Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can I sue the local kebab shop? How much compensation could I get? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Are you the person who made a thread about a week ago wanting to sue their kebab shop for charging them for a large kebab when they ordered a medium?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    Are you the person who made a thread about a week ago wanting to sue their kebab shop for charging them for a large kebab when they ordered a medium?
    Nope... did you ever find out how their case went however?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukas1051)
    I'm trying to get compensation because of a £4 kebab and chips meal, which I thoroughly enjoyed I'll have you know - do I sound like a snob?
    You want to sue a kebab company for doing you a good deal. Maybe it's £4 because the drinks were from multipack cans? If you're so upset about it don't go to a kebab shop? If you're worried about someone thinking you're a cheapskate for drinking out of a multipack can a kebab isn't exactly going to improve things.

ReputationRep:
    Nope... did you ever find out how their case went however?
    They were a troll, as I suspect you to be also.

ReputationRep:
    It is entirely my problem, it severely damages me ego. I don't want people to see me drinking from multipack cans like some kind of cheapskate.
    Don't be so bloody stupid.
    How the hell is drinking from a multipack can being a cheapskate :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I ordered a kebab and chips last night from my local takeaway, it was part of one of their offers, you get a kebab, chips and a can of drink for £4.00. Anyway, the food was delivered, and when I opened it up I saw printed across the can of coke a clear yellow banner - MULTIPACK CAN - NOT FOR INDIVIDUAL RESALE. Surely they're not legally allowed to do this... can I sue them? How much money could I get?
    Exactly the type of people I hate with a passion.

Get rich quick schemes ruin it for everyone else.

I hope you're a troll, cos otherwise you've just failed in life.

ReputationRep:
    You're such a loser. lol

ReputationRep:
    Why would you want to sue them because of that? When I opened this thread I was expecting you were going to say you'd been struck down with life threatening food poisoning or something like that!!

ReputationRep:
    This is the kind of stuff that makes me want to bang my head against the wall

ReputationRep:
    Haha you cant be serious. I mean the amount of times that has happened to me and never did I, ever consider suing them! Goodness!

You're complaining about a multi-pack can, I should be complaining about being charged £6.30 for a Doner kebab and chips; I didn't ask for them to be sold separately and I've been ripped right off but I was left to feel powerless...the guy pretended to not understand me properly and I just let him win!

ReputationRep:
    + rep what a joker.

ReputationRep:
    SPAM!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyowl)
    We sell loads of cards at work with the picture from your avatar on them. /pointless information
    Really? XD It is really not from me, I got my avatar from TSR avatar gallery XD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.