Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    just realised that loads of people have complained about the price but jack wills does also have an online outlet store, where a lot of the stuff can be very very cheap! www.jackwillsoutlet.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonelykatana)
    I didn't know wtf it was till last year.

Its VERY, VERY overpriced ugly (or simple) clothing.
    People who wear it are either complete nobends, or got it in a sale.
    They ALL buy it because of its 'rah-ness' as you put it.
    How childish an pathetic. It's not overpriced or ugly. Ah right, so I'm automatically a 'nobhead'? Just for the record, it's 'knob-head'. Someone wasn't paying attention in school. Oh and I don't buy it for it's 'rah-ness', I buy it because *shock horror* I like it.

Just looking through their catalogue makes me vomit.
    Not to mention it gives people some sort of idea that a uni liftstyle is full of expensive parties in the middle of a barn?
    The catalogue is beautiful. You're clearly very jealous and bitter. Get over it, you sad individual.

http://www.jackwills.com/Store/Produ...tion=006147003

£69 (hehe) for THAT?! Your ****ting me.
    Im happy to pay that price for something nice, but its a plain black shirt ffs.
    There's nothing wrong with that price for that shirt. What do you expect to pay for quality and fit? Lol go back to primark or whatever shop you get cheap clothing from, and leave us alone.

This sums it up:

Tools.
    Those models are amazingly beautiful. As I've said, clearly jealous.

ReputationRep:
    GET THE **** BACK TO THE KITCHEN, darling

(oh, and the neg rep you've already worked up seems to speak for its self. Considering Im fresh out for the day! I wish I could have given it to you!)
    Wow, a fail attempt at banter and a comment about rep. Gotta' love TSR. :rolleyes:

If you take rep seriously, you're pathetic. There's a large amount of chavs on here anyway, so yeah. Also, I can't cook, so that stereotype also fails. Clearly you couldn't counter any of my points, hence you resorted to this stupid excuse of a reply we now have before us.

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy how it's a 'University Outfitter' even though it's obscenely priced. Ali, £69 for that is ridiculous. I'd pay £69 for a heavy coat, at a push.

http://www.jackwills.com/Store/Brows...Mens_BasicTees

£29 for a t-shirt. I can get 3 for £15 at Burton. Basically, I get six shirts to your one.

ReputationRep:
    A grossly overpriced, banal brand that caters to middle-class students who like to portray themselves as rich and upper-class, even though daddy is a mere middle-level manager or a high street solicitor.

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as you felt you had any sort of basic skill in English in your first comment (regarding nobhead, which believe it or not, is vulgar slang therefore has no correct spelling.), I feel the need to tell you it should be 'a failed attempt...'
    But I'm not a sad little cow who's only argument is to correct ones spelling.

My 'stereotype fail' Got you worked enough to reply though, didn't it darling

How **** must your life be, that you feel the need to defend a brand?
    My guess is your a **** ugly, 15 year old slapper who is trying to act 'rah' over the internet to feed her burning desire to be loved. Note the word guess. (that should prevent any half baked smart arse reply you have.)

Seriously now little girl, is it not past your bed time!?
    Go find your mummy, ask her to love you! Then maybe, just maybe you can inherit some of her kitchen skills.
    LOL your replies are pathetic.

Actually, 'failed' would be past tense, and I was using it in the present. So therefore, I was correct. No I'm not worked up, merely bored. I'm snowed in, I live several miles from my friends, so yeah.

How awful must yours be to insult those who wear it? Haha, I'm 16 actually. Ugly? I'm actually not, I have a good body and face, but I'm not going to brag. I don't act 'rah' at all, I hadn't even heard of that word until I came on here, and my parents love me very much. Proved your guess wrong.

Now, my guess about you. You're a pathetic chav who's jealous of everyone who has more than you. You have no future prospects in the world other than claiming benefits from popping out children faster than you can say 'condom', and you gain pleasure from vandalising phoneboxes and bus stations.

Ha, I don't want to learn to cook thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as you felt you had any sort of basic skill in English in your first comment (regarding nobhead, which believe it or not, is vulgar slang therefore has no correct spelling.), I feel the need to tell you it should be 'a failed attempt...'
    But I'm not a sad little cow who's only argument is to correct ones spelling.

My 'stereotype fail' Got you worked up enough to reply though, didn't it darling

How **** must your life be, that you feel the need to defend a brand?
    My guess is your a **** ugly, 15 year old slapper who is trying to act 'rah' over the internet to feed her burning desire to be loved. Note the word guess. (that should prevent any half baked smart arse reply you have.)

Seriously now little girl, is it not past your bed time!?
    Go find your mummy, ask her to love you! Then maybe, just maybe you can inherit some of her kitchen skills.
    Negged for being a tosser. I'm sure you feel equally hard over the internet.

