Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Benitez Sacked Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Rafa's weird.

He did OK at Valencia, did average/mediocre at Liverpool, and not bad at Inter, but I feel sorry for him since Inter are doing well in Serie A and now they're the world champions lol. I'd lulz if he comes back to England. I hear the Bolton manager's job is available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    Rafa's weird.

He did OK at Valencia, did average/mediocre at Liverpool, and not bad at Inter, but I feel sorry for him since Inter are doing well in Serie A and now they're the world champions lol. I'd lulz if he comes back to England. I hear the Bolton manager's job is available.
    Another confusing post.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Walter Zenga will replace him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Apparently Walter Zenga will replace him.
    I thought Leonardo was the frontrunner for the job....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    I thought Leonardo was the frontrunner for the job....
    Zenga has been sacked from, which seems a bit convenient. He's got good experience of La Liga as well so I wouldn't be surprised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Zenga has been sacked from, which seems a bit convenient. He's got good experience of La Liga as well so I wouldn't be surprised.
    So did Benitez and it didn't help him... :sly:

But yes, his experience of Serie A and knows Inter well so I wouldn't be surprised either.

I heard about Leonardo being in contention as well.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Kevmeister)
      So did Benitez and it didn't help him... :sly:

But yes, his experience of Serie A and knows Inter well so I wouldn't be surprised either.
      Apologies, I meant Serie A, I doubt he's ever managed a La Liga team.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
      It's so refreshing that you've posted this and agreed with me - afterall, it is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I do know some Liverpool fans who agree with my perspective on Benitez but it's truly perplexing that so many Liverpool fans continue to pine after him and wish him to return as their manager.

I've repped you, as you may have gathered, because it's about ****ing time a Liverpool fan on here has been absolutely spot on with their opinion. You're a proper fan who clearly can look at things objectively and sensibly, take a step back and truly reflect on what is going on...

You're a credit to the club.
      Thanks for the reply and I've repped you also. It's not likely that NESV (LFC owners) will sign Rafa back to the club. The board will inform them about how Rafa likes to cause fights within the club and how he likes total control of the club. He's a flipping control freak. When he got total control of LFC, where did LFC finish? That's right, 7TH! The owners will also look at how Rafa attacked the Inter Milan owner & board and they will avoid Rafa completely.

I'm sure they are already searching for a good manager to come in Hodgson's place for next season, if Hodgson doesn't impress them at the end of this season. The only reason for the rumours about Rafa returning is because of the 'In Rafa We Trust' bridgade/Rafalites.

The problem with the Rafalites is that Rafa winning the CL completely blinded them. They fell so in love with him to extent that they're nut-hugging him whenever he's criticised. Because they have such a strong memory of Istanbul, it has removed their brain capacity for critical thinking and sensible, objective thinking. So the Rafalites keep excusing his mistakes because they just can't face the facts and realise Rafa's nothing special. They even go to the extent of twisting facts and
      making up lies to defend Rafa like he can do no wrong.

Seriously, it's like Rafa has a spell over them. They just cannot criticise him themselves. Whenever other fans, like me, criticise him, they **** us off and say we are not true fans. It's like Rafa is bigger than the club or something. In fact, they made Rafa bigger than the club. He couldn't be criticised. Whenever we won, it was all thanks to him. Whenever we lost, it was the owners' fault:facepalm2:. What kind of stupid logic is that?

Everyone else could see Rafa was ruining LFC but the Rafalites were too blind to see it. Thankfully, there are true LFC fans like me, who know that no-one is bigger than the club. We will support our players and manager if they deserve it or encourage them to do better. But we will not accept mediocrity or rubbish. If Rafa was so good, why is Inter 7th at the moment? This squad just won the treble last year for goodness sake. They should at least be in the top four.
      Anyway, what team do you support?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Cable)
      Thanks for the reply and I've repped you also. It's not likely that NESV (LFC owners) will sign Rafa back to the club. The board will inform them about how Rafa likes to cause fights within the club and how he likes total control of the club. He's a flipping control freak. When he got total control of LFC, where did LFC finish? That's right, 7TH! The owners will also look at how Rafa attacked the Inter Milan owner & board and they will avoid Rafa completely.

