Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone like the Hollister shops? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The shops are awful holes. Hot, Dark, Cramped, Busy and Messy. I like to get in and out of shops as quick as possible.

ReputationRep:
    From my experiences its pretty rubbish. Brought a Hoody and some polo's a while ago online and they haven't lasted very long.

Poor quality IMO.

ReputationRep:
    I walked past one the other day. I couldn't believe people had been queuing up to get in the shop. Mind you, they were the sort I didn't want to associate with - prebuscent chavvy kids.

The shop itself is so pretencious. I mean it had a surfer theme to it (which Hollister is to represent - I get that ) but come on! It's ****ing Glasgow...

ReputationRep:
    I've bought a few things from Hollister in the past but the store itself... :unimpressed:

It's too dark and I can hardly see where the hell I'm going. I went to Krispy Kreme once before I went to Hollister (bad idea I know) and when I opened them up the doughnuts were all ruined because of how many people had walked into my bag :eek: still delicious though ofc

Oh and there's always a massive group who liked to congregate outside the bloody door, so it takes ages to get out.

ReputationRep:
    I hate the darkness, and the clothes are not much better.

ReputationRep:
    I think the shops are cool, but you do need a torch...

I like their clothes, but where I live in Newcastle a Hollister shop opened last year, and now its embarrassing how many people walk around with Hollister t shirts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarky-x)
    The Aberdeen store opened in March and at first I thought it was pretty cool, I liked how it was just so different to any store that we have in the UK before, however the more I go in the more I start to dislike it. Before they came to the UK it was a really exclusive brand, I know people who when they went to the US would stock up and they'd be one of the few who wore Hollister, now there's like 8 year olds going about in it which is never a good way to advocate a brand. Now when I go in I get really annoyed at the false enthusiasm of the sales staff, the fact you can't see a thing and the one light that is actually shining on the shop floor is completely blinding and that awful wave screen thing, it's all too much.
    Agreed . Went in really quickly at the start and grabbed 8 items and then haven't been back since....... It always seems twice as busy as normal shops and it makes me feel so inadequate and inferior

ReputationRep:
    I went shopping there two days ago and there was a queue to get it!

ReputationRep:
    I've never been there, but I think that it's a bit overrated for what it is...I mean, apparently the clothes are quite expensive and they're not exactly top-quality, are they? And what really bugs me is the fact that EVERYONE is wearing it! At my school, it's not uncommon to see Hollister carrier bags lurking in the classrooms/locker rooms. I honestly don't see what the big deal is?
    Also when people wear Hollister stuff and think they're so "cool" and "popular."

ReputationRep:
    Oh and when people bring their lunch/PE kit in Hollister carrier bags. Get a kit bag, people!!

ReputationRep:
    They're all too bright and spacey for my likings.

ReputationRep:
    I love hollister... and Abercrombie and Fitch. That probably comes from living in the US though for 4 years. The shop keepers in hollister are either really good or really bad. I've had good customer service and bad. I really don't mind the music or darkness... but that's just me.

I hate how some British people obsessive over it though, using the carrier bags etc. People in the states don't do that...

The reason why I started wearing A+F and hollister was because it was the only thing that would fit me when I was around 12. Childrens clothes were too short but adults clothes were too wide. They make their stuff for taller and thinner people, it's one shop where I can actually get long sleeve tops, shirts and jackets that aren't three quarter length on me.

ReputationRep:
    I really strongly dislike Hollister.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funky_2cool)
    Oh and when people bring their lunch/PE kit in Hollister carrier bags. Get a kit bag, people!!
    Hahaha, had a woman come in the other day just to get a bag for her daughter's lunch.

So glad I finished school before this craze hit.

ReputationRep:
    why does it need to be so dark in there?

ReputationRep:
    it's bare fun for playing hide and seek in though.

Spoiler:
    Show
    the best hiding spot is in the women's changing room :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I find their 'surfer' image to be incredibly forced. I guess it's mainly bought by wannabe types; the kind of people who strive desperately for the beachy, sea-breezed look, but would run a mile from the coast in case they got sand in their hair.

ReputationRep:
    yeah and they have people that just stand around doing **** all
    i had to queue for about an hour in one hollister and i ended up shouting at the assistants. i really wanted the jeans
    OMG AND THE LIGHTING. WE'RE NOT CATS! WE CANT SEE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philbert)
    I'm supposed to be writing a Lab Report right now but I'd prefer to post pointless threads on TSR.

I went shopping a few days ago and this was the first time I'd ever been into a Hollister store (Bristol). I've been looking for some new jeans and my flatmate was raving about Hollister so I had a look on the website and found some that I quite liked. I sashayed into said store avec younger sister (who loves Hollister) was not particularly impressed. Seriously, why is it so dark in there? It was like being in the reptile house at the Zoo. Do they not want you to be able to see the clothes or something? The decor is really tacky, especially the outside of the store. The music was also really loud, I couldn't hear a word my sister or the dressing room assistants were saying. I had a pounding headache within five minutes of being in the store.

I thought that some of the clothes were quite nice and I liked the jeans and am considering buying them on-line. The prices are reasonable, albeit at the high end of what I would pay for most items.

The thing that really riles me about the place is the whole pretentious 'surfer' Abercrombie-wannabe atmosphere. They sure like to shove that down your throat. I found the staff to be rather stuck up. I wanted to try on the smaller size, but my sister had buggered off and the assistant ignored me as she was talking to another assistant, so I went and got them without putting my shoes back on. I know this is abnormal behaviour in a store but I didn't really care at the time, I do it in other shops. The assistant looked horrified when I returned and she let me back in the changing room.

I don't really know where I'm going with this. This was only my personal experience, I want to hear others' views about this store. Back to work, then :getmecoat:
    They all seem so stuck-up and think they're special or whatever. When I walked in the other day, one of the staff gave me a dirty look. I like some of the clothes though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyyy)
    I've never actually been in to Hollister, but they opened a store in Norwich about 3 weeks ago.. and people still queue from both sides to get in. There's barriers up to keep the lines in order. Seriously, is it that great? I've looked online and the stuff is okay and the prices aren't too ridiculous, but it all just seems a little pretentious by the looks and sound of things.
    I've walked past the one in Chapelfield and I think it looks hideous compared to all the slick glass panels on the front of the other stores, especially the big apple store. I was put off going in by the guys in swimming shorts and flip flops at the door who just looked like they were there to keep 'the wrong sort' out of the store.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.