Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This isn't even true. I know a younger couple...

ReputationRep:
    Of course they should keep it, they both seem mature and responsible for their age and I'm sure they will both get jobs as soon as they are old enough. They seem to realise that they made a mistake, but are willing to make the best of the situation that they can. If it was just the two of them I'd worry, but the parents seem very supportive.

ReputationRep:
    I've come across news stories of fourteen year old parents before. Why is this one considered unique?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    To be fair he's pretty vile as well.
    Touché.

ReputationRep:
    **** me..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    True that.

They'll probably be one of those people that have 9 kids by the age of 22.
    But then don't they have a right regardless of number

ReputationRep:
    This child will probably hinder their teenage lives and both will end up being unsuccessful school drop outs at 16, but that doesn't mean the state should take the child away from them. They have made a bad mistake and now they have to deal with the consequences. I imagine it will be the baby's grandparents who will look after it though, they're certainly going to have to fund it. The worrying thing is why did this happen in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butted)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...t-parents.html

Should they be allowed to keep the child?
    As long as they can afford to do so.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.