Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

anyone else HATE christmas and find is MAJORLY DEPRESSING?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I like most things about it, however if there is one thing I cannot stand it is the huge amount of materialism assosiated with it. I am sorry but its sickening to see just how much greed there is with it.

ReputationRep:
    For one thing, no one knows with certainty the date of birth of Jesus Christ. "In fact, dates in almost every month in the year were suggested by reputable scholars at one time or another," notes The American Book of Days.

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand people who are whiney about Christmas.
    I'm not all estatic about it anymore but it's not DEPRESSING unless you're a whiney emo **** (I see status' like this EVERY year).

No one is forcing you to celebrate it, do some studying or something if you hate it THAT much.
    If you hate your family, don't see them or just act like it's a normal day.
    Oh yeah, and if you hate celebrating it remember to tell people not to waste money on you.

I'm sure you'll appreciate it when you grow older and have a couple of days of work because of it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    did you read my thread title? this is for miserable s*ds only. if you want to rave about how awesome and tinselly xmas is, please feel free to make your own.

i have no family at all, except for distant relatives abroad who i dont speak to, and my siblings who are spending with their signifciant others. i will be alone and im GLAD.

i will get up, go to church at 8am for the Latin Tridentine Mass (it will be empty except for radical catholics), then go home and do housework and ignore xmas as much as possible. if i had more money i would leave the counrty over xmas.

i have told everyone who wants to buy me stuff to donate to Oxfam Unwrapped because i dont believ in materialism either. so no presents for me.
    Right little ray of sunshine you are.

You sound like you enjoy being miserable :lolwut:

(and sod is a swearword now?)

ReputationRep:
    It's alright. I don't like the idea that some people have that if you don't have the most fun possible at Christmas, you are automatically miserable. No, I just manage to have fun and spend time with my family in the other 11 months of the year. In fact, it is the attempt to force joyfullness that lead to me and my family arguing. I don't get into the festive mood until Christmas Eve though and New Years Day is more depressing IMO.

ReputationRep:
    I'm spending christmas ALL ALONE this year, so hell yes, it's depressing.

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate it but I'm just really underwhelmed this year.

If anything I'm more depressed about being single especially for NYE

ReputationRep:
    To answer the original question, yes, and I have kids, too! I force myself to be cheerful about it when my kids are around, of course, cos they just love the magic of it all (it's magical for THEM). But inside, from the first banal 'decorations' in LATE OCTOBER (wtf???) in shopping centres, and the near constant piped christmas music in the same from December on, there is a burning dislike at the fakeness of it all. Jesus (great human being btw) wasn't born on Dec 25 as we all know by now. Even the tree comes from Paganism (I've nothing against Pagan religion, either btw). As for Santa and his reindeer...I live in Australia where Christmas time is usually accompanied by burning hot summer days, and seeing a big red suited man in a sled over snow everywhere IN THE MIDDLE OF SUMMER GODDAMN IT annoys the stuffin out of me. It's all based on falsehood...but the kids love it, so I go along with the tree and the presents...but I'm excited because it's ALMOST OVER!

ReputationRep:
    I hate Xmas.
    I don't get depressed about it,I just want to be left alone.
    That's what people don't understand,it ain't a religious thing,I just want other people to stop making snide remarks because I don't indulge.
    Drink,drug and **** yourself silly,I don't care,it's just another day to me.
    I do what I like,I don't force my beliefs on anybody,I just don't want to be involved in a celebration of something that has no meaning to me.:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Having realised that I have spent about 4 hours on the computer so far today I can agree that Christmas is indeed a bit depressing

ReputationRep:
    I hate christmas, to be honest. I'm not at all close to my family, and we don't have any money for the sparkly fake christmas, so we're sort of left with nothing.
    I hate all of my friends around this time of year banging on about how wonderful their christmas will be and the million things they're going to ask for for christmas, not once realising how lucky they are or how spoilt they can be.
    Ideally, I would spend christmas with my friends, but they're obviously with their families, so I'm alone at the minute. Absolute heaven having the flat to myself for once

ReputationRep:
    My family are currently eating christmas dinner without me - I just went down to ask if I could help with anything, and they'd nearly finished eating!

ReputationRep:
    I love all sweets, bar humbugs.

ReputationRep:
    haha you SCROOGE

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.