But turkey is a bird :s not meat...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4TSR)
    But turkey is a bird :s not meat...
    Bird = Meat
    Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noam Chomsky)
    Personally I'd opt for Goose, but would settle for Beef.

Didn't include Gammon because I presume many of you, por moi, have Gammon on boxing day?

For the veggies I've included nothing, because you aren't real people
    I have Gammon on christmas day I had no idea it was a boxing day tradition at all!

ReputationRep:
    Turkeyy! My mum puts it on slow cook early on Christmas morning, so when we wake up the whole house smells like turkey. Literally the smell of Christmas right there.

ReputationRep:
    Chicken :woo: I :love: chicken.

I'm not a massive fan of turkey, and I won't any other meat with a dinner except sausages. Sooo chicken for meee. The rest of my family are having turkey though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    French spelling of pour has a u in...you however mean "comme"

However I highly agree with your last point!

To all those saying they find turkey dry, they've obv never had well cooked turkey! I find it moist and succulent :coma:
    That's what she said.

(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
      French spelling of pour has a u in...you however mean "comme"

However I highly agree with your last point!

To all those saying they find turkey dry, they've obv never had well cooked turkey! I find it moist and succulent :coma:
      Indeed. The turkey here is always delicious. I've had many a chicken that has been more dry and tasteless!
      • PS Helper
      • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by mc1000)
      That's what she said.
      Indeed, that is what I said.

(Original post by happydinosaur)
      Indeed. The turkey here is always delicious. I've had many a chicken that has been more dry and tasteless!
      See my family cook good chicken and turkey, it's the over steamed vegetables which are a pisstake, they are so soggy they are practically water!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by IHeartAmerica1993)
      I have Gammon on christmas day I had no idea it was a boxing day tradition at all!
      It isn't, except for his/her family of course The tradition is to have both turkey and some form of ham/gammon on Christmas Day (or at least little sausages - often wrapped in bacon.)
      • PS Helper
      • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
      It isn't, except for his/her family of course The tradition is to have both turkey and some form of ham/gammon on Christmas Day (or at least little sausages - often wrapped in bacon.)
      Pigs in blankets :sogood:

ReputationRep:
      Turkey is possibly the most boring meat on Earth. It tastes how I imagine old people would taste, if cooked.

ReputationRep:
      Turkey

ReputationRep:
      Turkey and gammon then leftover gammon on boxing day

ReputationRep:
      Turkey.

Goose is for New Year.

ReputationRep:
      Duck

ReputationRep:
      Last year's xmas, I spent it with a bunch of EU exchange and overseas students. We had turkey, goose, duck and venison. We finished everything but the turkey.

The left over turkey was in the fridge till easter :P It ain't happening this year :P :P :P

This year, it is a considerably smaller affair, just my gf, her 3 year old and her mother. Don't really like leftovers. Therefore it is only going to be 1 whole salmon and a beef joint. Will be served with my special tomato soup, my special mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables and the part I am most looking forward to tiramisu for dessert
      • PS Helper
      • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
      I've just had Turkey for 3rd day in row!
      We had Christmas dinner on Wednesday (because my mum wanted to make one and we are going to relatives on Christmas day), then yesterday had leftover turkey in gravy and turkey soup, then today we had turkey pie...tomorrow obv have another roast turkey...I'm going to look like a turkey!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.