I'm sure they are already searching for a good manager to come in Hodgson's place for next season, if Hodgson doesn't impress them at the end of the season. The only reason for the rumours about Rafa returning is because of the 'In Rafa We Trust' bridgade/Rafalites.

The problem with the Rafalites is that Rafa winning the CL completely blinded them. They fell so in love with him to extent that they're nut-hugging him whenever he's criticised. Because they have a strong memory of Istanbul, it has removed their brain capacity for critical thinking and sensible, objective thinking. So the Rafalites keep excusing his mistakes because they just can't face the facts and realise Rafa's nothing special. They even go to the extent of twisting facts and
      making up lies to defend Rafa like he can do no wrong.

Seriously, it's like Rafa has a spell over them. They just cannot criticise him themselves. Whenever other fans, like me, criticise him, they **** us off and say we are not true fans. It's like Rafa is bigger than the club or something. In fact, they made Rafa bigger than the club. He couldn't be criticised. Whenever we won, it was all thanks to him. Whenever we lost, it was the owners' fault:facepalm2:. What kind of stupid logic is that?

Everyone else could see Rafa was ruining LFC but the Rafalites were too blind to see it. Thankfully, there are true LFC fans like me, who know that no-one is bigger than the club. We will support our players and manager if they deserve it or encourage them to do better. But we will not accept mediocrity or rubbish. If Rafa was so good, why is Inter 7th at the moment? This squad just won the treble last year for goodness sake. They should at least be in the top four.
      Anyway, what team do you support?
      Do you go the game?

I love Rafa because he gave me some of the greatest nights of my life. I'll happily accept he had his faults, his 6 years was not perfect and we should've done a lot better in his final year. But when people like you come out with sweeping comments about how I'm blinded by Istanbul you're not worth listening to. Had some ****ing awesome home and away games following the reds under Rafa, Not that you'd know anything about that as a johnny come lately armchair andy gray hugging meff.

He got control of the club and then finished 7th? LOL. Your knowledge of the club you claim to support is ****ing laughable. Ever heard of the words CHRISTIAN PURSLOW?

Where were you for the fight to get rid of the owners? Tucked up in bed probably.

Jog on.

ReputationRep:
      Hey 'Pool fans, take your Rafa was great/crap stuff here.

This thread is about his sacking at Inter, where results weren't good enough and he openly challenged the owner.

ReputationRep:
      i got a bit annoyed when he was flashing the imaginary card to get gomez sent off.

ReputationRep:
      It was only a matter of time really. It will be interesting to see who replaces him

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by kpg)
      Do you go the game?

I love Rafa because he gave me some of the greatest nights of my life. I'll happily accept he had his faults, his 6 years was not perfect and we should've done a lot better in his final year. But when people like you come out with sweeping comments about how I'm blinded by Istanbul you're not worth listening to. Had some ****ing awesome home and away games following the reds under Rafa, Not that you'd know anything about that as a johnny come lately armchair andy gray hugging meff.

He got control of the club and then finished 7th? LOL. Your knowledge of the club you claim to support is ****ing laughable. Ever heard of the words CHRISTIAN PURSLOW?

Where were you for the fight to get rid of the owners? Tucked up in bed probably.

Jog on.
      Yes, I have gone to games, thank you. But why is that completely relevant? Every LFC fan is entitled an opinion in regards to the club. We have world-wide fan base. They also provide income into our club by buying our mechandise. But not everyone of them can come to game due to distance and money. Does that make them any less of a fan? Nope, don't think so.

