Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NigerianStudent)
    Listen most white people have never been attacked by a black person. Never been evicted by a black person. Never had your security deposit ripped off by a black landlord. Never had a black landlord. Never had a black person deny you a bank loan and you've never heard a black person say ‘We’re going to eliminate ten thousand jobs today. Have a nice day" Every mean word, every cruel act, every bit of pain and suffering in your life has most likely had a caucasian face attached to it and I think many white people could make the same claim.
    I've been attacked by complete strangers on numerous occasions, had my phone stolen, been threatened with violence, and each time I've been attacked, the aggressors were black males.

I'm not racist, far from it. But there was no denying that the 3 guys who threatened to stab me for being in their 'ends' were black. There's no denying that the guy who started on me for making eye contact with him was black.

Don't you think think it's a little hypocritical that you made such a point about blame shifting, and now you're saying, rather than black people causing pain and suffering, it's white people? Sounds alot like blame shifting to me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by najinaji)
    Unfortunately, what I'm saying is true.

You won't believe the number of times I've heard black students at my school saying things that are frankly rather shocking. One student, after being asked about having stolen something from somewhere, said "Of course I did, I'm black".

I think the state that many African countries are in at the moment also adds to the problem. You can't deny the massive difference between Zimbabwe and the UK, for example.
    Darling, I don't know where in the UK you are however I can convince you where I am , blacks don't care about whites or feel inferior to them. In fact most don't acknowledge them.

I'm mixed race so have been able to see the world through both eyes. In the ghetto most black people just hate whites lol and if you're the only white boy in the class or whatever you're PISSED. They aren't jealous of them or anything they simply hate them and call them names like 'pigs' 'pasty' etc.

These types of blacks hate whites because they see them as racists so they don't bother to try and even forge a relationship with them.

I think where you will find a black person who wishes they were white is when you go to a place whereby that person is the only or one of the few black people e.g the only black boy in that hall etc.

Because in that scenario the black person is 'different' or the 'odd one out' same as a white boy in an all ethnic school. In a mainly white school he wouldn't be aware of his race as much.

I think it's important to get rid of the delusional fantasy that black people want to be white. Go into main black culture and music and observe and listen you'll find it's the opposite.

Some blacks are genuinely disgusted by whites and just refuse to get over slavery so pretend they are no there.

You can imagine how a muslim suicide bomber just really doesn't like or admire anything white AT ALL. ALOT of black people are like that too.

My mother is black and my dad is white and my dad often says marrying my mother has opened his eyes to a lot of things.

Guys, google 'abagond' he is a harvard professor who goes DEEPLY into racial issues from black, white to asian and latino.

Very insightful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen)
    Darling, I don't know where in the UK you are however I can convince you where I am , blacks don't care about whites or feel inferior to them. In fact most don't acknowledge them.

I'm mixed race so have been able to see the world through both eyes. In the ghetto most black people just hate whites lol and if you're the only white boy in the class or whatever you're PISSED. They aren't jealous of them or anything they simply hate them and call them names like 'pigs' 'pasty' etc.

These types of blacks hate whites because they see them as racists so they don't bother to try and even forge a relationship with them.

I think where you will find a black person who wishes they were white is when you go to a place whereby that person is the only or one of the few black people e.g the only black boy in that hall etc.

Because in that scenario the black person is 'different' or the 'odd one out' same as a white boy in an all ethnic school. In a mainly white school he wouldn't be aware of his race as much.

I think it's important to get rid of the delusional fantasy that black people want to be white. Go into main black culture and music and observe and listen you'll find it's the opposite.

Some blacks are genuinely disgusted by whites and just refuse to get over slavery so pretend they are no there.

You can imagine how a muslim suicide bomber just really doesn't like or admire anything white AT ALL. ALOT of black people are like that too.

My mother is black and my dad is white and my dad often says marrying my mother has opened his eyes to a lot of things.

Guys, google 'abagond' he is a harvard professor who goes DEEPLY into racial issues from black, white to asian and latino.

Very insightful.
    Gosh.

Many people call where I live a bit of a craphole, but most of the kids I see aren't racist...

Btw, when I talk about the 'black inferiority' thing, this is more in comparison to the white, more middle class children.

ReputationRep:
    White people stem from black people originally so maybe that supposed to make you feel better?
    But yes there is racism but it goes both sides although black people are more victimised!

ReputationRep:
    You know what, we are all one race: HUMAN.

ReputationRep:
    Gosh.

Many people call where I live a bit of a craphole, but most of the kids I see aren't racist...

Btw, when I talk about the 'black inferiority' thing, this is more in comparison to the white, more middle class children.
    I would like for you to address my post in the last page on discrimination in the workplace

http://www.careerenergy.co.uk/career...discrimination

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lovely88)
    White people stem from black people originally so maybe that supposed to make you feel better?
    But yes there is racism but it goes both sides although black people are more victimised!
    And humans all stem from primates, should I go into a zoo feeling better too?

Come on...

ReputationRep:
    Gosh.

There is a huge difference between how ghetto black people perceive white people and how middle class educated blacks perceive white people.

And I'm sure where I live and my life experiences will vary to your own. My black family who live in New York have strong racial views and I'm often :eek: when I go to the states.

Being mixed race has allowed me to see things both ways.

Sidenote : make sure you visit http://abagond.wordpress.com/ AMAZING information on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justin Hammer)
    I would like for you to address my post in the last page on discrimination in the workplace

http://www.careerenergy.co.uk/career...discrimination
    Good for you, dear.

