Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Whos the best in Dubstep? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggmanD)
    http://www.dubstepforum.com/awards/

the UKF funtcase flux pavillion datsik doctor p and the rest of the circus records mid range wobblers only have one nomination in each category.

For example - best producer http://www.dubstepforum.com/awards/d...t-producer.php

Flux Pavilion might have the second most votes but thats because most people who signed up and like the mid range wobble on UKF voted for him as he is the only one representing that category and not many others like Doc P/Funtcase/Datsik etc made the shortlist, All the others represent a very unique style of production but some cross into each other..Scuba/Blake or Mala/Kryptic Minds for example.

I am going against what most people say in this thread as the genre is quite diverse and what has the most hits on youtube is not a representation of it at all.

Just add that the best dubstep DJ of all time is Youngsta. Unless you have seen him then you cannot comment otherwise

That's beacuse DSF is full of people that hate mid range brostep and like stuff like Loefah...

ReputationRep:
    Borgore :love:

ReputationRep:
    nero <3
    innocence and electron are the best

ReputationRep:

See sig also

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastyCoke)
    That's beacuse DSF is full of people that hate mid range brostep and like stuff like Loefah...
    There is a reason the main forum for the genre doesn't like the wobble..like me they probably listen to other electronic genres and have seen how unoriginal and monotonous production makes a genre stale.. trance and drum and bass in the early 2000's to a few years ago being prime examples.

That forum is a hub for whats going on outside.. youtube is just a place teenagers go to waste some time and dubstep is just what Limp Bizkit and Korn were in my day, the angry music to make me look proper cool

ReputationRep:
    Don't know many producers, I just listen to random beats. Dubstep is a rip off of grime anyway, in terms of fast beats etc

But I like Doctor P and Benga

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joluk)

See sig also
    No.

(Original post by zKlown)
    Dubstep is a rip off of grime anyway, in terms of fast beats etc
    No.

Anyway, on a more dubstep related note, Tunnidges newest pieces are sounding ****ing amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Dubstep is a rip off of grime anyway, in terms of fast beats etc
    How? They are similar genres that came about at roughly the same time and both evolved from 2-step garage. One didn't rip off the other, they co-existed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshyy)
    She's 100000000000000% more inside the dubstep scene than Modestep.
    Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they're not dubstep, what else would you call them? Just because its not dark and slow doesn't mean it doesn't fit in the genre, don't be so much of a music snob

ReputationRep:
    Martyn.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.