Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why does everyone have these headphones? Watch

ReputationRep:
    a friend of mine bought it for £130. the thing is he doesn't wear it outside his house.

It kind of makes you think, why buy it? (they look cool btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauriC)
    And I think they block out background noise better than in ear ones, but I don't know if that's really why people like them, everyone I know who wears them wears them for their image just as much as anything else. They're cool.
    Lol, they don't, depends what you get. Nice pair of shures do an excellent job and they're in-ear

ReputationRep:
    Bigger headphones more eargasms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mm_Minty)
    Double up as earmuffs in the cold?

They provide a different sound to in-ears, so it's nice to be able to switch between them.

I personally have these, cuz I iz like cool n ****.
    http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/sennhei...77130-pdt.html
    Nicely chosen! Finally someone with taste in quality products unlike Sony and Skullcandy

ReputationRep:
    Thought it would be the Dr. Dre's .

Never seen these before.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people in this thread don't know the first thing about headphones. :facepalm2:

Edit: Hey, don't neg rep me, it's true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.H.T)
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...7C14419648.htm

I see them everywhere I go

whats so good about them?

EDIT - Also do people think that these sort of headphones are less likely to damage your hearing than those small 'in-ear' headphones?
    DJ headphones are on-trend at the moment. Various fashion retailers are sellling own brand/design headsets and more famous audio brands...

all to do with da fashun.

ReputationRep:
    actually...if i have to say things truthfully... these headphones sound pretty good...IF..u amplify them to a good extent...i think the impedance of these are pretty high..so using them with cellphones or I-pods dont really make a difference..using it with a computer or a laptop is fairly good enough for these guys..i had them a while back..now i use AUDIO TECHNICAS!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    Nicely chosen! Finally someone with taste in quality products unlike Sony and Skullcandy
    I had a gander at skullcandy and they seemed pretty overrated; their best feature seemed to be that they looked pretty!

ReputationRep:
    my dad bought me some of those because i broke my other headphones and these were really cheap. for some reason i have 2 pairs though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mm_Minty)
    I had a gander at skullcandy and they seemed pretty overrated; their best feature seemed to be that they looked pretty!
    They break pretty easy also and they feel really cheap.

ReputationRep:
    I considered Skullcandy headphones at one point, in the end I decided to "invest" and spent £70 on some Sennheisers which I've had for 2 years now, are amazing and they haven't missed a beat.

ReputationRep:
    Any sennheiser users here? I've got myself a HD595 last summer and it's magic.

ReputationRep:
    huh! I used to have headphones like this, for my walkman (remember those?). I chucked them out because I thought they were seriously uncool. I can't keep up with you kids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    A lot of people in this thread don't know the first thing about headphones. :facepalm2:
    I concur with this statement. Quite a few people stating that "X" headphones are "good" or are the "best" without having listened to some higher end equipment to compare with. It's all relative.

If you're looking for a good budget IEM (in-ear earphone), then read the respective price section: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/...m3-added-12-20

As for the Dre Beats, they're not bad, but they are not worth the price (compared to other alternatives). Rather, do your research before buying headphones, over at www.head-fi.org .

If you don't care about sound quality, and want them as a fashion accessory, buy whatever.

ReputationRep:
    I wear headphones when earphones make my ears sore. Also they provide better bass than my earphones and block more background noise. (than the earphones I have) Also they feel more comfy and cushions my ears.

I have to put my volume higher to get the same intensity of sound with my headphones compared to my buds. My buds are better for running too as they don't slip/fall off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fuzzed_Out)
    I considered Skullcandy headphones at one point, in the end I decided to "invest" and spent £70 on some Sennheisers which I've had for 2 years now, are amazing and they haven't missed a beat.
    I got excited when I saw Skullcandys. But they didn't live up to my expectations. You did the right thing!

ReputationRep:
    I've got some MASSIVE headphones, but I only use them for DJing... Maybe I should start wearing them in public??....... Errrm...... No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    I'm seeing a lot of these about, including on my own head.

Bieber headphones! I love the colour, these are pretty :love:

How much did you buy them for and where? And also, are they worth the money?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Bieber headphones! I love the colour, these are pretty :love:

How much did you buy them for and where? And also, are they worth the money?
    HMV Oxford Street.

£169.99 - But I had a £100 gift voucher so only had to pay £69.99 out of my own money. Would never had bought them otherwise!

They are brilliant headphones, and all my music is lossless so my music listening experience is pretty immense right now!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.