Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever sworn at your parents? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have, once or twice. I'm not proud of it and I did it in a moment of extreme anger and anxiety.

I'm not the kind of git who uses their parents as a verbal punch bag and I don't have the kind of parents that one would want to swear at anyway. I love my family <3

ReputationRep:
    Yes, in argument though not usually in normal conversation unless they're in a good mood and I'm joking. But I swear like fishwife in front of them when I argue with my siblings, and then when they tell me to not swear I walk from the room shouting: '**** **** **** *******s ****!!!!'
    To be honest I am very good teenager apart from the backchatting so I don't feel bad about it, they swear too.

ReputationRep:
    Everyday

ReputationRep:
    Nooo.
    I've said curse words around my mom (during particularly frustrating fights) but I've never, ever called them things (to their face).

ReputationRep:
    I swear in front of them, not all the time though.

I've never really been in an argument where I've felt the need to swear at them though

ReputationRep:
    Yes all the time, in fact as I recall my first words were

'I don't give a s*** what you're doing you stupid whore, get the f*** into the f****** kitchen and make me a goddamn sandwich and when you're done sort the f****** ironing out you lazy b****'

Or something to that effect

ReputationRep:
    I'd get killed if I swore at my parents.
    Oddly enough, I can swear around the house quite freely as long as I don't use the F word, but get shouted at for saying hell, damn or oh my god. Weird.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. A year or so back I fell down the stairs and accidentally swore in front of my mum as I lay there in a heap on the floor. If looks could kill... :o:

ReputationRep:
    Yep. But only when I am really, REALLY stressed!!

ReputationRep:
    Not AT them, but I can say words around them that I couldn't when I was little like '****' (s word), arse, stupid and some others.

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit I swear at my mum a fair bit, never directly at my dad, only if I've done something wrong or hurt myself or something

But yeah, I swear a lot at my mum

ReputationRep:
    http://www.chinatraderonline.com/Fil...2292752409.jpg

It would leave a mark.

ReputationRep:
    Ive been brought up not to swear,so my swearing is limited to s**t and t**t and bloody hell,which really isnt a modern swear word.

I tend just to rant out loud and ramble in my room(or under my breath) when Im annoyed

ReputationRep:
    I wont swear at them, but if theres a conversation going on i'll drop minor words in such as 'sl*utty' as a joke but i don't do it too often. they swear themselves though. i think the warning i received whilst watching a TV show was:

'you may here us say it, you may hear it on tv and you may hear your friends say it....but if i catch you i'll put you through a bloody wall!'

but yeah, i dont

ReputationRep:
    Yup. Last night.

ReputationRep:
    I'd never! I try very hard to never swear. I don't even like damn or oh my God...

ReputationRep:
    I swear around my mother, but never at her! :O

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who does needs to learn some manners.

ReputationRep:
    No. Not because I would be punished, because to be honest I wouldn't be punished.
    But because it is wrong to swear at your parents. Honestly I can't even imagine how it would occur to anyone to do it.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Rofl.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.