush website/stores/boots they are forever on about the smell, the names and descriptions too.

ReputationRep:
    They had another shipment online from 2am-8am this morning.

ReputationRep:
    I've asked my sister to get me this for xmas. I missed out on the hatbox last year!

ReputationRep:
    I spent all of yesterday afternoon phoning around the Boots in South London to send my boyfriend out to get me one, and in the end someone messaged me from the S&G page to offer me one they'd bought but were going to return.

I may have potentially gotten my boyfriend killed, but I have my gift!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    I spent all of yesterday afternoon phoning around the Boots in South London to send my boyfriend out to get me one, and in the end someone messaged me from the S&G page to offer me one they'd bought but were going to return.

I may have potentially gotten my boyfriend killed, but I have my gift!
    :rofl: brilliant.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.