Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOA Vamp)
    Good deal
    The Lottery's a bit of a pain like that lol. But you'll still keep trying no doubt.
    Yeah I don't play every week, just when I feel like it. Probably will stop soon once I start earning. Feels like it's the only way to give my self a chance of getting rich now. Later I'll invest that money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by camelfarmer)
    Yeah I don't play every week, just when I feel like it. Probably will stop soon once I start earning. Feels like it's the only way to give my self a chance of getting rich now. Later I'll invest that money.
    I don't play really, it's just the family. I don't want to get into it really. It would be funny now if you won the money though What would you invest it in?

ReputationRep:
    I don't play really, it's just the family. I don't want to get into it really. It would be funny now if you won the money though What would you invest it in?
    I'd have to do some research into what looks good at the time. For example apple/google etc a few years ago. Probably something to do with renewable energy now will do well in a year years. I'm gonna try and get in to it when I have some money.

ReputationRep:
    It's good for procrastination though Usually I'm not on here that long, but I felt like talking to new people What uni are you at?
    I'm not at uni yet, unfortunately. :boring:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    I'm not at uni yet, unfortunately. :boring:
    Have you applied? If so, where to and what for?

ReputationRep:
    Have you applied? If so, where to and what for?
    I have applied at Bangor, Hull (Scarborough), and Stirling for Oceanography/Marine Biology.

I've only got an offer for one of the Bangor courses, which wants about 100 more points then the prospectus said, but the other one I applied for there wants that many points in the prospectus, so idk how that's going to end up.

I got a letter from Hull saying I have to fill this form out unless I want to pay the price of an international student, because I wasn't born in the UK. Even though I said I was only there for a week, and that I'm a British citizen etc in my application. :rant:

People's stupidity/lack of common sense amazes me sometimes. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I have applied at Bangor, Hull (Scarborough), and Stirling for Oceanography/Marine Biology.

I've only got an offer for one of the Bangor courses, which wants about 100 more points then the prospectus said, but the other one I applied for there wants that many points in the prospectus, so idk how that's going to end up.

I got a letter from Hull saying I have to fill this form out unless I want to pay the price of an international student, because I wasn't born in the UK. Even though I said I was only there for a week, and that I'm a British citizen etc in my application. :rant:

People's stupidity/lack of common sense amazes me sometimes. :rolleyes:
    Just go with your favourite really, as long as you think you can achieve it

That's ridiculous - they obviously just didn't go through your application properly. Probably some secretary lol. I'm sure it'll work out as long as they read the form properly. Haha

ReputationRep:
    Just go with your favourite really, as long as you think you can achieve it

That's ridiculous - they obviously just didn't go through your application properly. Probably some secretary lol. I'm sure it'll work out as long as they read the form properly. Haha
    I think they want 100 points more because I'm doing a BTEC, I did say it was very advanced though, we made paracetamol and aspirin at one point.

ReputationRep:
    What up everybody?

ReputationRep:
    I think they want 100 points more because I'm doing a BTEC, I did say it was very advanced though, we made paracetamol and aspirin at one point.
    I don't know much about BTECs, but if it's advanced like you say then it should be taken into account. Like I said, if you think you can get it then go for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by camelfarmer)
    What up everybody?
    Nothing much, watching misfits and I don't think I'll still be on here at 4am again. Good stuff

ReputationRep:
    Nothing much, watching misfits and I don't think I'll still be on here at 4am again. Good stuff
    Hi again. I went to bed at 3am last night and slept till 1, so I won't be sleeping anytime soon. God I wish I had something to do.

ReputationRep:
    I went to bed around 4am, got to sleep at 5am, and then got up at 9am. Though I have regular bouts of insomnia, I actually feel tired haha. Something to do as in work or just general amusement? YouTube's pretty handy if you want to watch old episodes of stuff

ReputationRep:
    I went to bed around 4am, got to sleep at 5am, and then got up at 9am. Though I have regular bouts of insomnia, I actually feel tired haha. Something to do as in work or just general amusement? YouTube's pretty handy if you want to watch old episodes of stuff
    Something useful you know. I'm looking in to doing some charity for christmas.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.