Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the most 'impressive' thing you've ever stolen? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex285)
    I've worked in retail too and I'd hate it, mind you, so has my mum!
    It was M&S!!
    Oh sophisticated, maybe she'd go on M&S trial!? "You are on trial, but this is no ordinary trial, you have no defence in an M&S trial! Today for incorrectly giving a customer their reserved food without them paying any more than the deposit. You have lost £X for the company...we find you GUILTY!" :eek::eek:

ReputationRep:
    Erm a traffic cone. Does that even count..

ReputationRep:
    Stole the original Mona Lisa, it's in my front room now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Oh sophisticated, maybe she'd go on M&S trial!? "You are on trial, but this is no ordinary trial, you have no defence in an M&S trial! Today for incorrectly giving a customer their reserved food without them paying any more than the deposit. You have lost £X for the company...we find you GUILTY!" :eek::eek:
    I didn't just have a laugh at that, I had an M&S laugh :p:

ReputationRep:
    I used to steal Shoe polishers from Ravel when i was 4
    loool at how dumb i was

ReputationRep:
    er. When I was younger and more idiotic (and friends with people who liked to steal things) I stole a few t-shirts, small pieces of jewellery and small make-up bits. But nothing insanely impressive, my friend stole some of those £40 river island jeans once and she was always stealing stuff from Topshop, I have no idea how she did it o.0.

Then again, same girl got arrested for attempting to steal a bottle of Malibu from Asda, lol.

ReputationRep:
    A snowman like in carol Anne Duffy
    http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...&v=PiQGv4YZbMA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peachesandcream77)
    nah try sainsburys, you can everything in as their 13p doughnut.. plus if you 'use 10 bags' to carry your doughnut in, then you get 10 nectar points.
    My intention wasn't to create a 'How to steal' thread. :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyRodent)
    Erm a traffic cone. Does that even count..
    That's probably my most impressive steal too. :erm:

What did you do with yours? I put mine on top of this statue which took me a good 15 minutes to climb up in B'ham city centre.

ReputationRep:
    I stole a road sign once, ima baddaman!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Menakshelatte)
    I used to steal Shoe polishers from Ravel when i was 4
    loool at how dumb i was
    Awwh, that's quite sweet

ReputationRep:
    You thief! I don't steal :pierre:. I stole money from my dad's wallet countless times though.

ReputationRep:
    Pick 'n' Mix from the cinema, Watching the Pursuit of Happyness.

S*** Film + Tainted Sweets = Worst day of my life.

ReputationRep:
    Got sick of Tesco's stupid, self service checkouts not working, and I made off with with about 14 pounds worth of food.
    High on adrenaline I turned the street corner and relised that when I'd initialy checked my pockets for money at the checkout, all my money must have all fallen out (2 £20 notes)
    I decided (after a few minutes indicision) to go back and ask to Tesco and ask a checkout guy if he had seen my money (he was the only one near there), to which he replied "No.Sorry mate.People just see something and they take it.It's terrible"
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    One of these bad boys:

Needless to say, we were drunk and didn't care that we were probably being filmed by dozens of security cameras while carrying it back through campus.
    I assume my "partners in crime" put it back because it wasn't in their house the next time I was there.

I also stole a whisky glass....I'd bought a 16 YO single malt and I thought I'd make a night of it (it wasn't a very good whisky...too smokey, not too far from a bourbon)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember those chocolate egg things with football figurines in the middle? I stole one of them when I was about 7. Felt so bad I went back and returned it in tears. I'm not cut out for a criminal lifestyle! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    It depends really - Ive accidently stolen a fair bit - nothing really intentionally...majority from tesco where the self service things haven't worked properly etc, I think its scanned and I get home to find I didnt pay for it... Few weeks ago I accidently stole a pen from the uni shop - picked it up and held it with my uni books, went to get a drink of water and then only paid for the drink...wasn't until I was half way through my lecture I realised.
    Also have a few few pint glasses from pubs that ive taken home over the years + also a traffic cone I took as a 'present' for my dad...
    Nothing really very impressive...

ReputationRep:
    the guy on the football team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazlehman)
    Got sick of Tesco's stupid, self service checkouts not working, and I made off with with about 14 pounds worth of food.
    High on adrenaline I turned the street corner and relised that when I'd initialy checked my pockets for money at the checkout, all my money must have all fallen out (2 £20 notes)
    I decided (after a few minutes indicision) to go back and ask to Tesco and ask a checkout guy if he had seen my money (he was the only one near there), to which he replied "No.Sorry mate.People just see something and they take it.It's terrible"
    That's karma for you :rolleyes: But good story
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    When the Woolworths where i went to college was closing down you could pretty much take what you liked as nobody gave a ****. I think that is the only time i've stolen items worth over a fiver. I do sneak the odd thing through self service checkouts but i'm over my shoplifting phase..

(Original post by Boobies.)
    When I was in high school I had a little criminal empire, on friday we started late at 9.30, but the buses still arrived at 8.30, so we'd go to Lidl and me and Liz would steal around 100 37p 'schokoladen' chocolate bars between us, and i'd sell them at 50p each to people in my school.

Other than that, i stole a midnight kiss chemise from debenhams a while back too. I don't even know why i did it. Maybe for the thrill, idk :dontknow: Its gorgeous though
    Haha, i remember when Poundland opened and we did exactly the same with their big boxes of sweets. Eventually the school caught onto us but for Year 8s we did make quite a bit of money.

(Original post by thecdon)
    Anyone remember those chocolate egg things with football figurines in the middle? I stole one of them when I was about 7. Felt so bad I went back and returned it in tears. I'm not cut out for a criminal lifestyle! :awesome:
    Powerpods or something weren't it? Lost count of how many of those i stuffed down my pockets.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.