Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do YOU make a cup of tea? :) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Insert (Earl Grey) teabag, pour boiling water, stir, throw away teabag, insert milk.

ReputationRep:
    i do milk, then just as kettle has boiled i put the teabag in and then the water, which i try to pour directly onto the teabag. i have decaff tea and some of the bags dont seem to get as strong/brew as well if theyve been in milk for a bit so have to put bag in as late as possible (co-op decaff teabags are worst for it so either put milk in after the water or place the bag on the spoon, just inside the cup and pour water directly onto it, but tetley and pgtips decaff ones dont seem to have same problem). i then have to let it cool for a bit cos i cant drink it straightaway

ReputationRep:
    3 sugars, teabag, add water, wait 5 minutes or so then add milk to taste
    and biccies if required
    Really want tea now :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    Hot water, Tea bag, Water, Milk and then Honey.
    I've just found out how you prepare tea
    I won't disclose the way I do it..I have many recipes for different kinds of tea..that's enough of a tip.

ReputationRep:
    I don't drink tea, but being asian I have a lot of experience of making tea. One method is the pan on stove - which has already been explained. The other one goes as follows:
    1. boil water in kettle.
    2. pour some milk in a cup (about 20-30%)
    3. put teabag in the cup
    4. microwave the cup so that the milk heats up and the tea colour comes in to how you like it.
    5. pour the hot water into the cup and remove teabag.
    6. Add sugar and spices.

My parents like tea to be quite dark even after the milk and they prefer hot milk with tea so this works.

ReputationRep:
    Boil the kettle, put the teabag in the cup, add the boiling water, wait desired time for tea strengh, take the tea bag out, add desired milk and sugar.

ReputationRep:
    I pretty much conform to what Orwell says (http://www.booksatoz.com/witsend/tea/orwell.htm) but I have to have sugar in my tea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyowl)
    Everyone else I know adds the milk last, but I do it first. Partly because that's how I was taught to do it, and partly because if I don't add the milk first I can't accurately judge how much I need and it doesn't turn out right.

I'm always getting complimented on my good cuppas
    i always put it in last... as it enables me to judge exactly how much to put in.

teabag then water... then squish the teabag around a lot until it turns exactly the right colour. then add milk until it turns exactly the right colour.

whenever i put milk in first i always put too much or too little, which then means when i try to get the tea to the right strength by judging its colour it always turns out too weak or too strong

ReputationRep:
    Teabag in cup.
    Two sugars in cup
    Boiling water poured in.
    A few stirs.
    Squeeze teabag with finger on spoon. Stop after 'ouch...****!'
    Milk.
    Biscuits.
    Dunk.
    Smile.

ReputationRep:
    In order: cup, teabag, milk, water, ribena, urine, crystal meth, blood, semen, vomit, liquid nitrogen. And sugar.

ReputationRep:
    Yorkshire teabag (only the best), hot water, s***load of milk and then the magic ingredient - SPLENDA. I don't care if it's going to give me cancer, it tastes so damn good.

ReputationRep:
    first milk then sugar, after the kettle is boiled i put the teabag in then add water

ReputationRep:
    Tea Bag, hot water 70%, milk 30% and sugar. Then ya stir.

ReputationRep:
    2 sugars in the mug, then teabag, then boiling water, milk and then take the teabag out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geetar)
    In order: cup, teabag, milk, water, ribena, urine, crystal meth, blood, semen, vomit, liquid nitrogen. And sugar.
    I think that's very creative.

ReputationRep:
    -Birds covered pick the tea leaves from the mountains of india

-Dwarfs that smell of musk carry water from the springs of the Scottish highlands and boil it in the Icelandic volcanoes

ReputationRep:
    At home - Boil water, one teabag in the pot for 2 cups or 2 teabags in the bigger pot for more than two people, milk in the cups, leave to brew for 3 minutes then pour it out.

At uni - Boil water, milk and teabag in the cup, pour boiled water on, leave to brew for 2 minutes or until the colour is perfect, burn fingers fishing out the teabag because I have no clean spoons.

Or occasionally, leave to brew, forget about the cup of tea, look over at the side twenty minutes later and remember that I haven't even taken the teabag out yet.

ReputationRep:
    I heard it tastes better if you do teabag, milk, water, but I've never tried it.
    I do teabag, water, milk, sugar.

ReputationRep:
    Tea bag first, then water, then the smallest drop of milk, then two sugars, then happy warm feeling.

ReputationRep:
    I make my tea with coffee...

...but when I make tea for other people it goes:

Teabag and, if required, sugar first.

Hot water - give the tea-bag a good squishing to get all tea-e goodness out.

Remove the teabag, ensure that the sugar has dissolved into the hot water, and then add milk (Milk making up about 15-20% of the beverage).

I have a natural distrust of people that put the milk in first... although, I can let that pass (to a certain extent) if the tea is being poured from the teapot - It will already have infused.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.