Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

belly piercing/ lower back tattoo - always skanky? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSG1992)
    Okay, I get the feeling now that you didn't know I was kidding
    but just for the record, I am

But kudos on the piercing and back to the OP, get the piercing and the tatt!
    ah okay, do get some weirdos on TSR though

ReputationRep:
    Depends what it is. I don't think a plain silver belly bar and an intricate pretty tattoo on the lower back would look skanky at all. But a pink dangly belly bar with butterflies and a tattoo that has obviously been picked off of the wall of a tattoo parlour...a baby bit skanky :/

ReputationRep:
    I have a tattoo on my lower back and I'm not skanky (well....)

As long as the tattoo doesn't say something stupid like "Princess" (I knew a girl who had that...ugh) then I think you're fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar_and_spice)
    I have a tattoo on my lower back and I'm not skanky (well....)

As long as the tattoo doesn't say something stupid like "Princess" (I knew a girl who had that...ugh) then I think you're fine
    I know a girl that has 'babycakes' on her lower back :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    I know a girl that has 'babycakes' on her lower back :lolwut:
    Really?! :facepalm: Maybe all writing on back tattoes should just be avoided!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    fellows.

ive wanted to get both of these for sooo long! but am now 25 and its now or never! when i was younger my parents said it was a skanky look and i had to wait til i was older, but then i hit 22 and they said i was too old for it!

i LOVE tribal bellydance and want to do professional dancing by the end of the (new) year. google rachel brice to see what i mean.

also, i really like the badness of the look of the lower back tattoo, i was thinking of a small paisley motif or a scorpion (im scorpio).

but what would you think if you saw this on a girl? i know there is a stereotype of gals with tattoos as promiscuous and deviant but actually im devoutly catholic (founder of TSR catholic society) and a virgin waiting until marriage.

so what would you think? go for it or not?
    Tampstams (the tattoo) is a big no,no.

I dunno about belly button piercings though, I kind of like them!
    But allot of girls do just look slutty with it. Its a fine line

ReputationRep:
    I think so. Not that it would be a deciding factor in friendship/relationship tho.

ReputationRep:
    ok ok guys. what about a small stomach tattoo, on the pantline near the hip? is that better?what do you think of those? not of a scorpion obviously

ReputationRep:
    If you want one get one, who cares what anyone else things about them it's you that has to wear it for the rest of your life not them.

ReputationRep:
    I love my bellybutton piercing :love: Go for it

ReputationRep:
    I like my belly button piercing. I don't think they're skanky. Lower back tattoos aren't my favourite things, although it depends what you get done really.

ReputationRep:
    I have a belly button piercing, so I don't think that they're skanky, and they are much easier to remove than a tattoo if you decide later that you hate it. If your navel is the right shape you could have the bottom pierced (inverse navel piercing, if you want to google it) instead. It's a bit less common so might less skanky, but is more prone to rejection/not everyone is suited to it.

I'm not usually a fan of tattoos, especially on the lower back, but I have to say, i had a look at rachel brice and I quite like hers

ReputationRep:
    Belly button piercings are massively hot, nothing skanky about them.

Tattoos I'm undecided on, lower back tattoos do look hot, but there is something slutty about them, maybe that adds to the appeal for us lads.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.