Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Harry Potter actress beaten after not dating Muslim Watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qaz25)
    I hope you're a troll... or else you're just someone who is really dumb.

Arranged marriage is different to forced marriage. So I guess you've been to Pakistan and asked a good proportion of the female population in order to reach that conclusion? :rolleyes:
    Hey, hey! The majority of people who feel the need to comment on such issues almost always have first hand experience and knowledge of such things. :holmes:

Of course she has been to pakistan, don't be foolish. What kind of silly person would comment on things they don't know about :rolleyes:

Are you trying to insinuate people's opinions..... are wrong :shock: lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qaz25)
    I hope you're a troll... or else you're just someone who is really dumb.

Arranged marriage is different to forced marriage. So I guess you've been to Pakistan and asked a good proportion of the female population in order to reach that conclusion? :rolleyes:
    No, I can make a decision based on common sense through observing how women are treated in Islamic countries. I beleive that the vast, vast majority of "arranged" marraiges are in fact forced, I simply do not believe women have a choice.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Oh hahaa - I will post in there more after my exams. Not that exams are a reason for me to not post seeing as I've not done no work for them, but at least I'll have no excuse then to not post! You should post more
    Lol I often befall the ugly yet strangely attractive head of procrastination. I know all too well what you mean. I used to post quite frequently, but after some exams, I shall be back regularly :five:

ReputationRep:
    It's funny because I imagine a DM journalist would try and kill their daughter if they fell in love with a muslim as well.

ReputationRep:
    cultural enrichment innit

nb if you dont like it your a racist, hth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeowKittenMeow)
    No, I can make a decision based on common sense through observing how women are treated in Islamic countries. I beleive that the vast, vast majority of "arranged" marraiges are in fact forced, I simply do not believe women have a choice.
    So you've been to many Islamic countries and seen first hand what happens in many different marriage proposals? (I'm getting this from your use of the word 'observing')

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qaz25)
    So you've been to many Islamic countries and seen first hand what happens in many different marriage proposals? (I'm getting this from your use of the word 'observing')
    Dur! Of course she has :teehee: I'm sure she's been to Pakistan, India, Iran and various other countries with Muslims residing there! :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Common sense? There is a direct absence of that in your comments :mmm:

PS your negs are quite obvious to subs and does nothing. Why you even bother to neg a comment that has nothing to do with you is beyond me :sigh: children

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Facticity)
    nothings is wrong with them if there is consent. I was merely presenting it to mel0n who held an opposing view. I guess if there was anything for me to disagree with would be the second bit where the family disassociate the girl from their lives. Why? That is just cruel and unnecessary.
    The family disagrees with her as she is persistent in going against Islam, the religion of which they follow. So they are clearly not backing down on her having a relationship with a Non-Muslim and she is clearly not happy with this. Given the circumstances, dissociation is the most appropiate, if both are determined not to change their choice.

I imagine the scenario as a magnet, the family are North, the daughter is South, both will repel, so separation is ideal.

ReputationRep:
    She shouldn't be dating anyone if she's a Muslim, let alone a non-Muslim.. tuts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indian_Princess)
    She shouldn't be dating anyone if she's a Muslim, let alone a non-Muslim.. tuts.
    :facepalm2:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamesh)
    The family disagrees with her as she is persistent in going against Islam, the religion of which they follow. So they are clearly not backing down on her having a relationship with a Non-Muslim and she is clearly not happy with this. Given the circumstances, dissociation is the most appropiate, if both are determined not to change their choice.

I imagine the scenario as a magnet, the family are North, the daughter is South, both will repel, so separation is ideal.
    No the family is north, she is north-east. She hasn't forsaken Islam, she merely likes someone non-Islamic. She isn't leaving her faith. Everyone sins surely even from an Islamic perspective. So why punish her or disown her because she is sinning or made a mistake, when they also are not perfect.

Bah, self righteous judgements of people is stupid and such things should not occur especially not resulting in beating or disowning your children. Call me old fashioned, but I believe in loving my family regardless of if they make a mistake and sticking through with them and my religion rather than domestic violence and divestment.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    :facepalm2:
    Forgive the ignorance here, but isn't what the poster above said true? Sorry if I'm being stupid bro

ReputationRep:
    Although id agree that its extremely stupid to beat up your daughter for going out with somebody you dont approve of, you cannot beat her up nor should you call her a slut.

Also lets admit it, alot of the people here wouldnt be happy if their daughter/son went out with a muslim.
    I prolly wouldnt be happy tbh

ReputationRep:
    Forgive the ignorance here, but isn't what the poster above said true? Sorry if I'm being stupid bro
    Lol yeah it is true, I know it is. But it's such a stupid thing to say (she shouldn't have been dating a non Muslim or anyone in the first place - as if that's justification for what has happened [whether verbal or physical]), and the 'tut' sort of adds to it - well that's how it came across to me. Didn't like the tone of the post so I facepalm'ed :ninja:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Lol yeah it is true, I know it is. But it's such a stupid thing to say (she shouldn't have been dating a non Muslim or anyone in the first place - as if that's justification for what has happened [whether verbal or physical]), and the 'tut' sort of adds to it - well that's how it came across to me. Didn't like the tone of the post so I facepalm'ed :ninja:
    Ah true true, I see what you mean. What I really thought was terrible is her being called a "slut". Its like, she went out with 1 guy! Just a date, nothing to imply anything promiscuous. Gosh, this article annoyed me :sigh:

(Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    Although id agree that its extremely stupid to beat up your daughter for going out with somebody you dont approve of, you cannot beat her up nor should you call her a slut.

Also lets admit it, alot of the people here wouldnt be happy if their daughter/son went out with a muslim.
    I prolly wouldnt be happy tbh
    Tsukiyomi eh? Do you also know Amaterasu and Susano'o

ReputationRep:

Her Brother...LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL look at him :rofl3:

ReputationRep:
    Ah true true, I see what you mean. What I really thought was terrible is her being called a "slut". Its like, she went out with 1 guy! Just a date, nothing to imply anything promiscuous. Gosh, this article annoyed me :sigh:
    Lol, maybe that was heat of the moment I dunno (doesn't make it any better, but one of my siblings called me one once :rofl2: but it's all forgotten cos it was all in the anger and stuff [well forgotten as in it doesn't really matter anymore, not forgotten as in I can't remember it happening cos I obvs can :p:])

And yeah it is an annoying article. I suppose that it could show two things - 1) it could highlight that this might be happening to other Muslim girls but 2) maybe it is in fact a thing that happens to a minority but just because she's an actress it's been brought to light :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    No the family is north, she is north-east. She hasn't forsaken Islam, she merely likes someone non-Islamic. She isn't leaving her faith. Everyone sins surely even from an Islamic perspective. So why punish her or disown her because she is sinning or made a mistake, when they also are not perfect.
    I think it goes beyond sinning and making a mistake, if it ends up in a court.

Bah, self righteous judgements of people is stupid and such things should not occur especially not resulting in beating or disowning your children.
    Islam is a way of life that has only has one path that a Muslim can follow. Sorry it can seem that a Muslim may take a 'self righetous' judgement sometimes as a result because the religion, Islam, is quite intrusive, I agree. Hence, it's a 'struggle' to choose halaal over haraam, something that they do not desire their daughter to lose, so she can be in heaven rather than hell.

]Call me old fashioned, but I believe in loving my family regardless of if they make a mistake and sticking through with them and my religion rather than domestic violence and divestment.
    But it isn't a one-off mistake, if she persisted. It essentially becomes an act of disbelief.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.