Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

21st Fear- Paedophiles, cameras, attacks, "evil" nannies, "poisoned" meat, etc... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Transubstantiation)
    pure rubbish, if you want to spout the rehashed words of "Prophet Dawkins" then i am not interested.

again, until science/atheism comes up with reconcilable facts and proofs, then i see no reason why religion should be scrutinised.
    Yeah? I remember when I found out that Santa didn't exist, I realised how ridiculous the whole concept was, merely blackmailing children into behaving themselves so they would get rewarded....

Anyway, this is irrelevant...you better get to church, don't want to piss God off or you'll go to hell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planar)
    The church certainly motivated me to do some good - its blatant nonsense moved me to atheism.

Paedophiles: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...reaking35.html

What exactly do you think constitutes proof anyway? Anything the bible says? Because I've got a whole page of biblical contradictions
    Absolute rubbish and drivel, stop pedelling anti-catholic propaganda and come up with a credible source please.

There are many proofs, and there is more evidence for Jesus than Julius Caesar, so don't insult my religion please.

ReputationRep:
    it is due to the enroachment of Atheism in this once perfect society, which has now collapsed to a moral abyss due to amoral practises of the Godless.
    lolwut?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiZZeeKiD)
    Yeah? I remember when I found out that Santa didn't exist, I realised how ridiculous the whole concept was, merely blackmailing children into behaving themselves so they would get rewarded....

Anyway, this is irrelevant...you better get to church, don't want to piss God off or you'll go to hell
    but Santa isn't christian at all, he is merely an atheistic myth to propagate capitalism, so stop trying to blame the church.

more strawman arguments, just because the atheist brigade can't discount the obvious truths of Christianity.

ReputationRep:
    but Santa isn't christian at all, he is merely an atheistic myth to propagate capitalism, so stop trying to blame the church.

more strawman arguments, just because the atheist brigade can't discount the obvious truths of Christianity.
    Ha! You completely missed the point. I'm not claiming Santa is in anyway related to Christianity, I'm likening your ridiculous views on religious to the foolishness of a child believing in an imaginary figure....you're obviously as ignorant to humour as you are to reality.

Obvious truths? You Serious rydabowtnow?!

In any case, I cannot be bothered with this clearly pointless arguement. I'm going to go and drink alcohol, take drugs, have casual sex and converse with my homosexual friends....(in case you miss this one too I'M JOKING)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiZZeeKiD)
    Ha! You completely missed the point. I'm not claiming Santa is in anyway related to Christianity, I'm likening your ridiculous views on religious to the foolishness of a child believing in an imaginary figure....you're obviously as ignorant to humour as you are to reality.

Obvious truths? You Serious rydabowtnow?!

In any case, I cannot be bothered with this clearly pointless arguement. I'm going to go and drink alcohol, take drugs, have casual sex and converse with my homosexual friends....(in case you miss this one too I'M JOKING)

Another deliberate attempt to scrutinise the church, my it must get tiring for you atheists...

ReputationRep:
    Another deliberate attempt to scrutinise the church, my it must get tiring for you atheists...
    Your efforts are unfortunately futile here. God bless the Holy Catholic Church, and one day there may well be a religious revival in the UK before the next coming.

ReputationRep:
    Go educate yourself please, atheism is responsible for the decadence and destruction of a once utopian society...
    Does the jebus in your sig have heartburn?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    Your efforts are unfortunately futile here. God bless the Holy Catholic Church, and one day there may well be a religious revival in the UK before the next coming.
    Is this some kind of joke to you? do you really want atheism to extol its influence on this once noble society, and turn into a nihilistic fetid wasteland of amoral perversion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Does the jebus in your sig have heartburn?
    i do not appreciate having my beliefs ridiculed by niave know-it-all atheists, stop being so close minded.

ReputationRep:
    i do not appreciate having my beliefs ridiculed by niave know-it-all atheists, stop being so close minded.
    What?! There's fire coming out his heart, silly troll.

ReputationRep:
    What?! There's fire coming out his heart, silly troll.
    more Hitchenist rhetoric, not interested.

Go insult someone elses beliefs, you are only perpetuating the stereotype of atheists being rude and unable to consider other points of veiw.

ReputationRep:
    more Hitchenist rhetoric, not interested.

Go insult someone elses beliefs, you are only perpetuating the stereotype of atheists being rude and unable to consider other points of veiw.
    What point of view??? :lolwut:

Also, what's your beef with science?

ReputationRep:
    What point of view??? :lolwut:

Also, what's your beef with science?
    more strawmans again, please come up with a better argument if you want to insult my faith please.

ReputationRep:
    more strawmans again, please come up with a better argument if you want to insult my faith please.
    I'm not putting forward any argument.

You're pretty ignorant and rude for a Christian. But 9/10 for trolling effort.

ReputationRep:
    Edit: Wrong thread, multiple tabs open, doh.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not putting forward any argument.

You're pretty ignorant and rude for a Christian. But 9/10 for trolling effort.
    Oh im sorry, i suppose im not the one whose faith has been constantly insulted since i joined, thanks to the large majority of hateful atheists on this forum.

and how so? i was simply going down to the atheists level, as they already degraded into insulting my beliefs before i even had time to justify myself.

ReputationRep:
    it is due to the enroachment of Atheism in this once perfect society, which has now collapsed to a moral abyss due to amoral practises of the Godless.
    Amen, brother, amen.

ReputationRep:
    typical atheist discrimination, have some respect for those of religious belief.
    Have some respect for those who choose to believe in nothing and maybe you shall see some in return

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Reid)
    Have some respect for those who choose to believe in nothing and maybe you shall see some in return
    If they choose to be ignorant, then it might as well treat them as they treat me...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.