Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What Are These Girl's Styles Called? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunty64)
    yeah, I get that given that her use of a bag increased the sales of that particular style/brand...

but the style (satchel) is traditionally a preppy style, or is it not?
    Yup, satchels are definitely preppy, or vintage preppy if they're vintage.
    Absolutely love satchels :love:
    Btw, you seem to know a lot about fashion for a guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Le Masquerador.)
    I think I was a fashionista in a different life

ReputationRep:
    I think I was a fashionista in a different life
    Haha, very jelous

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I get that given that her use of a bag increased the sales of that particular style/brand...

but the style (satchel) is traditionally a preppy style, or is it not?
    I'd say it's just the vintage / indie style. Definitely Lookbook. preppy? dunno.
    But it's not "her use of a bag increased the sales of that particular style/brand...", it's because that first girl's bag, it's name is actually Alexa. Mulberry named it after Chung.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lalaberlin)
    I'd say it's just the vintage / indie style. Definitely Lookbook. preppy? dunno.
    But it's not "her use of a bag increased the sales of that particular style/brand...", it's because that first girl's bag, it's name is actually Alexa. Mulberry named it after Chung.
    Yeah the satchel is not a new style so has "vintage" root.... Isn't labelling the satchel as indie style not dependant on the type of satchel (ie the leather made from, detailing etc)...

so was it designed for her in mind.... Was she obliged to promote it? (ie contracted) or did she inadvertantly make it fashionable

not looking for debate, just interested!

btw I meant preppy in the english sense... (preppy is an american term, so what would the english version be?)

ReputationRep:
    i call it hipster.
    my friend would call it "norm"

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the satchel is not a new style so has "vintage" root.... Isn't labelling the satchel as indie style not dependant on the type of satchel (ie the leather made from, detailing etc)...

so was it designed for her in mind.... Was she obliged to promote it? (ie contracted) or did she inadvertantly make it fashionable

not looking for debate, just interested!

btw I meant preppy in the english sense... (preppy is an american term, so what would the english version be?)

True well the official version is that Mulberry designed the bag in honour of the It-girl Alexa Chung, because she has a great style blabla.. but she wasn't obliged to promote it.. However, I wouldn't mind carrying a bag which is that beautiful and named after myself

ReputationRep:
    Surprising that so many people are hating on the last girl's outfit, I actually like it the best out of the 4 lol. The blazer is a bit too long, but other than that, it's simple, trendy and very classic.
    The first style is great, but a little generic and boring. The second one I don't like at all, it's too 'wannabe' rocker in my opinion. The third is really pretty, not my style, but very pretty and vintage and I like the ankle boots that sort of toughen up the floaty dress.
    But yeah, my favourite would have to be the fourth one

ReputationRep:
    Topshop

ReputationRep:
    indie and preppy

ReputationRep:
    Wannabe indie, and quite boring really.

ReputationRep:
    pretentious.....

ReputationRep:
    If I had to give it a style, I would say 'blogger style'; but really they are just clothes to me, not that stereotypical, just interesting enough to photograph.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Le Masquerador.)
    :teehee:

(Original post by Coy Girl)
    If I had to give it a style, I would say 'blogger style'; but really they are just clothes to me, not that stereotypical, just interesting enough to photograph.

(Original post by schisthappens)
    pretentious.....

(Original post by sarahthegemini)
    Wannabe indie, and quite boring really.
    U mad? The second girl would get it so hard

ReputationRep:
    the first one is sort of abercrombie and fitch (if you wanna shop for stuff like that)
    or maybe hollister/jack wills? x

ReputationRep:
    the kind of style that all college girls think is unique and stylish, yet really everyone dresses like that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.