I don't deny that some white Britons are racist, but I am not going to say that all or most are. I would never make excuses for racist behaviour, but I don't agree with people trying to address every ethnicity-related issue by saying "whites are racist".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justin Hammer)
    And humans all stem from primates, should I go into a zoo feeling better too?

Come on...
    It depends on what you believe, remember the Darwin theory is just a THEORY!
    I believe G-D created humankind and we do not stem from apes.

ReputationRep:
    There is a huge difference between how ghetto black people perceive white people and how middle class educated blacks perceive white people.

And I'm sure where I live and my life experiences will vary to your own. My black family who live in New York have strong racial views and I'm often :eek: when I go to the states.

Being mixed race has allowed me to see things both ways.

Sidenote : make sure you visit http://abagond.wordpress.com/ AMAZING information on here.
    I'm mixed-race too, just for the sake of saying so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lovely88)
    It depends on what you believe, remember the Darwin theory is just a THEORY!
    I believe G-D created humankind and we do not stem from apes.
    Yeah, I take it you believe the world is 6000 years old too right?

Yeah Darwinism is indeed just theory and not fact however I will take its plausibility rather than the nonsense written in the so called "book of god".

ReputationRep:
    I'm mixed-race too, just for the sake of saying so...
    Really ? and you believe in black inferiority ? My mother is my black parent and she has extremely high self esteem as well as gaining success in the medical field and from a young age has eliminated all thoughts of a possible inferiority to me.

Where have you gathered these assumptions from?

From my understanding and through reading the studies of people who have PHD's in things such as African American studies. I think the media tells black people they should feel inferior, they project all these stereotypes and images so if you were to focus on the media you would naturally think there is an inferiority complex or black people MUST feel they're inferior. They have images trying to tell them that every single day.

However one on one they don't. Particularly black people who live in all black environments.

The black people who live in mainly white communities who don't have a strong sense of self are a lot more likely to buy into the media's perception of 'black inferiority '

ReputationRep:
    Good for you, dear.

I don't deny that some white Britons are racist, but I am not going to say that all or most are. I would never make excuses for racist behaviour, but I don't agree with people trying to address every ethnicity-related issue by saying "whites are racist".
    I dont even believe its some. Regardless it does not matter, what matter is that the IMPORTANT people discriminate. Yeah no one really cares of jimmy english from dagenham has a thing against is indian neighbours however when Mr/Mrs recruitment consultant doesnt want to hire me because of my african name then when have a serious societal problem. Unemployment contributing to poverty which contributes to crime, dependence on the state and socio economic underdevelopment.

ReputationRep:
    Every single race has a stereotype. Not neccessarily the same stereotype by all races. But its natural that people stereotype others.

The stereotype people are given may indicate that the group is a threat or valuable.

I agree there is a fair amount of racism towards black people.

BUT

Black people can also have negative stereotypes towards white people as demonstrated by the OP wether you like to admit it or not.

If you care about race so much would you fight for muslims who were being condemned while black people were seen as superior. No because it doesnt value you that much.

I am half turkish, half english. I have never felt fully english or fully turkish. I have experienced a lot of racism by both BLACK people and ENGLISH people. Even Muslims or middle easterners see me as white.

Such is life

ReputationRep:
    Really ? and you believe in black inferiority ? My mother is my black parent and she has extremely high self esteem as well as gaining success in the medical field and from a young age has eliminated all thoughts of a possible inferiority to me.

Where have you gathered these assumptions from?

From my understanding and through reading the studies of people who have PHD's in things such as African American studies. I think the media tells black people they should feel inferior, they project all these stereotypes and images so if you were to focus on the media you would naturally think there is an inferiority complex or black people MUST feel they're inferior. They have images trying to tell them that every single day.

However one on one they don't. Particularly black people who live in all black environments.

The black people who live in mainly white communities who don't have a strong sense of self are a lot more likely to buy into the media's perception of 'black inferiority '
    I see it quite a bit where I live.

I suppose it depends on the particular area. Obviously where you live is drastically different. I am only drawing from my own experiences, after all.

ReputationRep:
    Every single race has a stereotype. Not neccessarily the same stereotype by all races. But its natural that people stereotype others.

The stereotype people are given may indicate that the group is a threat or valuable.

I agree there is a fair amount of racism towards black people.

BUT

Black people can also have negative stereotypes towards white people as demonstrated by the OP wether you like to admit it or not.

If you care about race so much would you fight for muslims who were being condemned while black people were seen as superior. No because it doesnt value you that much.

I am half turkish, half english. I have never felt fully english or fully turkish. I have experienced a lot of racism by both BLACK people and ENGLISH people. Even Muslims or middle easterners see me as white. Ive also had friends from both groups.

My advice is to live your life without the belief that other people dont like you because of your race or that your race hinders your ability to suceed.

Because beliefs are just beliefs and shape your reality.

When I was young. i always thought black people were given MORE respect than white people, all the black kids were seen as cool because TV said so and white guys were GEEKY and BORING. Isnt this another stereotype. Just be you

ReputationRep:
    oh and ethnic minority groups live in ghettos. I spent 5 months unemployed. 5 MONTHS. I looked for a job harder than anyone I knew, every single day, even when there were no jobs to choose from. I had a ****ty job in chaqrity fundraising but never got any other interviews for a proper job that didnt require commision.

Then I went from London to Exeter within a week I had three interviews for sainsburys, holiday inn, betterware, burger king. I now have a job. AFTER 2 WEEKS. I go into work and girls are crying because they think that work is difficult yeah it is kind of but you actually GET PAID. You actually have a job.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.