Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

1.) Ghosts come in one form – that just happens to be human - which is conveniently what we bipedal-chimps want to see, and not say a dead cow hovering at the end of ones bed. Have you ever heard of the legend of oceans being haunted by ghostly plankton?

2.) Ghosts just happen to be nocturnal, preferring night-time to ‘do their thing’. So when you die you suddenly become adverse to daylight – right?

3.) Like the popular bug-eyed Aliens, modern ghosts are all stereotypical, with the same looks and characteristics. The standard ghost or spectre in China is that of a Chinaman. The standard ghost in an Inuit community resembles the locals and not a six foot six black-man.

4.) Purportedly ghosts have the ‘magical’ capabilities to travel through walls, levitate etc. Powers they didn’t have when they were alive. They move objects all the time – but never get behind the wheels of a car and drive, type a letter on a computer or light-up a Bensons and Hedges. When it comes to interacting with humans all ghosts want to do is scare the **** out of the living in the dead of night or flash their tits at us in photos. Aimless activity, no-one has been able to detect with any surety.

5.) Ghosts are allergic to large crowds. ‘The Ghost of Super Bowl’ or ‘The Ghost of F.A Cup’ – I don’t think so.

6.) Ghosts love hotels and pubs. When you die you head immediately to ‘your local’ for a pint. How else could you explain the disproportionately high number of pubs that are haunted? And it’s always old pubs that act as magnets to the living dead, rather than a Five Star Hilton.

7.) If you can walk through walls why don’t you simply drop through the floor as well?

8.) Why aren’t all ghosts totally naked?

9.) Seeing that potentially we living-humans share the planet with 60 billion spirits, comprising all of humanities dead – where do these hordes of living-dead spend their time? I mean where do they live? Caves? The bottom of the ocean? The stratosphere? Six to a house?

10.) Last but not least – there is not a shred of evidence.

ReputationRep:
      I really understand your situation

Our house is haunted and has been for a long time and so we've seen many strange things and had lots of ghostly experiences. However, it comes and goes. A couple of years ago it was a frequent thing and we'd always have things happening, at the moment it's all gone quiet again.

To be honest, I have no dea of what could of caused the light being switched on like that,great possibility it was paranormal but maybe you could call an electrician to see his point of view on the spooky event.

I'd like to say though, don't be worried about ghosts and things. You have good and bad, if it's something bad, you'll know it's bad....believe me....and you'll know that it is something that really shouldn't be there.

Sometimes fear can make it seem like it's a bad "thing" when really it's just because it made you jump or if it's something unknown. So don't always assume it's evil

Mostly it's good ghosts, just visiting, checking up on how you're doing....quite often it's relatives and friends.
      And I've noticed that usually you get more activity when there are changes being made in the family (like weddings and babies and funerals) or if it's at a particularily stressed out time (exams, busy mments in life, choices)

Hope it helps

Its all in your head

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Left Hand Drive)
        Im not accepting these answers

DENIED! LOL!:p:p
        Ok, Your questions were pretty crap so I can take that

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by blueray)
        1.) Ghosts come in one form – that just happens to be human - which is conveniently what we bipedal-chimps want to see, and not say a dead cow hovering at the end of ones bed. Have you ever heard of the legend of oceans being haunted by ghostly plankton?

2.) Ghosts just happen to be nocturnal, preferring night-time to ‘do their thing’. So when you die you suddenly become adverse to daylight – right?

3.) Like the popular bug-eyed Aliens, modern ghosts are all stereotypical, with the same looks and characteristics. The standard ghost or spectre in China is that of a Chinaman. The standard ghost in an Inuit community resembles the locals and not a six foot six black-man.

4.) Purportedly ghosts have the ‘magical’ capabilities to travel through walls, levitate etc. Powers they didn’t have when they were alive. They move objects all the time – but never get behind the wheels of a car and drive, type a letter on a computer or light-up a Bensons and Hedges. When it comes to interacting with humans all ghosts want to do is scare the **** out of the living in the dead of night or flash their tits at us in photos. Aimless activity, no-one has been able to detect with any surety.

5.) Ghosts are allergic to large crowds. ‘The Ghost of Super Bowl’ or ‘The Ghost of F.A Cup’ – I don’t think so.

6.) Ghosts love hotels and pubs. When you die you head immediately to ‘your local’ for a pint. How else could you explain the disproportionately high number of pubs that are haunted? And it’s always old pubs that act as magnets to the living dead, rather than a Five Star Hilton.

