Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How did you and your current boyfriend/girlfriend or most recent ex get together? Watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team

First time I met her at work and eventually got together, only to break up 3 years later and not speak until 2 years later I saw her in Vancouver while on Holiday (not planned) and when she came home a year later got back together this summer just gone.

ReputationRep:
    Got a PM on here which then turned into a conversation which lasted months and months. It turned out that we lived really close, so we met up lots. Eventually he asked me out

ReputationRep:
    Originally at work, masses of flirting, then he moved to day shifts (i was part time nights) and eventually a different job so didn't see or hear from him much, then a couple months later he asked me to go for a drink and then a few more meetings later we were coupled.

This time around, we started hanging out a lot more regularly then we went to Leeds festival together, and saw a whole lot more of each other, he told me he still loved me and he missed me and then a little while after we decided to give it another shot.

ReputationRep:
    We met at a gig. My band and his band were playing that night...and we spent most of the night talking about music and just getting to know each other. We became best friends, and went to many more gigs

Then a couple of months later we met up at one...and we kept flirting all night but didn't kiss or hold hands or anything. All his band mates knew that he liked me, and kept teasing him about it. He was too shy to say anything though. On my way home I thought I'd ruined it. He texted me and the conversation went pretty much like this...

Him: You were so weird tonight! Whats up with you?
    Me: *thinking, I've screwed this up, I may as well just come out with it...* Umm, I like you. More than the friend way. I'm sorry if thats a problem.
    Him: Oh...
    Me: I'm so sorry, I've messed things up haven't I?
    Him: ..No, I just didn't think a girl like you would want me. I've liked you for ages but I haven't been able to say it. Did you want to see how we go?
    Me: Yesss!

Now 2 years and a bit on and we're really happy, never really argued or anything.

(Original post by skinny-minnie)
    Met him at uni, liked him, he then got a girlfriend, he then left her when he realised he liked me. Feel sorry for her but i'm so happy for me.
    Karma, my friend.

ReputationRep:
    Recent ex: Met in a local pub when she sat next to me when I went out for a smoke.

Moral of the story: Don't be so cavalier about temporary seating.

ReputationRep:
    We met as we both live in the same flat at uni. Kinda flirted all through freshers week then got together on a bar crawl the following week. It became more serious from there and now we're very happy together

ReputationRep:
    Substantial quantities of Alcohol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Karma, my friend.
    Do you mean it's because of good karma that it happened or that i'm now due something bad happening?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.