Announcements

ReputationRep:
    some dvds and a t.m lewin shirt !
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    2 bottles of whisky

ReputationRep:
    He saw a clock in Matalan he wants for his kitchen so bought it and told me it's my Christmas present to him if I just give him the money. How special...

ReputationRep:
    Got him a lambswool scarf. I splashed out this year, cos I'm boss like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cutiek8i)
    I'm getting him a best of Norman Wisdom DVD and some Brut aftershave - used to use it in his younger years so thought It'd make a nice reminiscing gift! :p:
    Haha your mum might throttle you- all the girls used to hate brut aftershave it was dreadful:eek:

ReputationRep:
    This + a few other bits and pieces.

ReputationRep:
    I'll give him a few combos if I see him

ReputationRep:
    Got him a coat. He'd wear the same coat for 20 years if it wasn't for birthdays and Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cutiek8i)
    I'm getting him a best of Norman Wisdom DVD and some Brut aftershave - used to use it in his younger years so thought It'd make a nice reminiscing gift! :p:
    Actually i do think this is brilliant: your parents are going to be very amused. Brut...oh no...Brut....you have no idea how much it was dreaded at discos and how popular it was!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freud)
    Some headphones that when you wear them they look like Frankenstein's monster's bolts, a katana letter opener and some Japanese sweets.
    That sounds awesome! Where from? (for me)

ReputationRep:
    http://www.brennan.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    my dad really likes monkeys and only drinks tea/coffee at home so iv bought him a mug in the shape of a monkey with banana sweets in it from bhs. my sister has bought him sex and drugs and rock & roll on dvd.

ReputationRep:
    I've got my dad some Prada aftershave, Parkinsons book, Morcambe & Wise DVD Xmas Special because every year he moan Christmas isn't the same without Morcambe & Wise! A cardigan, a Phil Collins CD and an Oor Wullie annual.

I like to spoil my family, they do so much for me and I'm a big daddys girl <3

ReputationRep:
    Playboy mag, bottle of whiskey and some new socks.

Perfect gift for any father.

Ooh, I'm thinking the James Bond complete collection on DVD.

ReputationRep:
    i have the same problem every year!
    my dad doesn't wear aftershave, won't let me buy him socks, gets all his books from the library, isn't into fancy food and is just generally fussy. he always says 'nothing' to when i ask him what he wants. he bought himself a charger for the car (what a thrill). what do i get the pickiest person ever?

ReputationRep:
    What i've got for my Dad.......

Clothes
    DVDs
    CDs
    Phone
    Aftershave
    Deodrants
    Slippers
    PJ
    Dressing Gown
    Calendar
    Money
    Baileys

Maybe that list may help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mummyperson)
    Actually i do think this is brilliant: your parents are going to be very amused. Brut...oh no...Brut....you have no idea how much it was dreaded at discos and how popular it was!!!!
    haha I look forward to their response then :p:

ReputationRep:
    Jeremy Clarkson DVD and book probably.

I may also buy him a larger tank for a KTM 300EXC for when he does enduro races... But that's over £100 so will only do that if i can team up with others...

ReputationRep:
    An RC helicopter, a proper hobby one, i got him one of the cheaper toy ones last year and he loved it.

My dad's easy to buy for, anything gadget related :P

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.