Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ordered wellie warmers on 1st Decembe. Not arrived. could have used them in this snow though! :snowm:

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I'm waiting on four items, my family are waiting for more. Think the trees going to be pretty empty this year. Oops. Mine says they've been dispatched [on the 17th] I think, first class delivery with city link. Estimated delivery...today. Nothing. I had a parcel come through from John Lewis this morning though.

ReputationRep:
    My mum's waiting for something from Amazon for my Xmas

ReputationRep:
    I ordered my SteelSeries QCK+ and MX518 from amazon on the 18th and I recieved it today (Used the Super Saver Delivery!)
    Really Happy with the delivery time considering all this snow

ReputationRep:
    Ordered 9 items on the 6 Dec- 4 items that came from independent sellers arrived 2 days later but the amazon stuff is still 'being dispatched' it's tracked in at Swansea on the 9th Dec so who knows where it is now

ReputationRep:
    I've ordered some things from eBay that are taking a long time to arrive. Things from the UK are taking about a week to delivery( A 24 hour delivery ended up taking 1.5 weeks as the courier didn't pick up due to snow) I've had items from China arriving in 6 weeks!-Just in time, before I would initiate a PayPal dispute, though I will initiate one now as something from China hasn't came in 44 days and I've asked for a full refund and not for the product(I've since seen its £2 more expensive in the UK lol)

I tend to use eBay, as it's normally cheaper than Amazon, but certain things are not. A 6500 classic that I bought from a seller hasn't been dispatched yet, as their post office was shut due to snow(Swansea, South Wales) It's only expected really.

ReputationRep:
    A parcel arrived about an hour ago :s It's snowy and normal post can't get throught, but amazon did at 6pm

ReputationRep:
    hey my order was meant to come last weds- friday but because of weather and stuff it got delayed and it came yesterday so i think its just the need to be patient it'll probably come a couple of days later than expected :P But as its nearly christmas i dealt much deliveries will be taking place so you may have to wait extra?! Hopefully that wont be the case, all the best
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    No longer waiting for Amazon :jive: Just one more now, this one from Play...

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe some people have been waiting since late November...

I'm leaving my student accommodation tomorrow and won't be coming back until the 6th January. Knowing my luck they'll come on the 23rd. :rolleyes: If the items are returned to sender do I automatically get refunded?

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting for something I paid first class post for around two weeks ago that was estimated to arrive today. No sign of anything.

I'm also waiting for a parcel I arranged for the post office to redeliver and I have no idea if the redelivery order went through, meaning I have to go up to the post office tomorrow to check (as they only hold parcels for a week before they get sent back).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilyking)
    my order is roughly a week over due, it was estimated for 16th Dec stupid snow
    It's silly isn't it! I've had to order a couple of other things a few weeks after I ordered mine and all the other stuff is here and I have the slightest clue where my order is!

(Original post by fran.ha)
    By email.

Got a pretty good reply, at least it answered my questions :erm: Probably slightly automated but it answered all my questions.
    The email I got last basically said that due to snow things are held up about 5 working days, to me that's fine, but I've been waiting for about 3 weeks! And the rest of it was how to get a refund, so not very useful imo.

(Original post by mxcs)
    My boyfriend's mummy ordered something from Amazon at the beginning of December which took about three weeks to travel from the Scottish distribution centre to the north-west one a few days ago. Today we checked again and it's down to the Dorset one now

Might be the snow being severely different across the country so could be a case of simply being patient. Depending on what you ordered, there may be a wayto track your purchase online.
    The stuff I ordered were DVDs for Christmas presents, neither are able to track :/

(Original post by Maloney)
    You should call your local postal sorting office. It may have just been delivered but Royal Mail havent been able to deliver it. you could pick it up if it comes to it?
    How do I find out where my postal sorting office is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mega Nerd)

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...diaId=70300707

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mega Nerd)

You can google your town + sorting office. You could also ring Royal Mail if you wish

Scrap that. Someone's already provided a link

ReputationRep:
    Rogue seller?
    I ordered 2 things in November, from 2 different sellers, and got both in good time.

ReputationRep:
    Amazon's really slow lately. Ordered Christmas presents from them and used Amazon Prime last week. Still, nothing!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm waiting for xmas presents I ordered for my family :mad:

Not sure what to do if they don't come

ReputationRep:
    Ordered To the Lighthouse by V Woolf, not for christmas but just for myself. I mean, I know I chose Super Saver Delivery, but this is just ridiculous!

ReputationRep:
    Chaps calm down! The backlog on Amazon and Royal Mail items is amazingly huge this time of year and most posties try their best in these severe weather conditions to get your parcel safely to you. But you also have to take into account that Royal Mail's modernisation plan has meant that it is employing part-time and short term postman which means that some of these postman will try to nick a few parcels! But allow atleast 14 working days from date of purchase and then you can be sure that the parcel has been lost.

ReputationRep:
    It is all getting a bit frustrating.

I cannot track my Play.com parcel at all, but it was sent over 8 days ago.

The Amazon parcels sent to my Mum seem to have got stuck somewhere. One is in the 'north west distribution centre' and have been there for a week! Literally, a week! The other is stuck in Droitwich, having taken 5 days to get from Amazon to Droitwich. Something tells me these things won't be arriving in time for Christmas.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.