7.) If you can walk through walls why don’t you simply drop through the floor as well?

9.) Seeing that potentially we living-humans share the planet with 60 billion spirits, comprising all of humanities dead – where do these hordes of living-dead spend their time? I mean where do they live? Caves? The bottom of the ocean? The stratosphere? Six to a house?

You make some very pertinent points, some I'd never even considered before like why dont ghosts drop through floors.Ghosts when not haunting, go back to the spirit world I think.

The post above me says that ghosts of dead relatives visit when we are stressed or at times of family changes, which is nice. Its like they are coming to say hello or to view their opinion on things.

ReputationRep:
        I have a few counter arguements for ghosts!

1. Are all ghost naked? Since your clothes dont die.
        2. isnt ghost world severely over populated?
        3.Do animals turn into ghosts? what about dinosaurs?
        4. Is hitler getting his arse handed to him by the ww2 dead?
        5. If cameras can pick up ghost etc then why dont you see ghosts at football matches and stuff thats where I would be or ruining live tv.

I look forward to anyone who would like to challenge me!
        They don't always appear like forms, more often as energy that makes things happen. I know sometimes people see ghosts....I'm not sure ow they get clothes.....but maybe it's something to do with replaying an event and just forming themself into a past memory.

Well they'd probably have the entire universe worth of space....who says that there's a begining and an end to the space.....maybe it's transcendent

Yep....you can get animal ghosts.....cats are common ones...
        There are also things called spirit guides, they are often animals too (especially native american type animals like bears, beavers, eagels ect. )

I don't know all the answers.....some things are unknown .....and of course these answer are probably wrong....but nobody knows really....it just happens

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by morematterlessartx)
        Ok, Your questions were pretty crap so I can take that
        Im sorry you couldnt answer them GAWD dont go all hissy

ReputationRep:

Me and you are getting to together to realease a book we'lll call it-

'Ghosts? pffft Aye right' or something

Me and you are getting to together to realease a book we'lll call it-

'Ghosts? pffft Aye right' or something
          Oh hello there

ReputationRep:
          (I haven't read all the comments so apologies if this has been said.)

My dad was friends with a medium for a fair few years and she was bloody good at what she did. She said that many ghosts use stairs as it's because they're between 2 levels; like the ghosts being stuck in this world and the next. I'm not sure how much I believe all that, but I found the theory interesting.

Also, in my first house when I was about 5 or 6, I used to be terrified of going up and down the stairs in the dark. One night I thought I saw a woman in a long, pink, Victorian style dress walking upstairs to the bathroom with white folded towels in her arms. I didn't say anything as I was scared. A few days later my sister started shouting and my parents asked what was wrong. She was pointing at the stairs saying that a woman in a pink dress with towels had just walked up them. Freaky

Like i said its all in ure head its only as real as u want it to be

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by damos92)
            And yet you consciously wrote this?

Proof of the afterlife ladies and gentlemen.

LOL

ReputationRep:
            My grandma died in my old house while I was living there, since then the tv in my room used to turn on and off by itself and the volume used to go higher and lower by itself also, could be a faulty tv, but still was a bit weird. I always felt watched too, however the fact it could have been my grandma made it less scary.

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by Drunk Punx)
            When there's something strange,
            In the neighbourhood,
            Who you gonna call?
            118 118!

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by Aniseed)
            Ahaha I totally do this!
            Have you seen the film, The Entitiy?
            The poor woman gets taken advantage of.I couldn't sleep for days after seeing that film Lol.
            No I haven't seen it, and I don't think I want to I'm not much of a fan of scary films.

118118 call them

ReputationRep:
              (Original post by Liam_G)
              No I haven't seen it, and I don't think I want to I'm not much of a fan of scary films.

Lol Ok then, but The Entity is apparently a true story, pretty graphic too.

ReputationRep:

Ey, nice copypasta job. :sly:http://canterburyatheists.blogspot.c...ont-exist.html

ReputationRep:
              (Original post by Aniseed)
              Lol Ok then, but The Entity is apparently a true story, pretty graphic too.
              i watched that film, it scared the **** out of me, :afraid:

ReputationRep:
              wow this **** went way too deep D:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
            What newspaper do you read/prefer?
            Useful resources
            Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
          • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
            Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.