Look, I haven't got a problem with fans who appreciate Rafa and what we achieved while he was here. If you are a Rafa fan, good for you. I don't give a toss about him or his fans. But if you bothered reading my post properly, it's the fans that never criticise him or constantly make excuses for all his mistakes that I don't like. In my post, I said it's the fans that were BLINDED by Rafa that were a problem. If you were not blinded by Rafa, why do you need to reply back at me negatively? Are you a blind fan or not?

How do know that I'm an ' Armchair Andy Gray hugging meff'? Where's your evidence to support that?
      Yes, he did get control of the club with his new contract and finish 7th in his last season. Thanks for repeating what I said.

Yes, I've heard of Christian Purslow. He did a great job along with other members of the board to get rid of the Hick & Gillette in court.
      No one else was really in fight against the owners except the LFC board vs Hicks & Gill (all the others did was to support). What? Were you a member of the LFC board when they beat the owners in court? That's right you weren't. If not for Christian Purslow and another guy from the board, we wouldn't have new owners at the club.

Just because I'm not personal fan of Rafa doesn't mean I'm not a fan of LFC. Hopefully, we'll finish in the top 4 this year.

ReputationRep:
      Yes, he did get control of the club with his new contract and finish 7th in his last season. Thanks for repeating what I said.

Yes, I've heard of Christian Purslow. He did a great job
      Oh dear.

No one else was really in fight against the owners except the LFC board
      Oh dear. What a ****ing INSULT to the hundreds of lads and lasses who worked their arses off to get the campaigns going to get rid of those two cancers. I take no credit for it but your statement is a massive slap in the face to people whose effort every Liverpool supporter should be thankful for.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by kpg)
      Oh dear.

Oh dear. What a ****ing INSULT to the hundreds of lads and lasses who worked their arses off to get the campaigns going to get rid of those two cancers. I take no credit for it but your statement is a massive slap in the face to people whose effort every Liverpool supporter should be thankful for.
      Funny how you ignored the rest of my statement. You do realise that Purslow was responsible, among others in getting rid of the owners, right? You do realise that Purslow was in court, fighting for LFC against the owners, right? That's what I thought.

Please if you are going to bother replying to my posts, please read my points carefully. I said the LFC board were the one REALLY in the fight. So that means they were the ones in court, fighting against the owners, which I stated in my post. All the other fans did was support the fight. They didn't ACTUALLY defeat the owners in court, as they weren't members of the LFC board. Case closed.

The fans did well to support the LFC board against the owners but that's it. Nothing more. Christian Purslow and others ACTUALLY won the fight in the court. Hope you understand that CLEARLY. Night night, son. Looking forward to our next game. Come on LFC.

ReputationRep:
      Shouts of Leonardo (the former Milan manager) being a candidate.

I hope it doesn't come to that.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by sandeep90)
      Shouts of Leonardo (the former Milan manager) being a candidate.

I hope it doesn't come to that.
      Why?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Cable)
      Why?
      Only one year of management experience, and that year was quite underwhelming tbh.

Former Milanista, possibly making it difficult to gain acceptance from the fans.

Likes to implement a creative and attacking style in his team. This Inter team is not built for something like that, and I think someone like Capello would be the best option.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by sandeep90)
      Only one year of management experience, and that year was quite underwhelming tbh.

Former Milanista, possibly making it difficult to gain acceptance from the fans.

Likes to implement a creative and attacking style in his team. This Inter team is not built for something like that, and I think someone like Capello would be the best option.
      Fair enough, you make good points. But won't Inter fans like to see their team try and play creative & attacking football? They have some good offensive players like maicon, sniedjer, eto'o etc. Although it would be hard for the players to adjust to a new attacking style because they are used to a more defensively organised style.

Experience is another important thing in a manager. But Pep won many trophies in his first season, with barcelona, without any previous experience. So who knows what Leonardo can do at Inter if given a chance?
      Additionally, being a former player of AC milan might make it hard for him to be accepted by Inter fans.

However, I agree it would easily appear a better option to employ someone like capello, considering all points mentioned above.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
    Updated: December 24, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.