Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj-92)
    What language would you most like to learn and why?
    Arabic!

ReputationRep:
    Italian, russian, mandarin, spanish... too many!

ReputationRep:
    Japanese

ReputationRep:
    Japanese! i'm currently learning to speak it and have been doing so for the past 2 years...mainly due to my love for all things japanese, but also because I decided that when I'm a fifth year in medical school (that is, praying that i actually get in this year Wish me luck, guys!) I want to do my Elective in Japan! :dance:

ReputationRep:
    German.

ReputationRep:
    Italian.

ReputationRep:
    Japanese and Russian

ReputationRep:
    Italian

ReputationRep:
    Arabic.Im studying Arabic at university but its a hard language to learn but hopefully ill get there eventually

ReputationRep:
    Occam.

Hurrhurrhurrrrrr

ReputationRep:
    italian and spanish - love them and they are so similar to french

ReputationRep:
    ooh and gailic ( i know ive spelt that wrong)

ReputationRep:
    French. So much culture I'm missing out on

ReputationRep:
    French. I can't speak it fluently although I do understand it. And Spanish. Gotta love Spanish!

ReputationRep:
    Danish

ReputationRep:
    Ignorance dicates that i don't want to learn any new languages, but truly master the language i was, for whatever reason, brought up to speak and that is English.

ReputationRep:
    I'm already learning French and German, but the language that I'm most passionate about and interested in mastering is definitely German (ironic considering I live in France ). In terms of new languages, then either Russian, because I'm really interested in their history and literature (and vodka ) or Dutch, because I like Belgium and the Netherlands and being able to communicate with the locals would be cool. Would be useful for when trying to get a job with the EU too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ptrsoos)
    Malay. I am fascinated by their culture and would love to go there and explore it and talk to the local people.
    M-M-Malay? :nooo: I honestly do not admire the Malay accent though, especially the one found in KL. Oh, and if you mean local people as in Malaysians, not everyone communicates in Malay.

to the OP: I'm staying firm to Japanese and Russian. I love the sound of both of them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reelo)
    Japanese! i'm currently learning to speak it and have been doing so for the past 2 years...mainly due to my love for all things japanese, but also because I decided that when I'm a fifth year in medical school (that is, praying that i actually get in this year Wish me luck, guys!) I want to do my Elective in Japan! :dance:
    Ganbare! Japanese is a fantastic language to learn and I wish I spoke it well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asparkyn)
    Ganbare! Japanese is a fantastic language to learn and I wish I spoke it well
    Arigato gozaimasu! It really is a fantastic language, and i'm sure you're just being modest

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.