The Student Room Group

Arrogant, middle-class students

Scroll to see replies

The majority of TSR is probably white middle class. It reflects the type of people that get into university. That's why I don't bother talking about council estates on here or the struggle of the lower working class/underclass. The majority have probably never even been inside a council house before or struggled to afford a loaf of bread.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by basketofsnakes
only a complete bell end would willingly wear jack wills

Judgemental much? I'm not a bell end :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by jblackmoustache

Original post by jblackmoustache
The majority of TSR is probably white middle class. It reflects the type of people that get into university. That's why I don't bother talking about council estates on here or the struggle of the lower working class/underclass. The majority have probably never even been inside a council house before or struggled to afford a loaf of bread.

If you struggle to get a load of bread why do you have an internet connection? Priorities mixed up?
Original post by Hamesh
I've read in a sociology study that it tends to be that as soon as working class get money, they glorify it through material means. This is held untrue for middle classes who tend to save and invest in their future.

That can work both ways imo

On the one hand, you have a working class person, who may have got some new found wealth and will never have seen this much money, so they blow it all away. They could however save the money, as they were used to living in poorer conditions and they'll be useful for a "rainy day" ie: when they are possibly made redundant

On the other hand, you have a middle class person, who's always been relatively affluent. When they're making money of their own they know the importance of it as they have been brought up to spread money out, save up for a mortgage, have kids etc..

They could also have never worked a single day in their life, so they will never have truly experienced the hardship of the working class person. They have always had someone to pay for them. For this reason, they too may also buy themselves in to debt; just like the working class person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending