Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is hitting a skinny weak as a girl man as bad as hitting a woman? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arekkusu)
    Stick your foot in the air and try and hold her off? I sense you haven't been in many fights, young lady!

Tbh in the heat of the moment if they've got a knife you bloody well get your skates on and run for it. If you can tackle her broadside (from either side, I'd say?) then you would have a good chance at pinning her for long enough to get the knife off of her but I wouldn't risk anything from a front on position.
    No I haven't :P. LOL.
    I guess it's a whimpy way to avoid the most contact, it'd be my natural inclination if I was put in that situation :P.
    EMZ=]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinbad23)
    Violence is a result of unconscious thought patterns. But who are we to judge what is unconscious and what is conscious. If someone threatens your survival or according to your own mind does so, Its only natural to feel them as a threat and want to eliminate that threat. For example one persons ego will be threatened if their girlfriend cheats on them with their best friend, another persons ego will feel threatened if they are called "gay idiot (moderators probably going to give me an alert because I said the word gay again)"" or something because pain is relative.

Most people have commited violence and even judgement is a form of violence. Eg calling someone evil or dumb can be considered violence.
    If you really believe that rubbish then you are a public menace and should be locked up.

None of your examples are justifiable reasons for violence.

Violence is never acceptable and any person with even half a brain cell should be able to find some way of avoiding it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puddlejumper)
    If you really believe that rubbish then you are a public menace and should be locked up.

None of your examples are justifiable reasons for violence.

Violence is never acceptable and any person with even half a brain cell should be able to find some way of avoiding it.
    No im telling the raw truth and getting to the core of what violence is.

Your just being a hypocrite thats trying to sound like a saint.

I never said violence was acceptable and everyone should go around doing it. I said its understandable why one attacks another.

In bbeing more aware of your behaviour you are more likely to defeat it.

Let me know when you get off your high horse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinbad23)
    No im telling the raw truth and getting to the core of what violence is.

Your just being a hypocrite thats trying to sound like a saint.

I never said violence was acceptable and everyone should go around doing it. I said its understandable why one attacks another.

In bbeing more aware of your behaviour you are more likely to defeat it.

Let me know when you get off your high horse.
    Part of being an intelligent human being is being able to withstand impulses and behave in a rational way. Otherwise you are simply an animal.

Just because your girlfriend goes off with someone else doesn't give you the right to rip their heads off. You are allowed to 'feel' like ripping their heads off, but only an animal would act on that impulse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    It makes me sad to see so men admit they would hit a woman. :ashamed2: Not cool men, NOT COOL at all.
    Looks like you'll just have to deal with it. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valh)
    Looks like you'll just have to deal with it. :awesome:
    I'm sorry but no...just no. Only lovely_me + the sloth can pull that off son.

You'll learn, you're only a lil'un with >200 posts but your time will come. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j.laurence)
    Some girls have been known to knock out guys during fights...
    That just adds to the question though... would it be OK for a man to defend himself against some one of these women? If she's 6 foot tall, as wide as a truck and some sort of 50 cent look-a-like would it be alright to hit her? lol! How about if she was to pick on a physical inferior man? Or pin him down and rape him? Wouldn't that be just as wrong as me hitting a woman who can't defend herself?

Personally I think we should avoid conflict/physical coercion, and if you're physically superior to your opponent this is very easy to do, and it would be wrong not to. Nothing to do with gender.

ReputationRep:
    Your question seems to be incorrectly phrased.

You said 'does this mean if a skinny little ******* of a guy was in your face slapping/yelling it would not be alright to hit him (even though he is as weak as an average girl)'.

In the brackets you should surely have instead said something like 'because he is as weak as an average girl'.

By saying 'even though' you wrongly imply that what you said earlier in the sentence contradicts this in some way.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.