ReputationRep:
    Wills used to be cool.

ReputationRep:
    what the hell is a 'rah'?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, Jack Wills... don't have anything against the brand (I think they do an amazing job of extracting as much money from some gullible people for what essentially is a plain hoody with WILLS across it)

What I dislike the most about Jack Wills isn't the brand itself (even if the clothes are hideously boring and overpriced in my opinion) but the proportion of wearers who are complete ********s... "omg you're just sooooo jealous of my plain hoody with wills across it! so jealous! you wish you could waste £100 on a coat with no arms!!" I guess that's the kind of market the brand attracts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loafer)
    contrary to what is said above, Jack Wills USED to be what was really fashionable at public schools, when it was this small company which just sent out catalogues to the boarding houses of good schools.

Now most don't touch it because it is pretty much the brand for people who desperately want to look like they go to a public school instead of the local comp and wannabe social climbers.

Many of their customers buy it becuase it is what they think 'posh people' wear.
    THIS.
    It was cool when hardly anyone wore it or had heard of it. The clothes were so much nicer (and cheaper) five years ago, I still have some of their old shirts because they're a much better style and quality compared to the recent stuff.
    And what's with all the HUGE logos?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amizzle91)
    Haha, Jack Wills... don't have anything against the brand (I think they do an amazing job of extracting as much money from some gullible people for what essentially is a plain hoody with WILLS across it)

What I dislike the most about Jack Wills isn't the brand itself (even if the clothes are hideously boring and overpriced in my opinion) but the proportion of wearers who are complete ********s... "omg you're just sooooo jealous of my plain hoody with wills across it! so jealous! you wish you could waste £100 on a coat with no arms!!" I guess that's the kind of market the brand attracts.
    This sounds about right :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Amy-Eliza~)
    THIS.
    It was cool when hardly anyone wore it or had heard of it. The clothes were so much nicer (and cheaper) five years ago, I still have some of their old shirts because they're a much better style and quality compared to the recent stuff.
    And what's with all the HUGE logos?
    So those poor folk can see who their betters are from a greater distance

I kid, it's hideously ugly.

ReputationRep:
    Never even heard about the brand until TSR tbph, maybe I don't hang with these so called upper middle class kids and rahs, I've never had a 'Rah' friend either, not too man in east London

Probaby a good thing :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Cringeworthingly pretentious, 'university outfitters'? I didn't realise your place of study dictated your dress sense. They've only existed since 1999, seems to me it's a brand who have invented an upper class image to sell to wannabe posh kids. If you wanted preppy clothes why not just wear ralph lauren etc, much more fashionable/high quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Arrogant? Hardly. You're clearly just jealous that you can't have it. They're not overpriced at all, and they're good quality. You get what you pay for. Don't like it, don't shop there. But stop insulting all of us who do just because you're jealous. Oh and they have 5 shops in London, so yeah.

I'm guessing that you're one of these wannabe public school types who argues that 'Jack Wills is such good quality, why are you so jealous?' who is probably gagging to fit in with the masses who wear it nowadays so wears a tonne of the stuff. I could guarantee that every third teen girl I see in town would be wearing a gilet, or ugg boots, or a hoodie. Wear in moderation I say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jono404)
    Cringeworthingly pretentious, 'university outfitters'? I didn't realise your place of study dictated your dress sense. They've only existed since 1999, seems to me it's a brand who have invented an upper class image to sell to wannabe posh kids. If you wanted preppy clothes why not just wear ralph lauren etc, much more fashionable/high quality.
    you see, that's a massive problem I have with people who don't like jack wills-they never say a bad word about Ralph Lauren, despite them having the same brand image, being the same prices, and having the same style. I just don't get it.

Oh, and the whole thing about it being overpriced is totally arbitary. Compared to places like topshop and H&M it is, but compared to designers like Paul Smith and Louis Vuiton it's pretty cheap. No great difference in quality either. Just saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summergirl.x)
    It's big in university towns.
    Gets a lot to stick for being overpriced and the people who wear it are wannabes and etc.
    Zara and Topshop are hardly "rah" :')
    Jack Wills is basically the clothes that the private school kids wear (not all, and also others wear it too!) but it's that lifestyle.
    So true! I went to a chemistry residential at Nottingham University where there were mostly private school kids (I go to a comprehensive), and at one point they were talking about clothes and how Jack Wills make really good clothes. They then seemed really shocked when I said I hadn't heard of Jack Wills.

ReputationRep:
    Possibly the worst and preppiest brand that the wannabe middle class who drive Mini Coopers like to wear.

Que neg reps now..

ReputationRep:
    What is the old Jack wills then, now?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.