Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Surprised there aren't more Safari users.

ReputationRep:
    IE :puke: have to use it at college sometimes but it pains me. Used firefox for a long time but it got too slow and unwieldy, then Chrome got add-ons and I haven't looked back since.

ReputationRep:
    I hardly use IE, it's so slow, I've moved on to Google Chrome ages ago, and i'm liking it

ReputationRep:
    I use Chrome

Firefox. I never liked Chrome, because it felt too stripped down and it was hogging a mega feckload of RAM for some reason.

Switched to Firefox a couple of years back. But it started to become so slow, crashed when I had multiple tabs open - my laptop was a pretty decent one. So switched to Chrome and it's all been good. :jive:

I quite liked the scrolling on the IE 9 beta but then I found the smooth scrolling addon for Chrome.
        • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
        I can barely remember when I switched away from IE as my main browser... years ago now. Now using Chrome primarily, after an initial transition to FF (FF's memory leak issues became too frustrating, and Chrome just keeps getting better).

Now I just wish I could get something other than IE7 on my work laptop, though given that that was only upgraded from IE6 a year or so ago I think I may be waiting a fair while! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
        firefox for me...but sometimes have to use IE cos some sites still haven't moved on :|

ReputationRep:
        I use firefox 'cause I love it and have no problems with it. However I do have to venture to internet explorer when I want to check my bank.. but the bank is changing its system soon to run with Java so hopefully they won't restrict it to just IE.

Oh and I have to use IE at school (the network system for Northern Irish schools sucks)

ReputationRep:
        *whisper*

I use IE.

ReputationRep:
        "Still using Internet Exploder?"

Was the title meant to say 'Exploder'? 0.o

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Rishz)
        "Still using Internet Exploder?"

Was the title meant to say 'Exploder'? 0.o
        Yes. It's an intentional pun.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by L'Amour Toujours)
        I use the spell checking add-ons and translation add-ons most. The rest I could probably live without, I admit. ^^'
        Chrome automatically spell checks and I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a google-powered translation extension.

ReputationRep:
        I can't even get IE to open without a ''Internet Explorer is not responding'' and it crashing out completely. Thank goodness for chrome :yy:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by jimimick)
        Opera 11 FTW
        This, stopped using firefox ages ago once it started becoming a bloated mess.

IE9 isn't too bad though, big improvements over the previous versions.

ReputationRep:
        My boyfriend's brother puts together his own computers, makes game mods etc.... And still prefers Internet Explorer. Old habits die hard?

Firefox fan myself, 4.0 looks like it might be a big improvement. Also full HTML5 capabilities. c:

ReputationRep:
        I use firefox because of the way it handles RSS feeds. I like having mine in popout lists on the bookmarks bar.

I gave Chrome a go for about a month or so, tried dozens of addons to get it as similar to firefox as I could (including firefox style RSS menus), but the second I switched back to FF everything became good again.

ReputationRep:

I use Internet Explorer on my mac.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by caiitlinz)
        My boyfriend's brother puts together his own computers, makes game mods etc.... And still prefers Internet Explorer. Old habits die hard?

Firefox fan myself, 4.0 looks like it might be a big improvement. Also full HTML5 capabilities. c:
        And he has the effrontery to live the lifestyle of a geek? There's only 1 cardinal geek sin worse, and that's to say that Windows ME was a good operating system.

ReputationRep:
        IE is and always was *******s. Opera and Google Chrome are far superior lol.

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2010
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.